Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pooper Trooper
Jul 4, 2011

neveroddoreven

Have you ever thought you'd hosed up a photo but in the end it looked pretty sweet? Maybe opened the camera back and instantly realised there's still a roll of film in it? Forgot to change settings? hosed up the focus, timing or framing? And somehow the results were interesting or funny? Let me see those unintentional gems.

Here's one I got off the last roll of film I had forgotten in my Zenit Fotosnaiper. I like how the seagull looks like he's flying away from the white and into the gap between two sky pillars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
What do I do if those are the only types of photos I take

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I took this shot with a Moskva 5 folding 6x9 camera. There were some partisan re-enactors in the small Slovak town where I lived, and they had a train with guns mounted on it. I asked if I could take some photos with something approaching a period camera and they were super up for it.

If you've never used a folding camera like a Moskva or an Ikonta, it's basically a hybrid of a rangefinder with a leaf shutter at the lens. This means you cock the shutter at the lens, but the shutter release button is on the body. To fire it, you have to have both wound on and cocked the shutter. There's a mechanical linkage that connects the shutter button to the shutter itself at the lens, which you can manually push but it's hard to get to as it's between the bellows and the tray.

Anyway, these two dutifully lined up for me a few minutes apart against different train carriages. Somehow I managed to accidentally take a double exposure where the carriages are almost perfectly lined up, but the subjects are offset enough that it looks like they posed together.

LegioVlak005.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

we haven't done one of these threads in ages and i'm glad to see it back

PA200427 by Ben Wilcox, on Flickr

here's a bird dropkicking another bird