Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Biden winning the primary is more of a nail in the coffin than this impeachment trial. We've completely failed as a nation if Joe loving Biden is the best we can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I'm rock hard thinking about Biden being obliterated day 1.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Do they really expect Bernie people to roll over for this if all this quality control poo poo is true?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

OctaMurk posted:

The Democratic Party which has lost several key elections due to the electoral college, literally implementing its own form of the electoral college.
You don't think both are intentional?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I was planning on doing early caucus for Nevada (mostly because my wife doesn't want to go alone and doesn't want to go to the sweaty real caucus), but I'm not sure I trust whoever is going to handle the early caucus slips. Anyone know what kind of or if there is even any oversight by the candidates? I'm afraid to go waste time putting in double Bernie-NonCommitted-NonCommitted slips just for them to go to Pete.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

This "unity" stuff pisses me off. If I wanted a republican-light, I'd pick Biden, not make Pete relevant for the rest of his life.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Holy poo poo if this is true.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The overlap of "vote blue no matter who, except Bernie" and people who get the vapors for someone suggesting that they won't vote for anyone but Bernie is a perfect circle.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Kraftwerk posted:

Is there ANY scenario where a contested convention will lead to a Bernie nomination or are we well and truly hosed?
They would rather let anyone but Bernie win and doom us to forever GOP control than let Bernie win.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Private Witt posted:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1225817466045190145

This is an interesting dynamic looming in the race, because I think it is pretty likely that Buttigieg, if he had the same familiarity as Biden and Bernie, would poll as the best candidate against Trump.

Pete demonstrated some Bernie-type strength in bringing new caucus-goers to the polls, and won like all of the counties in Iowa that went Obama/Obama/Trump.
Great visual argument for why Iowa should not be the first state to determine the candidate.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Kodo posted:

First poll to have Pete out in front! https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1225994166670446592?s=19

Still a long way to ago, but encouraging nonetheless. Not sure the debate will have any kind of affect, nobody seemed to really stand out from their usual schtick, will be interesting to see what the post-debate polls will say since there will have been more eyes on this debate than previous ones, presumably.
Is this a gimmick?

The only possible way to read this is that Pete stumbled over his own record, his usual schtick. Damning if true.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Well I was considering going to the real NV caucus instead of early voting but turns out I have to be at a memorial that day so early voting it is. What can I do to ensure that my vote isn't mysterious changed to Butt?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Warren can still be useful by knifing Pete in the back with all his ties to the big money people/businesses she is always making GBS threads on anyway.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Well now that Klobmentum has overtaken the country I can sleep easy.

Why would they even report with something like 15 votes in?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I’d say we could reach anti-abortion (sorry, “pro-life”) folks if they weren’t arguing in complete bad faith to justify controlling women. You’d think if they really cared they would be all about sex education to actually prevent abortion.

Aren’t there studies that one of those teen pregnancy reality shows brought down teen pregnancy rates?

Edit: this is not the thread I thought. Giving goku Bernie my energy.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

So this SomethingAwful has some of the worst Bernouts around because they correctly argued that Bernie shouldn't pander to anti-abortion views because ??? and somehow this will lead to people who will always pull the R lever to vote for Bernie? Interesting.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The Connors is pretty good actually :shobon:

...for a show with a laugh track, anyway.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Who is the Cruz to warren’s fiorina when they get desperate?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

gently caress it, I'm all in for the first dolphin VP.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

spouse posted:

gently caress your mom, put him in his place.
Definite power move against your dad :stare:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Anyone getting mad over :decorum: obviously puts that above actual positive change so they can suck it.

I was going to vote for Bernie until ChapoBernout69420 tweeted a meme. Bernie literally held a gun to my head as I voted for Trump!

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

My boomer-rear end dad texted me last night to tell me he RSVP'd us for the Bernie rally on Sunday.

