Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Since the current food discussion is going on in a number of threads why not just condense it all here.

Share your recipes and ideas of what to make for your Superbowl Parties.

Also please someone post the Wheez wing recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Here is what I am planning to bring to my parents place.

Spinach/Artichoke Dip in a Breadbowl

quote:

Ingredients
for 6 servings

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¾ cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
14 oz artichoke heart, 1 can
8 oz cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1 sourdough bread boule

Preparation

In a saucepan set over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Stir in the spinach and artichokes.
Mix in the cream cheese, sour cream, ½ of the mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir until combined and cheese has melted.

Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Remove the top of the sourdough boule. Cut around the inside of the bread, being careful not to cut through the sides, and scoop out the center of the boule.

Cut the scooped out bread into cubes, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Vertically slice into the edges of the bread bowl, cutting all the way through the bottom, leaving 1 inch (2 cm) of space between each. Place onto a baking sheet next to the cubed bread.
Spoon the spinach artichoke mixture into the sliced and hollowed bread bowl. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella along the edges of the top of the filled bread bowl.
Drizzle the cubed bread pieces with the remaining tablespoon of of olive oil. Place the sliced top back onto the bowl.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Buddy of mine is having a potluck/Puppy Bowl/beer exchange/Super Bowl party like he does every year and it's gonna be loving dope like it is every year. Bringing baked mac and cheese and a hangover to kill.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm most likely watching this game by myself at home, so I'm debating whether to smoke or deep fry some wings.

EDIT: I may try making some Detroit style pizza.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 31, 2020

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Here is Wheez's cookbook:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RFMhkmL0lTYk04SkNmRlREcGc/view

Make some poo poo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was told to post smoked (modified) heroin wings recipe here:

6 pounds Chicken wings
1 1/2 cup grated parmesean
3 tbsp dried parsley
1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp bourbon smoked paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper
1 to 1 1/2 tsp cayenne
a bunch of melted butter (for tossing wings prior to putting into mixture)

Put into mixture & smoke (I use hickory chunks)

I have an offset barrel smoker that I keep at 225-250 for about ~1:40 minutes. Then I blast that motherfucker up to like 300+ for 10 minutes to crisp the wings up at the end.

Here are the ones I made last year. The timing was off and people showed up so I didn't get to blast them, but they still came out great. Because of that I also didn't get a chance to do a glamour shot, but here's a hastily done one from last year

No I don't know why they're called heroin wings, I just know that's what the recipe I started with is called.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 31, 2020

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Couple random recipes I’ve churned out over the years (some of which may have come from here):

Oven-Baked Korean Wings

==WINGS==
4 lbs wings
2 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp grated garlic
1 tbsp grated ginger
Salt and pepper

==SAUCE==
1/2 C gochujang
6 tbsp cider vinegar
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sesame oil

Mix chicken ingredients and refrigerate for 4 hours. Bake at 500 for 20 minutes, and finish for another 10 under the broiler, turning partway through. Whisk sauce ingredients together, then drizzle over wings in a mixing bowl and toss.

Alabama Fire Crackers

1 2/3 C vegetable oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 (1oz) envelopes ranch dressing mix
3 tbs crushed red pepper flakes
1 (16.5 oz) package saltines

Place all ingredients except crackers into a 2 gallon ziploc bag, seal, and smoosh to mix thoroughly. Place the crackers into the bag, seal, and turn over to coat the crackers; let sit for an hour and repeat, then continue this process several times. Allow the bag to sit overnight, then remove the crackers and serve.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Eifert Posting lamented about not having decant Italians within 100 miles near him to make cannoli, so lo & behold this showed up in my YouTube recommended feed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7pac8oltMo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Android Apocalypse posted:

Eifert Posting lamented about not having decant Italians within 100 miles near him to make cannoli, so lo & behold this showed up in my YouTube recommended feed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7pac8oltMo

does he talk like that the entire video lmao

and i guess since i posted in here to be mean about a nerds voice i should say i am making this

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-square-pan-pizza-dough-recipe-sicilian-recipe.html

doing it no knead cause i cbf picking up my stand mixer, going to do a hella simple sauce and throw a bunch of cheese and some italian sausage on top. its a very easy way to make a large amount of delicious pizza, might even just straight up enjoy it more than the actual stretched and pizza stone'd pies ive made

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Chef John def has an odd vocal inflection. I like to call it the Masculine Valley Girl (Valley Guy?).

I think I'll start my pizza dough tonight, as I'll be busy Saturday.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I couldn't stop laughing the first time I watched a food wishes video

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Thaddius the Large posted:

Couple random recipes I’ve churned out over the years (some of which may have come from here):

Oven-Baked Korean Wings
On a scale from Taco Bell hot sauce to Samyang X2 spicy ramen, how hot are these wings?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

CannonFodder posted:

On a scale from Taco Bell hot sauce to Samyang X2 spicy ramen, how hot are these wings?

It’s not a very popping heat, it’s quite tempered by the honey, so it comes out as more of a low, velvety warmth. Still definitely a little bite to it, but my ex was pretty sensitive to spicy stuff and she liked it well enough. Not sure if that helps?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Thaddius the Large posted:

It’s not a very popping heat, it’s quite tempered by the honey, so it comes out as more of a low, velvety warmth. Still definitely a little bite to it, but my ex was pretty sensitive to spicy stuff and she liked it well enough. Not sure if that helps?
Thanks, sounds like a good heat profile.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

put a flour tortilla on a sheet pan. sprinkle some cheese on it. broil it until the edges of the tortilla turn brown but aren't burned and the cheese is bubbling and brown. congrats, you made arizona's state dish, the cheese crisp. bon appetit

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's just my wife and I chilling at home so I'm making some pretty basic hummus and Rotel dip for us to pick away at. Gonna make portobello cheesesteaks for dinner though. Take a couple of portobello caps and slice them into long thin strips (remove the gills first if you want), and cook them in a pan on med-hi for ~5 minutes. Take them out and cook some diced bell pepper and onion for the same time. Put the mushrooms back in and add 1 Tbsp soy sauce + 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce until the liquid is mostly absorbed. Turn the heat low and layer some slices of cheese over top and cook until it melts. Divide into buns and eat.

This is good poo poo, thank you.

E: gently caress I've never actually read the parts written by his family and I'm tearing up a little :smith:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 2, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
From last year since Im not at a party this year

Layers from top:

1. Cheddar + bleu cheese crumbles, green onion
2. Mix of shredded chicken, cheddar, bleu cheese dressing, Franks Red Hot
3. Cream Cheese

Was all gone by halftime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Deep fried chicken wings glazed with gojuchang, fish & soy sauce, Detroit-style pizza, pork & shrimp lumpia.