Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

The Muppets On PCP posted:

and also being stridently anti-union

https://www.unionplus.org/blog/union-made/union-made-beer

every can of pabst blue ribbon proudly sports the words "union made"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

I’ve been making beer/cider for around six years. I enjoy creating my own recipes and also trying to clone other good beers. Nice creative hobby, I always have something around the house and enjoy giving it away as gifts etc. Thanks for listening

Dr. Kayak Paddle has issued a correction as of 01:19 on Feb 1, 2020

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
that sounds like fun

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

also going to the "bar" if youre passed 30 is kinda sad, whereas going to the "brewery" is hip and cool

maybe if you live in like ohio or somewhere that just got their first food truck last week

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?
dropping in to say beer is good

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i like beer and wish that it didn't make me increasingly feel like poo poo as i've gotten older

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

You have been ! CURSED ! by the GHOST OF MILWAUKEE'S PAST!

Forward the phrase, "TASTES LIKE A BEER SHOULD" to ten of your followers or someone from Wisconsin will knock at your door and start talking to you about New Glarus

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Bosch posted:

this was the brand of swill i bought for the bikers

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i was obligated to drink a LOT of Yuengling in college and grad school but they union bust like mad so i'm finally free and can say "holy god it's bad from a bottle"

t-banned
Oct 15, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i like beer and wish that it didn't make me increasingly feel like poo poo as i've gotten older

sorry about your bad jeans. i'm mostly german/polish and scottish/irish so i have the thing or whatever that let's me. Beer for whoever as long as i want. nothing can stop me npow

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

i feel really lovely after i've drank hard for a week or two

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

maybe if you live in like ohio or somewhere that just got their first food truck last week

ohio actually has really great breweries and restaurants tbh. warped wing brewing company makes the best beers that i've ever tasted in my life.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Even if I like craft beer, I still think the craft beer industry in Oregon is running out of ideas (and it is progressively being bought up by InBev or straight out going out of business).

Also the “IPA” thing is humorous consider how broad of a category pale ales are at this point.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Admiral Bosch posted:

:hai:

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
i like beer

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

also going to the "bar" if youre passed 30 is kinda sad, whereas going to the "brewery" is hip and cool

in washington bars and breweries are under different sets of alcohol laws so if you go to a brewery you can enjoy the added experience of drinking around literal children.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Mr. Sharps posted:

in washington bars and breweries are under different sets of alcohol laws so if you go to a brewery you can enjoy the added experience of drinking around literal children.

Every brewery I've been to is basically just a Chili's that makes their own beer. A good neighborhood dive bar, though, now that's a treat. You can find people to hook up with who aren't your coworkers and you can roll the dice and risk food poisoning on the fajitas the dunk guy is cooking on a grill outside the bar.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Mrs. Dash posted:

Every brewery I've been to is basically just a Chili's that makes their own beer. A good neighborhood dive bar, though, now that's a treat. You can find people to hook up with who aren't your coworkers and you can roll the dice and risk food poisoning on the fajitas the dunk guy is cooking on a grill outside the bar.

harpoon makes pretty killer pretzels out of their spent grain

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
I make my own craft beer. But it's less "craft" beer, and more "cargo cult attempt at" beer.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

im_sorry posted:

I make my own craft beer. But it's less "craft" beer, and more "cargo cult attempt at" beer.

beer is complicated. one time i made ginger mead it was easy and came out very very well

took some champagne yeast, the crystallized bottom of a gallon of honey already in a #2 bottle, brewed some tea with fresh ginger and poured it in with water... shook it up every day, made sure the lid hadnt closed quite all the way. it was pretty stable temperature and cool in the corner of my room most of the time.

i was shocked tbh

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

i tried making some homebrew ginger beer with a friend once and when the process was over it was so strong the hydrometer backflipped out of the carboy and the tiniest sip cause my friend to explode leaving only his smoking boots behind.

we still bottled it and polished off the lot in less than a week though it was good as gently caress.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

this was the brand of swill i bought for the bikers

Here’s to your gently caress, Frank

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I like Miller lite.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Small business owner: yeah we have craft beer
*points to shiner bock on menu*

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Shiner Bock isn't craft beer but its still awesome

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's bizarre how texas is at the epicenter of world beer culture

anyway there's this one microbrew in the hill country called Live Oak that does czech and bavarian lagers and they're the only good brewery

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

i say swears online posted:

it's bizarre how texas is at the epicenter of world beer culture

anyway there's this one microbrew in the hill country called Live Oak that does czech and bavarian lagers and they're the only good brewery

Live Oak is fine but Adelbert's is very loving good Belgian beer and Jester King is the best pretentious beer to share with assholes who unironically use the term "terroir" and feel superior to other craft beer nerds.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

when our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terroir

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bass Concert Hall posted:

Live Oak is fine but Adelbert's is very loving good Belgian beer and Jester King is the best pretentious beer to share with assholes who unironically use the term "terroir" and feel superior to other craft beer nerds.

i've never even heard of them, ugh. the mango wit looks really good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

anyone ever have a nigerian beer? they have their own licensing for guiness, and in each of their breweries (the biggest are star and gulder) they add more malt. everything is overmalted and sweet. it's really unique and also awful

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
In Belize beer is nationalized but not really because they just banned all imports and then only let one extremely wealthy that owns all the politicians operate the nation's brewery. Their chocolate lager is very good though.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

Shiner Bock isn't craft beer but its still awesome

what? no

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Craft beer is awesome, especially sours and goses. My city has a very awesome beer scene and I love it.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Koishi Komeiji posted:

It's a rich white frat boy thing, that's why they always give their beers ironic monkey cheese names like "IPA up yo rear end" and poo poo like that. It's kind of like how baby boomers all dream of owning a vineyard when they retire. They get the seed money from their rich parents or just pool their rich people money together with their friends. Sometimes snobby gentrified apartments will have a little brewery at the complex and require you to pitch in through the lease and in return you get an allowance of beer. It's the just the latest rich people trend.
IPA up yo rear end

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Beer is the one thing my region does exceptionally well. Take that away and we're forced to tie into KY for the spirits.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Xaris posted:

I’d be legit interested if legal weed has led to a decline in alcohol consumption. idk if there’s any data on that

It's probably not. Beer consumption is going down because baby boomers and Gen Xers are getting too old/sick/dead to keep up their 12-pack of Bud Light a day habit.

ChipNDip has issued a correction as of 15:28 on Feb 12, 2020

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
baltika 9 rules but my russian neighbour is embarrassed to be seen withme when im drinking one

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

What the hell do people past 30 do then?

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Jon Do posted:

beer is complicated. one time i made ginger mead it was easy and came out very very well

took some champagne yeast, the crystallized bottom of a gallon of honey already in a #2 bottle, brewed some tea with fresh ginger and poured it in with water... shook it up every day, made sure the lid hadnt closed quite all the way. it was pretty stable temperature and cool in the corner of my room most of the time.

i was shocked tbh

I've made a couple ginger meads over the years. like, the hard way, not ghetto style. they're good but seriously you have to wait at least 2 years or they taste terrible. after a couple years though, boy howdy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

AceOfFlames posted:

What the hell do people past 30 do then?

be kinda sad