He went to a town hall back in December, and that's what sealed the deal for him being all in on Bernie. It was the one with this.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Once again, if you are turned off by Sanders' supporters being mean to you on the internet, you don't care about actual positive change and are just looking for an escape hatch to get back to the status quo.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

EMoney posted:

[i]Sanders is the only clear non-starter. It’s impossible not to regard the Vermont senator in a Trumplike mold—he seldom has shown an ability to build consensus and threatens to use executive orders extensively, just like Trump. It’s also doubtful he could assemble a highly qualified Cabinet, meaning he’d essentially be the left wing version of Trump: isolated, angry, unable to work with others and showing too little respect for dissenting opinions. A Sanders candidacy simply guarantees a Trump
:laffo:

We need to play by the unofficial rules while when the GOP gets in power they do whatever they want! This is a winning strategy, guys!

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Imagine if Warren suddenly realized her only path to remain relevant is to drop out now and endorse Bernie.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Gyges posted:

Neither one would even pick a Kagan, let alone an RBG.
If we don't take the senate, Bernie can't pick an RBG or a Kagan.

Our system is seriously hosed up.

Sydin posted:

She's going to endorse Klob.
Well yeah. I did say "imagine."

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Okay, come together and vote for Bernie.

Hey, where are you going!?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I’m at the Bernie rally in Carson city and rumor is that de blasio is here too.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Nevada debate stuff: Bloomberg is an immediate threat to Pete, Amy, and Warren. They've got to knife him, but Bernie's free to just show naked contempt

https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/1229143290215161856?s=19
Bernie pulled no punches in this rally. It was so good. The energy in the room was crazy.

Also some anti dairy farming women were part of the sign holders behind Bernie and hijacked the mic as he was getting started. They got topless and dumped pink milk over their heads before security nabbed them. Not sure how they got that in since they wouldn’t let people in with even a water bottle.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

These _____ForPete accounts have to be some kind of long con performance art.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Cabbit posted:

Just got back from early caucus voting for Bernie. Jesus loving Christ, three hours in a line and a good 30 minutes of that was being next in line but watching people loving with iPads in confusion.
Same, except I had to tell the lady running the ipad she needed to click the line to enter a value, not the label. Pretty sure a 7 year old knows better.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

moths posted:

Are they supposed to have signatures or no signatures? I'm not a NV voter but I've somehow heard both already.
I early voted in NV and signature (as well as marking at least first through third choice) was required. I was paying attention to others around me and the staffers were ensuring that everyone was doing both. Of course, this is anecdotal.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

#NotAllBoomers

My boomer dad is on the Bernie train but he also grew up poor as gently caress caring for his younger brother under a severely alcoholic mom and no dad until his teens.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Haha Buttigiege is such a pathetic little worm.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

If this is what they think can sink Bernie then they are even more out of touch than anyone thought possible.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Calling weed “reefer” in 2020 :laffo:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I don’t understand Bloomberg or Pete’s plans at all. Bloomberg thinks he’ll beat trump without any left support at all and you’ve got a Republican saying that he’d prefer Pete to anyone else but won’t vote him anyway.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Either Bernie gets the nomination or the establishment loses too much support to continue existing. Win/win, except the second one is 4 more years of Trump.

Imagine the landslide in Trump's favor if they actually screw Bernie out of it. I think they know their power goes completely away if they do it, but they might try anyway.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

If there is a brokered convention and they gently caress the leader, it’s pretty much the end of the US.

Trump winning a second term via the complete destruction of the democrats will truly take him off whatever leash is left, and there will be no way to fix it since the senate and house will flip as well. They would definitely further cement their power when RBG dies.

We are hosed if Bernie doesn’t win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Sir Tonk posted:

trump would destroy her in a debate
Absolutely true. The only reason Bloomberg is such an easy punching bag is because the people he’s trying to appeal to aren’t already in the tank for him. Warren would likely talk about real stuff and trump would just scream Pocahontas and poo poo himself and she’d crumple.