Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VirtuteStreams
Dec 23, 2019
A Short Hike

A Short Hike trailer
Hike, climb, and soar through the peaceful mountainside landscapes of Hawk Peak Provincial Park. Follow the marked trails or explore the backcountry as you make your way to the summit. Along the way, meet other hikers, discover hidden treasures, and take in the world around you.

Why A Short Hike?
I chose A Short Hike because it looked like a fun, open ended game and I was sold on the game from screenshots alone. I didn't even know most of the mechanics or the premise of the game outside of it being about hiking, or the aesthetic of the game. As a cutesy literal walking sim, the concept of Death Stranding meets Animal Crossing seemed pretty fun to me!

The LP
This Let's Play is a blind run through of the game and some side content, I chose exploration rather than main plot line progression as my priority (Although we will finish the game!). Characters and text are read, but not overly voice acted. I hope you enjoy it, as I enjoyed the game a lot!
As a side note, the game is quite short - so it's already been recorded. Although not fully edited down/rendered, so if you have suggestions or anything you'd like me to adjust, I'll definitely take that on board.

Videos
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

VirtuteStreams fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VirtuteStreams
Dec 23, 2019
I've added the third part of this A Short Hike playthrough
Next part will be up Tuesday. I'm yet to finish up on the editing process for it so let me know if there's anything I should add or cover :)

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Definitely looks to be a cute little game.

VirtuteStreams
Dec 23, 2019

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Definitely looks to be a cute little game.

It really is. The amount the game made me smile whilst playing with the writing, even when editing reading the dialogue again brought about smiles.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what project is next for the dev.

VirtuteStreams
Dec 23, 2019
Part 4 is up on YouTube now =)
Part 5 will be Friday at 7PM GMT.
I'll be aiming for 2 parts a week until it's complete!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I picked this game up from Humble Trove last year and it was definitely in my top ten. so much charm in one little package

VirtuteStreams
Dec 23, 2019

morallyobjected posted:

I picked this game up from Humble Trove last year and it was definitely in my top ten. so much charm in one little package
I had it in Humble Trove but for whatever reason it passed me by. I'm glad I got around to playing it though :)

VirtuteStreams
Dec 23, 2019
Part 5 of this LP is now up on YouTube!

VirtuteStreams
Dec 23, 2019
Part 6 of the playthrough is now up =)

VirtuteStreams
Dec 23, 2019
I updated the OP with part 7 (The final part)

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

VirtuteStreams posted:

I updated the OP with part 7 (The final part)

with the current world situation, this game about walking around and enjoying the outdoors with people suddenly became a lot more of a fantasy than originally intended

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Agreed with previous comments, that was pretty cute

VirtuteStreams
Dec 23, 2019
Definitely a cute game, I think it's great 2020 escapism fodder too :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I beat it entirely via keyboard before I realised it had controller support

:negative: