Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

I'm probably not going to die from it but the tory voter base is.

Shame about everyone else, though.

Pray it doesn't get loose in the HoP or we're going to be having a lot of by-elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Does that not mean you've got... like... 5km long suspension cables?

For reference the entire golden gate bridge is 1.6km long...

The largest single span bridge in the world is apparently in japan, suspension, and is 2km wide across the center span.

As opposed to.... like 15km?

That's a bridge literally an order of magnitude larger than anything else built in the world.

Need to do something to keep people employed post-Brexit.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

CoolCab posted:

is this like the gold standard but with the queen

M Bison Pounds the Queen?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

I hope one day the algorithm can just generate birthdays.

In the future after the world has drowned the flickering remnants of Facebook will be populated by algorithmically generated profiles continuing the eternal war between trolls, bots and memecats.

Alien archaeologists will debate on whether this represents the uploaded consciousness of humanity.

Edit - This sounds like an Eclipse Phase exoplanet scenario.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

thespaceinvader posted:

...unless something catastrophic happens to the Tories and the media establishment...

Like coronavirus?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

thespaceinvader posted:

No, something catastrophic, not them all getting flu.

A flu which is quite selectively fatal to the elderly and those with some pretty common co-morbidities. All it takes is for one poor sod to return from a holiday with a sniffle to start it all off.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Edit: 127 days to the coronavirus apocalypse.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Feb 27, 2020

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

A message to all, for the benefit of our resident fudge packer: apparently Etsy are charging an advertising fee to vendors if the buyer has clicked on any Etsy ad in the last 30 days regardless of what the ad was for. So don't click on Etsy ads, ever, or you're screwing the person you want to buy from.

Everyone should be running adblockers as standard these days anyway.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm wondering whether we will even be able to remortgage when our current fixed rate expires, we were both working full time when we got it, and I'll be working part-time and she'll be self-employed by then. We can still trivially afford repayments, and the value of the house has dramatically increased, so I guess we'll see as and when the mortgage comes up.

I've been more or less ignoring it for a while, but I suspect I'm going to have to actually think about it before the interest rates skyrocket because of Brexit.

I serially remortgaged with the same company (RBS) and never once was I asked about my job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lungboy posted:

I'm fully expecting her to take him to the cleaners in short order.

If Boris divorces again does she get to keep half of No 10?