Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Mellow Seas posted:

What the gently caress is “finger licking good” about Biden, as of now Donald Trump’s only competition, being a rapist and acting like a typical accused rapist? I swear, the absolute glee people have about poo poo like that, or about Trump eventually winning and scorching the libs, is extremely grating.

Whether you’re willing to vote for Biden or not, this is all terribly tragic stuff. The political party that looked ready to turn a corner two months ago is doubling down on all of its worse instincts, and all some people can seem to muster is a “lmao”. It really makes it seem like some people are more interested in causing pain to people they hate, or being proved “right”, than trying to salvage anything out of this mess. I get that it’s probably a coping mechanism, and it’s really just limited to a few posters, but I don’t think it’s helping the quality of discourse.

Its still April and almost half the primary states haven't even voted yet. Biden would be extremely easy to shitcan at this point and the fact that they are doubling down behind him as their guy is freaking HILARIOUS. Like Obama makes a few calls and Biden is done, it would be super easy to do. Its extremely likely they'd even get Amy or Pete at a brokered convention. Instead people would rather scold that we need to drag Joe to the finish line or else suffer Trump, and its not a message that's going to resonate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

is pepsi ok posted:

Whoa no way, you say Diddy is rich?

I dunno, seems kinda significant that the Vote or Die guy is publicly making these statements. Sorry he isn't quoting from the Red Book, but just questioning the narrative that the Democrats are the party that helps minorities puts him ahead of the vast majority of their base.

Yeah I was going to say the Vote or Die guy saying, actually nah maybe don't vote is a big deal.