Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
"I won't post the transcript as it libels me" surely it's not libel due to the fact that it's a transcript? am I going insane??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I guess it makes sense if he considers his own words as slanderous

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I remember ages ago my dad gave me postcapitalism the book Mason wrote and I read a bit of it before saying he seemed stupid
which I worried was just an excuse to not continue reading it but i have been vindicated more than I could imagine, what a clown, one of the biggest losers in UK politics which is really saying something

If it wasn't for his terrible opinions, self regard and loser stink he coulda just continued being the leftmost person centrists would read

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Starbucks posted:

if someone equates anti-Zionism with anti-semitism then replace it with criticism of Likud.

I think we should more lean towards that.

Anyway, theoretical discussion, if we were in the EU do you think Starmer Labour would still be in S&D or you think they would join EPP/ECR?

100% S&D because that's the pasokified melt faction

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol what a poo poo country we live in

https://twitter.com/NicholasPegg/status/1772918533011214368?t=vdv4V-IK8fgqWD4ODw9jVw&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
They've had to stop the boat racers jumping in the river because of woke (raw sewage).

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"feces infested water" becoming an everyday occurence is something you expect from a warzone, not a developed country
where's that vyelkin post about the slow collapse of civilization

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i think feaces infested rivers are good actually and rishi now has my vote

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
For too long have EU regulations held us back from infesting our waters with faeces

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
It amazes me that anyone can look at the state of this country and truly believe that what we need is more market fundamentalism

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well it gets the politicians implementing it paid and thats all they care about

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Can't have poo poo tomatoes without shitwater

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Please respect our brown and pleasant land

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the country is really turning into that poo poo map that the met office foisted upon us all those years ago

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
a shitwater moat worked for Camelot, it will work for England

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Stop the boats! (with poop)

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Betjeman posted:

It amazes me that anyone can look at the state of this country and truly believe that what we need is more market fundamentalism

My dad FaceTimed me last Sunday to tell me alllll about the joker Tory party and how they lost his vote (which they had every five years for his whole adult life), and is now going all in on Reform.

I read their manifesto pledges that afternoon and, well, lol.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

My dad FaceTimed me last Sunday to tell me alllll about the joker Tory party and how they lost his vote (which they had every five years for his whole adult life), and is now going all in on Reform.

I read their manifesto pledges that afternoon and, well, lol.

And what happened? Is he going even more all in? I've no idea what their pledges are

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a british political party. it is safe to assume they are promising to make everything worse.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

IIRC reform is UKIP 2.0 but with more racism, somehow

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

They seem to have a very small but vocal presence online. Could be Aaron Banks up to his old tricks (sue me) or could be the usual meming.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

quote:

Starmer says councils face an “appalling situation”.

He says he does not want to pay party politics with this. Councils under the control of all parties are under pressure.

He says three-year funding plans for councils, instead of one-year ones, would help.

But he says he cannot pretend that Labour can just turn funding taps on.

Magic money tree now magic money spigot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

can't wait to see what psychos the tories have in charge in 2029 when they win that election

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
You're the leader of a political party you useless oval office, party politics is your job

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Jose posted:

can't wait to see what psychos the tories have in charge in 2029 when they win that election

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Is PM farage or gove more inevitable?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gove is too much of a weird freak imo

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Communist Thoughts posted:

Is PM farage or gove more inevitable?

Neither

The right wing freaks have got a stranglehold on a particular section of the country but can't get a majority

Rishi Sunak has been doing nothing but cater to them and is gonna get smashed

Reform will get a big block vote at this election a la 2015 and scare the poo poo out of all the major parties tho. But the Tories need to reboot like they did after '97

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It'll be PM Gullis.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If keir could come to my house, look me dead in the eye and tell me with absolute sincerity that when elected he will personally make it so that wes streeting can never be prime minister I would consider voting for him

I wouldn't vote for him, but I would consider it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wes steering is also too much of a weird freak to be pm

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is an extremely good wrestling gimmick

https://x.com/SashoTodorov1/status/1773145496246243534?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

They're so loving useless

https://twitter.com/SkyPoliticsHub/status/1773440451485266140?t=aOFDftVbrchO77puJNxXmg&s=19

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

parliament could pass a law making nationalization free

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they could let them go bust and just take it over and 0 cost to anyone except the people who've saddled the company with debt and instead are telling us its a waste of time

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Don't have time to nationalise anything, too busy staring at a graph to see if growth is happening

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

They need a bigger, spikier, dildo for Ofwat in order to stop shareholder shenanigans and then nationalise it.

Another Thatcher and Lawson bunch of fuckery

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Don't have the time or the money? It's literally what you're for you clueless loving idiots. Holy poo poo I hate labour.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Scottish water is nationalised and they still dump poo poo and sewage into it.
Mainly they need to stop people doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Shoot an executive every time poo poo gets into the water supply. It would't solve anything but would be satisfying.