Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lmao it was China all along

gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

where's my fuckin paycheck, Vladimir?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Runcible Cat posted:

where's my fuckin paycheck, Vladimir?

pfft. i spread russian disinformation for the love of it

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
she's definitely dead tho

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Even when it was the vile online trolls I knew it was chinese disinformation

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
President Xi please send elite posting crews, my people have poo poo craic

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Can we all please move past this and let Catherine rest in peace?

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
My whole experience with the whole conspiracy was initially “hope things are ok there, probably something up with her” and then after the photoshop thing came out it was just memeing because of how stupid that whole thing was and the response to it.

Cancer is crap, but if you are going to put out photoshopped images of someone who hasn’t been seen for three months you kinda are asking for people to go crazy on this stuff.

it’s clear they need someone in PR who knows how things work now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
obviously they don't, because they can do whatever they like and the loyal british media will do their best to cover for them. consequences are for peasants.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The express has already put out 3 stories about how this is all harry and Meghan's fault, how they haven't put out a statement showing how little they care, how the statement they put out showed they were trying to make it all about them.

At times like this I think of that The Thick Of It ep where they U-turned like 3 times and their journo contact printed it every time and it was getting increasingly silly when they contradicted themselves again another 2 hours later. Truth doesn't matter there is only spin.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ah yes

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1772191935978991893?t=yidj1_WA-JOMqM8-vN6p5w&s=19

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
there is no such thing as ideology

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
their dogmatic ideology vs our pragmatic political stance

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Society is fake bullshit made up by communist libtards, vote Labour.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

What's wrong with ideology? Is it so bad to have a framework to make decisions and build policy around?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I think it’s wonderful when international collaboration works. we could stand to learn a thing or two from their example

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Telluric Whistler posted:

What's wrong with ideology? Is it so bad to have a framework to make decisions and build policy around?

yes, because the main reason they want to be in politics is to insert themselves somewhere in a decision making role which means they can get bribes, and ideology would preclude that

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

completely buckbroken party

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i have a morbid fascination with how reeves will be as chancellor, she has the charisma of May, the economics of Truss and morality of Johnson

I know her mates in the media, keep calling her brilliant, but these are also the same people that called kawasi kwarteng a child prodigy, because he won a bunch of essay awards at a posh school

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it. Look up at the sky, at the dark shapes of Coalition airships hanging there. Ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism? And then answer: no. God is in his heaven. Everything is normal on Earth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

They're total ghouls who forget that we're just out of a pandemic

https://twitter.com/Smyth_Chris/status/1771994225413968077?t=rUOVwXh4EqmCQffhtuknfQ&s=19

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

What's wrong with ideology?

It's politics of envy

It's party of protest, not of government

It's woke

It's Jeremy Corbyn

It's that thing where you put a USB stick in but it's the wrong way around, but when you turn it around it's somehow still the wrong way??

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I’m neither russia nor china

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jose posted:

They're total ghouls who forget that we're just out of a pandemic

https://twitter.com/Smyth_Chris/status/1771994225413968077?t=rUOVwXh4EqmCQffhtuknfQ&s=19

Lol at out of a pandemic. Last company Christmas party took out more of my colleagues than any other event in the last 5 years. No idea why people would be sick though

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i am harry posted:

I’m neither russia nor china

hello iran

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Iran, Russia, and China all do have good historical precedent for bringing down royal families if you think about it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

genericnick posted:

Lol at out of a pandemic. Last company Christmas party took out more of my colleagues than any other event in the last 5 years. No idea why people would be sick though

skill issue. i've never had it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ideology implies that you have some kind of principles beyond gently caress you got mine and that's a big no-no

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

crepeface posted:

hello iran

hello!
Woops better be careful with my words don’t want sir keith stammer to charge me with terrorism

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jel Shaker posted:

i have a morbid fascination with how reeves will be as chancellor, she has the charisma of May, the economics of Truss and morality of Johnson

I know her mates in the media, keep calling her brilliant, but these are also the same people that called kawasi kwarteng a child prodigy, because he won a bunch of essay awards at a posh school

I liked what the ex-trader guy was saying about people with economics degrees: the ones who go on to be economists are poo poo by definition, because all the actual talented people who study economics go into investment banking.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ideology requires ideas

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pistol_Pete posted:

I liked what the ex-trader guy was saying about people with economics degrees: the ones who go on to be economists are poo poo by definition, because all the actual talented people who study economics go into investment banking.

that seems to just be cynicism for cynicisms sake though, running a countries budget is not the same as maximizing ones own bank account. Or it shouldn't be. So why would investment bankers make good Chancellors? I think that guy was just trying to big up his investor mates

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
People with western economic degrees are not suited for public work to begin with on account of them being tought wrong, as a joke.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Shogi posted:

President Xi please send elite posting crews, my people have poo poo craic

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

What a piece of poo poo lol

https://twitter.com/emmadentcoad/status/1772407252013514994?t=32j3FeDY6DyM9h-FVnQVcg&s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He had an extremely normal one last night

https://twitter.com/DefMasks/status/1772524847404662914?t=-gUCrTrB3FcesJGhc8C5kQ&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Imagine an alternate timeline where Stoya went to Athens, and still didn't gently caress Paul Mason.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

stoya come to kilburn

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

things like this and you see the mask slip on what is intended for the non-jewish inhabitants of Israel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
if someone equates anti-Zionism with anti-semitism then replace it with criticism of Likud.

I think we should more lean towards that.

Anyway, theoretical discussion, if we were in the EU do you think Starmer Labour would still be in S&D or you think they would join EPP/ECR?