Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Smurf Smurf

-The Smurfiest Smurf.
-Communicates using one word only. That word is "smurf" and variations thereof.
-The bluest blue

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I suspect Smurf Smurf may actually be a pokemon named Smurf.

DeathCrabForCutie
oh fuc-
Smurf?

-Seems like your average run-of-the-mill smurf
-most commonly seen as a background character, only differentiated by his black beady eyes.
-doesn't talk much. sometimes makes a barely audible gurgling noise.
-always front facing
-presence causes other smurfs to chuckle incessantly with looks of horror upon their face

Floral smurf
-This one has a flower hat!

sig by Pot Smoke Phoenix!

Escape From Noise

Bad Bad Smurfy Brown

-Baddest Smurf in the whole damned town.
-Badder than old King Kong
-Meaner than a junkyard dog

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Good Lord

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Smurf Smurf

-The Smurfiest Smurf.
-Communicates using one word only. That word is "smurf" and variations thereof.
-The bluest blue

hahaha

super sweet best pal

Dr Smurfenstein, sewing the leftover parts of the dead smurfs together to make new ones.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
oh jeez

who awakened the one that should not be (Eldritch Smurf)?

does anyone understand the sheer task/undertaking it's going to be to get it back into the abyss?? :cripes:

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

alnilam

super sweet best pal posted:

Dr Smurfenstein, sewing the leftover parts of the dead smurfs together to make new ones.

"Actually, I'm Dr. Smurfenstein's Smurf..."

Twenty Four

old man Smurf constantly yelling at the kids "get off my smurf turf!"

google THIS

Anti-Smurf

Generally accepted by his Smurf friends despite his black hat, orange skin, and the fact that if he ever accidentally touched a regular Smurf everything within 20 miles would be vaporized.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

cda posted:

This owns so hard. I feel like if you did a couple of more like papa and smurfette in this style, someone would buy them

where my money?

google THIS posted:

Anti-Smurf

Generally accepted by his Smurf friends despite his black hat, orange skin, and the fact that if he ever accidentally touched a regular Smurf everything within 20 miles would be vaporized.

Goons Are Gifts

Oh my God this beard is GORGEOUS

Escape From Noise

SILF (Smurf I'd Like To Smurf)

-Fully sexual (but doesn't realize it)
-Makes everyone hot & bothered except for family who get really uncomfortable at every Smurf constantly talking about it.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

:yeshaha:

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

City of Glompton

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
lol this thread

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
and btw, Eldritch Smurf is not one that needs to be sealed or contained in any way. The Smurf village loves him and he, them. : )

Eldritch is a good smurf who routinely does good (he comforts people on their deathbed, reaches out to orphans and refugees, his favorite childhood moments were at a hospital for the disabled, offers his empathy to widows, attends funerals of strangers. His strongest memory is feeding children with leprosy)

Manifisto

I feel like we could make an extremely strong banner ad with these if you're up for it

I'm thinking just a line of them alternating, no text or anything

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

I feel like we could make an extremely strong banner ad with these if you're up for it

I'm thinking just a line of them alternating, no text or anything

we should do this

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

we should do this

with the artist's permission ofc but it would look awesome

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

And add them to the side animals rotation.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
wait, this forum is blue...

have we've been posting in the smurf forum all along??!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goons Are Gifts

Byob stands for smurf

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Manifisto posted:

with the artist's permission ofc but it would look awesome

Of course!

Manifisto

thanks! here's a version, I am wondering if some animation would enhance it or just gild the lily

e: something like this maybe? there's room to do like three or maybe even four groups if that would be better

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 4, 2020

pixaal

But would it be possible to rearrange them in a way so they kind of spell BYOB without like cropping limbs off.

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

pixaal posted:

But would it be possible to rearrange them in a way so they kind of spell BYOB without like cropping limbs off.

I don't think I'd want to mess with gsjg's fine art to do that, but I might be able to put the letters in the background, maybe kind of subtly

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

Manifisto posted:

I don't think I'd want to mess with gsjg's fine art to do that, but I might be able to put the letters in the background, maybe kind of subtly

What if they like flashed in front of the image every few seconds or something?

pixaal

Yeah I didn't see a way to do it without ruining the art background is an idea.

As far as animation I think them sliding along would be best but very likely way too many frames to do in the space of a banner ad. Other than having them blink or something I'm not sure anything else would look better because that is already drat near perfect!

sig by owlhawk911

alnilam

Have them swap places and flashing text that says "Click the bluest smurf for a chance to win a free iPod!"

pixaal

alnilam posted:

Have them swap places and flashing text that says "Click the bluest smurf for a chance to win a free iPod!"

Congratulations, you have been selected to win a FREE iPod nano! Click the banner to get started! (which one? There's 12 talking banners right here)

CLICK HERE FOR ANIMATED CURSORS! Sweet I love my smurf cursor. When it's thinking it turns into Papa Smurf!

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

lol I like the "free ipod" idea, here is something simpler tho:

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
banner idea (not necessarily connected to smurfs): those "click here to download" pop-ups from shady downloading mirrors

Manifisto

Nosfereefer posted:

banner idea (not necessarily connected to smurfs): those "click here to download" pop-ups from shady downloading mirrors

we should probably just do another banner thread and stop hijacking this excellent smurf thread

ty nesamdoom!

Nosfereefer

"click here to post"

with various designs to trick other forums to post here (and also give them virus)

Nosfereefer

good point

lead developer smurf

-has a "vision" for the smurf village
-defends bad workplace practices through ping pong tables
-recently forced thru unwanted smurf nerf

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Manifisto posted:

thanks! here's a version, I am wondering if some animation would enhance it or just gild the lily

e: something like this maybe? there's room to do like three or maybe even four groups if that would be better

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Giant smurf:
-half again the height of a regular smurf
-that's it.

Smurf dog:
-four legs
-waggy tail
-floppy ears
-panting all the time