Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock

check your gorm carefully for irregularities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock

lol that picture

a very "ah gently caress, i can't believe you've done this" pose

Yinlock

owlhawk911 posted:

sorry op, i was so excited by what i'd learned about gorm that i almost forgot to actually answer your question. gorm is love, and you get it by giving it. try capturing Dublin, Ireland for the people you care about

any idea what's up with the falcons?

"my precious falcon has been slain, thank goodness both my sons are still alive or i would immediately die"

Yinlock

I like the idea that Thyra keeps trying to tell Gorm that one of his sons is dead using metaphors and Gorm just has no fuckin clue

"no see you have two cows and one of them has met with misfortune"

"alas, a dark day at the pasture"

owlhawk911 posted:

if Gorm has three pillaging sons why are only two of them are falcons? it's all Harald this Canute that oh my falcons, all we know about the thirds son is that he's a viking. i want to know more, gorm's legacy calls to me

I like how Canute was shot was shot while watching football despite apparently conquering dublin at the time

sounds like someone was slacking off imo

Yinlock

Nosfereefer posted:

"shot by a cowards arrow" does sound like an euphemism tbh

"the coward's arrow" is one of the 69 forbidden sex moves

owlhawk911 posted:

Gorm was the father of three sons, Toke, Knut and Harald, later King Harald Bluetooth.

Gorm apparently knew which son was gonna be king, since he shitposted his first two's names.

shoutouts to my boys Toke and Big Knut

Yinlock

alnilam posted:

[hours later]

Thyra: Okay so what's do we call that which brings light to the day?

Gorm: Uh, the sun?

T: Yes very good. Now suppose you had two of them in the sky

G:bTwo suns you say? Ah, such brightness we would have!

T: ... and the brighter of the two were suddenly snuffed out

G: O! alas, how I would mourn the dimness of the day, having known two suns, and then only seeing one. Ah what fortune it is that we are accustomed to but one sun

T: :eng99:

(His third son is sulking in the corner because he hasn't made it into any of the metaphors yet)

Yinlock

days later, gorm bravely issuing a royal decree to create nature preserves as his queen is downing a whole bottle of ale in the background

Yinlock

owlhawk911 posted:

thyra, drunkenly: you have two bottles of ale. and one is shot by a coward's arrow attempting to capture Dublin, Ireland

"it seems strange things are afoot in dublin, when my son returns i will ask him in detail about these grave omens"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock

Manifisto posted:

wheat gorm

mom can i go play baseball

not until you finish your wheat gorms

aw gee