Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Cor I fancy tucking into a jacket potato with cheddar and tuna mayo but it's too late for that kind of nosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Valko posted:

neither you or the tweet you posted mentioned anything about the sauce bottle

look up taco sauce, lol

it's MAYO based??? :cripes:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That last page was disgusting. And my monitor was on!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

chilli con carne on a baked potato with cheese is delish, even better in a canteen when you get a side of chips too

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

who said anything about that Spanish muck!?!!

this is proper British baked beans

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

are you lot more into baked beans on toast with cheese or baked beans on cheese on toast?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Jel Shaker posted:

chilli con carne on a baked potato with cheese is delish, even better in a canteen when you get a side of chips too

it's worse than i thought, theyve run out of plates and are eating out of canteens now...

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Communist Thoughts posted:

are you lot more into baked beans on toast with cheese or baked beans on cheese on toast?

glad you get it, even BBC Food does today:

and they often flirt with unacceptably foreign rubbish

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 02:01 on Apr 16, 2024

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I made the mistake of ordering a baked potato in the states once and they asked “cheese?” and I said “yes please” and they pumped two huge loads of that godawful cheese-coloured sauce liquid all over it 🤮

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

Oh man I posted this because I had an argument with my fiance about the correct placement of the cheese in relation to the beans and toast and I just now walked in on her eating beans on cheese on toast with cheese "to prevent having this argument with you"

Well needless to say this has not prevented me arguing

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Just be careful not to eat too many baked potatoes, or you might run over your own head.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

bedpan posted:

they are serving raw potatoes in the video

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

This is interesting:

https://twitter.com/I_amMukhtar/status/1780206365337628780

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
those fools. don't evict them, lock them in and then seal all exits with concrete!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

those fools. don't evict them, lock them in and then seal all exits with concrete!

Pave over Brussels :hmmyes:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/TIME/status/1780210783462322378

:bernin:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Isn't that the opposite of what you'd want? Don't let them leave imo

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
you know it smell like beans and potato in there

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol why does neoliberalism hate tobacco so much

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
They tell themselves they're the good guys but also they refuse to make anybody's life better in a positive way, so all that's left is banning things.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
At least it's better timing than when they raised the age from 16 to 18 while I was 17. That was an incredibly irritating year.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you don’t get to lower your lifespan - that’s the economy’s job

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Everyone getting lung cancer is expensive to deal with

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Everyone hates tobacco and they're right to do so :colbert:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Smoking looks cool you loving nerds.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

HELL yeah :haibrower:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you make life really miserable so people increasingly seek any vice they can, then you ban the vice but don't make life any better. This is society. Number go up.

also if you actually wanted to tackle UK specific issues you'd be trying to get people to drink less but that's a whole other can of worms

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Amazing how many tories are coming out of the woodwork to promote the proud british spirit of anarchy

Bet this'll change as soon as a freedom they don't want pops its head around

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The shifting age smoking ban is stupid because it's basically unenforceable. Either ban it or don't, this proposed law is dumb.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

keep punching joe posted:

The shifting age smoking ban is stupid because it's basically unenforceable. Either ban it or don't, this proposed law is dumb.

If people buy their first cigarette at the age of 45 I don't really care if the law has been broken. I doubt it'll happen a lot, so a diminished population of smokers will still be the result. This law might help prevent people getting hooked on cigs at an earlier age though (when IDing is more likely) in which case it is Good.

I'm also in favour of an outright ban but that's just politically impossible so I'd rather we just take what we can get

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

getting off the tube at waterloo today and there was a huddle of smokers under the doorway sheltering from the rain, but facing inwards and blowing smoke directly into the building onto people coming through the ticket barriers

ban imo

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wasson shaggers, just want to do a quick fundraising and awareness post about the UKMT Solidarity Fund.

For those who don't know, the UKMT Solidarity Fund is a fund started, managed, and for the benefit of UKMT goons in need of funds for emergencies. In the past we've helped goons pay for prescriptions, groceries, rent, among others things. It is entirely funded by kind donations from UKMT posters and lurkers, which I figure is probably what most people in this thread are too.

If you are someone that is in need, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

If you have a few quid spare this month, please consider donating by Bank Transfer (we are working on becoming a registered charity, at which point other methods will be available):
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details (or PM me on here but preferably on Discord: "_tommys")

Apply:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeD5Ei7tmJlgpsfm8CqM9Z5vPsYwSgUQ_xcavgx0zfmZbKOzA/viewform
Email:
solidarity@ukmt.fund
PM: AceClown, Captain Fargle, Chubby Henparty, Maugrim, or The DPRK.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It's a cowardly law, does something on the surface good but doesn't impact the old bastards that vote for them. Just ban it, I'm sure there is public support.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

keep punching joe posted:

How is it any more difficult to enforce than the current one? The age just goes up every year.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

yeah it’s very enforceable and also a great way to justify stop and search

still a good thing, but a straight ban would be better even if everyone knew a gran who smoked a pack every day for her entire life and then died immediately the day after quitting

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Oi you got a license for those fags mate

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

steppin outside to smoke a fag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Jel Shaker posted:

yeah it’s very enforceable and also a great way to justify stop and search

still a good thing, but a straight ban would be better even if everyone knew a gran who smoked a pack every day for her entire life and then died immediately the day after quitting

It's still not illegal for underage people to buy or smoke cigarettes.