Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
also people that broadly complain about the mere existence of craft beers are almost always mcnugget filled shutins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
beer is good and saisons are the best gently caress you also there are worse things to do than make beer for a living

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
sorry, I’ve run the numbers and saisons aren’t the best, they are the second worst behind goses

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i love Saigon’s and goses. it’s they are my favorite type of beer followed by pils and stuff

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
they’re still kinda good though

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

glad the people howling that ipas are icky got us juicy ipas, session ipas, american pale ales, new england ipas, probably some other crap too.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

also going to the "bar" if youre passed 30 is kinda sad, whereas going to the "brewery" is hip and cool

what if i 'pop into the pub' now and then

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hifi posted:

glad the people howling that ipas are icky got us juicy ipas, session ipas, american pale ales, new england ipas, probably some other crap too.

those are all bad too

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

what if i 'pop into the pub' now and then

:sad:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:smith:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

hifi posted:

Friend, they are all bad, hth!

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

CongoJack posted:

*I snap my fingers like thanos and half of all the craft beer brands disappear but nobody notices because there are so loving many of them and they are all so damned similar.*

That's fine just don't gently caress with the one I can walk to.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
ipas are actually good

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
craft beer really forced big beer companies in Australia (all two of them) to make decent mass produced pale ales, so there’s that at least.

too bad the only beer I want to drink in the heat is 3.5% lager

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
do frat bros actually drink craft beers? what college students are buying $12 4-packs instead of $10 30-racks??

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
one thing I really hate about the craft beer industry is how online trading and forced scarcity (like limited releases that sell out in an hour) have equated rarity with quality. no I don’t care about the russian imperial you spent 45 dollars on, its very similar to one I can buy for 3 at the liquor store.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Plank Walker posted:

do frat bros actually drink craft beers? what college students are buying $12 4-packs instead of $10 30-racks??

a frat bro is any white man between the ages of 18 and 40

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Drunkboxer posted:

one thing I really hate about the craft beer industry is how online trading and forced scarcity (like limited releases that sell out in an hour) have equated rarity with quality. no I don’t care about the russian imperial you spent 45 dollars on, its very similar to one I can buy for 3 at the liquor store.

i basically want to empty quote this like 5 times

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

taverns and pubs are centers of vice and sin, and must all be shuttered to save our families from the cursed drink

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

those are all bad too

American Pale Ales are alright though, since the good ones tone down the hops enough to the point where its not overwhelming but actually gives it a good flavor and character

I still like breweries overall since all the ones around my area are locally owned and they are great hangout spots, and sometimes they have decent food as well. They all tend to get a little samey and overly trendy though.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Plank Walker posted:

Back when I lived in a college town the fratboys went to the same fratboy bars that fratboys have gone to for like 100yrs and the grad students all flocked to the craft brewerys to avoid them.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Feldegast42 posted:

American Pale Ales are alright though, since the good ones tone down the hops enough to the point where its not overwhelming but actually gives it a good flavor and character

I still like breweries overall since all the ones around my area are locally owned and they are great hangout spots, and sometimes they have decent food as well. They all tend to get a little samey and overly trendy though.

theres one out here thats just picnic benches in the woods with a few fire pits thats pretty cool tbh. and they have poo poo like blondes that actually taste good.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

barcades for most people: a nostalgic or kitschy trip through a rose-colored lens of the Golden Age of Video Games

barcades for me: someone is waving a broken bottle at me because I did the handcuffs glitch in a money match

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

almost every goddamn craft beer i buy tastes the same, like hops filtered through an rear end

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

fabergay egg posted:

almost every goddamn craft beer i buy tastes the same, like hops filtered through an rear end

try drinking it out of a glass or cup next time. an rear end is only appropriate for certain styles

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
whats everyone having for lunch

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
for anus beer, I’d probably go with something malt forward with low carbonation. try a scotch style ale, or if the rear end in a top hat is particularly rancid, a doppelbock.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

i like drinking barley water where fungus germs have eaten on the barley and farted out alcohol and then they threw flowers in there

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm mostly drinking ciders. sometimes a glass of wine...

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

lambics are pretty good

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
austin eastciders and the bishop cider co. in dallas :hmmyes:

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I used to really be into trying out various obscure singles, but at some point they decided to make every beer taste like pinecones so now I just drink good ol' Molson Pilsner, Saskatchewan Champagne. It's affordable, it's unpretentious, it's union-made, and it's a solid 6/10 in taste. It's only skunky sometimes, and even then only when it's a little warm, and even then only when you haven't already had a few. I pity those who do not have access to Pil, the beer of the discerning working man.

Ansar Santa has issued a correction as of 23:44 on Jan 31, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like beer, but a lot of the beers that seem popular fall into the subset of beers I like the least. I particularly hate these sour ones - they're the only type of beer that are actively unpleasant to me, to the extent where I wouldn't drink it if it were sitting in front of me. IPAs are "vaguely interesting" but also kinda suck. Both of these beer types make up roughly 2/3 of the selection at the local Kroger (which actually has a pretty big selection of beers).

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Drunkboxer posted:

lol i grew up near one of the earliest modern rendition and one of the more famous craft beers in the area (russian river brewery) and they've got this false-scarcity Pliny the Younger that tourists and people come to line-up for 4 hours just to drink a pint of, it's not even good it's just "scarce" so therefore...

its real dumb

also i worked right next to lagunitas and lagunitas sucks rear end, they changed their formula awhile back and its just bad.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i hadn't crushed a big pack of cheap swill in years but i'm living next to these metalhead bartender girls in their late twenties / early thirties now who have biker friends in a sub-tier affiliate of uhh... i won't mention which one

anyways they've turned this shed into a motorcycle clinic, so i'm learning a lot about motorcycles now and drinking lots of cheap swill while listening to heavy metal music. kinda feeling like i want to punch my dad, and i like my dad

you can barely get a buzz off this stuff though. but from what i've seen from the bikers you just gotta intersperse the cheap beers with plugs straight from a whiskey bottle

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
mostly i just drink smithwicks anymore lol

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah it used to be that pretty much every bar and pub brewed one or two of their own beers, weve just found a way to go back to that while making it slightly obnoxious.

and also being stridently anti-union

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the only ethical beer to drink was anything by new belgium since they used to be worker owned.

unfortunately they decided to get bought out by a bunch of Australians, rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
beer rocks op