Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I also pronounce it joe-say if it doesn't have the accent on it.

Really if that's the case you should say it so it rhymes with rose or nose.

Forums moderator Joes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*sighs* into the sea with you

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Don't worry mate at least it's not his daughter

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/04/camerons-bodyguard-suspended-for-leaving-gun-in-plane-toilet

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If the wind's strong enough you might get to see the village anyway.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

What happened with Molly Scott Cato?

She really loving hates Labour.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah don't hire communism bitch he'll just steal your wife like he did at this job.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crispix posted:

Give me the job, I have no interest in wives.

Yes but we know what you get up to when jogging so that's also a pass.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I admit I'm not particularly invested in Scotland's domestic affairs but that is some pro fuckery.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Still think Scottish Widows is a weird name for a bank.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Just think Welsh widows get a raw deal is all

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Burgon ends up accidentally sexting the 16 year old and has to resign mid-invasion.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kassad posted:

Why is the Prime Minister's dad meeting foreign ambassadors, again?

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1200127836608221184

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lloyd's horse always made me assume they were saying their investments are a dark horse.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

One less and it'd be a ballbreakers.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

Mohamed Al-Fayed

He's just Mohamed Fayed. Him and his brothers did that dumb game of adding al to their name to sound important in the 70s but only he still does it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JJ posts good takes on social issues that she's knowledgeable about but as someone who basically stumbled into worldwide fame she's not a PhD in social studies

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

You can just stop after Thornberry yaknow

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Write in Lenin for third then

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

I would clarify that "doesn't have a PhD in social studies" doesn't give someone a free pass for spouting liberals bollocks. I don't even have an HND and can manage to not do it.

She spent her teenage years with a severe eating disorder which would have affected her ability to learn and retain information during that time before she ended up diving into full time modelling and acting. I'm not going to ignore her making bad takes but I'm more willing to give her a pass given that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Z the IVth posted:

Pray it doesn't get loose in the HoP or we're going to be having a lot of by-elections.

Didn't know our MPs spent so much time in the House of Pancakes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

so far at least it seems considerably less contagious than the flu.

Initial estimates are it being an order of magnitude more contagious, it's just that the efforts to mitigate contagion have been effective. Obviously it's hard to tell mid-epidemic.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Put your hands where I can see them!

*man at gunpoint coughs without covering his mouth*

HE'S TRYING TO SPREAD IT TO US *gunshots ring out*

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I prefer them to most ales.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Collateral posted:

Do you guys know where I could get hold of a Red Army surplus overcoat or preferably a greatcoat? I am only coming up with Bulgarian ones.

Maybe something suitable here? https://www.sovietmilitarystuff.com/soviet-uniforms/russian-coats

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Miftan posted:

Is the 'y' pronouced like an 'a' in english? So like 'camra'?

the kum in kumquat and then ree which rhymes with lee or pee or see

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh Cymry not Cymru, so I gues Kumru

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Okay the thread seems to be a lot more volatile than I expected when I peeked in earlier.

Trin Tragula posted:

Lord Ashcroft has released his assessment of what went wrong for Labour at the election.

The focus groups were held last month in Bolsover, Bridgend, Burnley, Don Valley, Scunthorpe, Sedgefield, Stoke-on-Trent North, West Bromwich East and Wrexham.

There's a lot of interesting information in this but it's always a bit whiffy when a Tory peer goes "this is why Labour need to change."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Trin Tragula posted:

I mean, if there's someone else out there doing large-scale research and trying to find out what's happened, by all means, let's hear what they have to say...

Absolutely, I'd just take the raw data and not any of his personal interpretations. I don't believe he's misrepresenting the data.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Saith posted:

I just found out my great uncle Ron (who was in his 90s, was in the merchant navy and taught me piano) died on the 29th December.

Condolences mate.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

[extremely Bharat accent] the English owe many countries for their crimes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Comrade Fakename posted:

Well, really I meant why isn't it bigger news in here.

I mean I've been lmaoing about it but I've currently become incredibly obsessed with the SA reddit thread where I cannot stop reading about oblivious idiots coming to the internet for validation only to be called a shithead.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

For those not in the know, Jorty Peepers is on the VERY MANLY meat-only diet, and red meat at that. This means he's extremely susceptible to allergic reactions if he accidentally takes in anything other than red meat, and naturally a diet of only red meat isn't giving the body all the nutrients it needs.

Jorty boy decided to solve this by taking benzos, and then became addicted to them and ended up having to go to rehab.

His daughter (also on the dumb meat diet) was sick of doctors diagnosing him with an addiction and malnutrition, so she flies him over to Russia where a bunch of Very Respectable Doctors agree that da, problem not painkillers, problem is giant brain, so they inject him with a bunch of stuff that put him in a coma in the ICU and when he came out of it was permanently brain damaged and unable to move or talk.

12 Rules for Life

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly it's an interesting concept to me because I absolutely find the situation Peterson has ended up in funny.

That doesn't mean I enjoy his suffering, although I understand why you would think that. It's more that his own toxic worldview led him down a path that exposed him to the consequences of that toxic worldview.

As a, likely terrible, analogy, if someone was arrogantly bragging about how great they are at skateboarding, and telling people off for warning them about their dangerous plans for sliding down a railing, I think it's perfectly normal to, as a first response, laugh when they lose the board and land balls-first on the railing and slide down while high-pitched screaming.

When they subsequently, perhaps due to the previous ball-induced pain, come off the railing and land head first, killing them... yes, absolutely that's not what you wanted to happen.

But c'mon, them accidentally pain-screaming ave maria was hilarious for those initial 10 seconds.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I got my SO nothing this valentine's day because they do not exist. Eat poo poo sexhavers.

:whitewater:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

It's admin for the education programme for the local Crisis centre, so I'm pretty :)

Oh yeah congrats.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lungboy posted:

We still use EU channels at airports until Jan 1st so that chap is just a twat.

Someone in the replies suggested that he (stupidly) went to the non-EU queue because WE'RE NO LONGER IN THE EU.

Colleague today was specifically talking about this kind of thing happening at the airport this week, where he was like "should I use the non-EU queue, due to, you know" to the staff and they smiled and said he has a year left before he has to worry about that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Richard Branson should do a counter livestream where he justs rants about what a dick that guy is. Might make me briefly not hate him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Laosagna cat

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Love to have a normal government

Check out alt-right hbomberguy there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

alice reveal yourself bijch https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1229479603615432704