Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

may I see the wündersexarse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Quotey posted:

time has made his features drift in your head, but don't worry, i've got you. Presenting David Morgan-Hewitt, Managing Director of the Goring Hotel.

God, what a specimen. No idea how he makes it out of his shipping container.

i wonder if he takes his potato and beans with cheese

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Fleetwood posted:

i wonder if he takes his potato and beans with cheese

Just the one?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

that guy would love bean and cheese tacos

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It looks like a lot of people who were not born or ever been to Africa are gonna go to Rwanda.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Direct action now required to stop these flights.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SirPOO1939/status/1782341644098097653?t=1Gc3JuhpsYZmaHe9u1iVug&s=19

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

keep punching joe posted:

Direct action now required to stop these flights.

I am pretty sure some civil disobedience is going to occur on the runway tbh, I still can't see a flight taking off for this pointless purity test policy.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is it now just military flying them down there?

also i think the eu are looking at doing the same thing 🤦🏽

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
good news, Rishi is going to put defense spending on a WAR footing, including maybe paying factories to actually make things:

quote:

Sunak says defence spending in UK will be put on 'war footing'
Sunak says he has three priorities for defence spending.

First, he says defence spending in the UK will be put “on a war footing’.

One of the central lessons of the war in Ukraine is that we need deeper stockpiles of munitions and for industry to be able to replenish them more quickly.
So today we’re giving them £10bn pounds in munitions support to give industry long-term funding certainty, backed by long-term contracts, so that they can produce more, be ready to surge capacity, and to move to always-on production when required.

...allegedly

this will surely protect the british freedoms and way of life from the perfidious rus.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

All of Europe should be rearming, they're asking for a fight

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

I think I'm alright with Europe not rearming, on balance.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

the less armed the western barbarian nations become the better

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Can we have some of that money for clean water, and food for kids? 🥹

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Microplastics posted:

Go directly to jail.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Sounds like you hate Britain snowflake

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
I hear Labour is transphobic now and Stonewall is endorsing the Cass Report? Lmao forever at the hellpit of Britain.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Puppy Burner posted:

I hear Labour is transphobic now

alwayshasbeen.png

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What about the Mama Cass report and the doctor chokes on a sandwich

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Microplastics posted:

lol'd and snorted

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

good news, Rishi is going to put defense spending on a WAR footing, including maybe paying factories to actually make things:

...allegedly

this will surely protect the british freedoms and way of life from the perfidious rus.

we are going to increase our shell production by 25% by coaxing back one of the four bespoke shell painters who went on early retirement

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
putting every innovative financial product we’ve got on a motherfuckin WAR footing

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Reichsautobombs

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

...allegedly

I hate when they do things that sound like a good idea, but you know are just ways of draining the coffers to their mates.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Love the idea of money for more weapons. I loving love bombs. Just wish they were doing it out of a pure desire for war

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I like the implication that all you need to provide war materials is more money. No need for state run factories, a coherent industrial strategy, protected industries or plentiful numbers of well-paid, professionally qualified workers: just move some figures around on an Excel spreadsheet and order 1,000 new tanks through Amazon Prime, for next day delivery.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pistol_Pete posted:

I like the implication that all you need to provide war materials is more money. No need for state run factories, a coherent industrial strategy, protected industries or plentiful numbers of well-paid, professionally qualified workers: just move some figures around on an Excel spreadsheet and order 1,000 new tanks through Amazon Prime, for next day delivery.

its incredibly funny when neolibs cry foul of china's industrial subsidies because they can't admit its extremely effective for the relative chump change spread on a long term basis

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
If we produced stuff, then it would be fine to get that whole military industrial complex going. I would prefer it be something like housing, research, energy, infrastructure, technology etc.

The problem is what we do is limited.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
I’ve recently been commissioned by parliament to go outside to forage for some sticks and sharpen the hell out of them. 20 million quid contract. Not bad!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
15:17
What we know about this morning's horse drama

Central London has now quietened down following this morning's scenes. Here's what we know so far:

Four people have been taken to hospital after five runaway horses raced through central London
Noise from a building site in Belgravia startled the horses and caused them to bolt, unseating the riders
The horses are "working horses" and belong to the Household Cavalry - they were preparing to be inspected ahead of reheasals for the King's birthday parade, which is due to take place in June
The horses collided with traffic in several locations and some ran as far as Limehouse in east London
All five horses now have been recovered, but we are still waiting for more information on their condition and the condition of the four injured people

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Limehouse? Bugger I had a tenner they would get as far as Stratford.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
lol snp

and lol at the rest of us because the most leftward party in the UK can't be arsed to stick to climate targets that weren't anywhere close to enough

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's all hosed. I will vote green as usual. My constituency is almost certain to go SNP again. Scotland is in a weird place politically with a decadent latter day SNP and a feeble Scotlab beholden to the main party. Hopefully the Tories get wiped out everywhere, though maybe they'll cling on with the oil cunts in Aberdeenshire and the basically English borders though.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
The Tory election tactic is pretty obvious - destroy the economy of the country (done), sow mass dissent (mostly failing but persistent) and now apparently get bodied by Iran to gently caress over any chance Labour have of doing anything worthwhile, even by accident.

I hope they're removed as a force in politics for the rest of my life.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Same but in a more aggressive way I'm not allowed to say

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
Same, but in an even more aggressive way.

Uncomfortably so.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Same, but in a way so aggressive that I am actually allowed to say it because it's so comically extreme

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Same but said with an angry voice then I spit on my own floor.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
And yet I nick a mars bar and I'm the criminal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I hope they live long and healthy lives in some kind of hypothetical good version of britain. in a more possible world, I long for 🧵 🧵 🧵