Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://vxtwitter.com/UKLabour/status/1783608207069343833

Lmao. Wes looking as vat grown as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the welsh have their finger on the pulse

https://twitter.com/Nick_Dampier1/status/1783652067095003370

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/posting_forever/status/1783837233449140316?t=OsTD06mV6YXayFh8wqMIIQ&s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Liz was hosed up for not retiring and letting Charles be King. He’s going to die before the end of the year.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Who's the next one after sausage fingers? The bald guy?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Casey Finnigan posted:

Who's the next one after sausage fingers? The bald guy?

Yep, King Wills the Pegged is next up.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
He's gonna make you guys all shave your heads male-pattern style like they did in old-timey Japan

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Grauniad posted:

King Charles, who is being treated for an undisclosed (butt — Ed) cancer, is to return to public duties, with doctors pleased and “very encouraged” by his progress and “positive” about his continued recovery, Buckingham Palace has said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/26/king-charles-to-return-to-public-duties-while-continuing-cancer-treatment

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The King is in good health, very high spirits, second most powerful king in the world.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Re: the Rwanda scheme:

BBC posted:

According to the Guardian, officials plan to hold up asylum seekers who turn up for routine meetings at immigration service offices and will also pick people up nationwide in a major two-week exercise.

I feel like the first draft of that sentence included the expression "round up" rather than "hold up"

it fits and flows a lot better

e: To clarify, this is about choosing the people to deport to Rwanda.

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 09:46 on Apr 29, 2024

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

pointing at seagulls and declaring “deported” to rapturous applause

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Just grabbing people randomly out of the offices where they're requesting asylum is a comically evil policy.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The fascism is intended

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
It's also pretty clearly going to stop people from turning up to their scheduled meetings also giving a nice excuse to deport them immediately.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Got a tory leaflet through the door. Not a single mention of "conservative" except in the contacts. I live in a super safe tory constituency (who lost control of the district council last year)

I hope they chase the BNP vote into the sea

E: It hasn't gone unnoticed how badly they've handled local issues. After agreeing to expand the second largest town in the consituency to become the largest town, they force purchased most of the high street and closed the library, theatre, and community centre in order to redevelop it, before they secured funding for regeneration. Which they didn't get. So they basically killed an entire town while committing it to an extra 4,000 houses.

Betjeman has issued a correction as of 11:32 on Apr 29, 2024

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gonadic io posted:

Just grabbing people randomly out of the offices where they're requesting asylum is a comically evil policy.
They're gonna deport some of the people working there too.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Posted this in the pictures thread as well, but I'm just kinda boggled at how old the average Tory voter must be that 10% died in the last 5 years.

https://x.com/CoKeynesian/status/1784582933514277372

I mean, Covid has to account for a fair bit of that, but still.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

There's another article today about the Rwanda deportations:

Government denies losing track of thousands of likely Rwanda deportees

BBC posted:

Most of the asylum seekers initially earmarked for deportation to Rwanda cannot be immediately located, the Home Office has admitted.

Home Office documents show that of 5,700 asylum seekers identified in the initial cohort, the government had lost contact with 3,557.

Only "2,143 continue to report to the Home Office and can be located for detention", the documents say.

Reading the article this seems to be another group and not from the planned "two-week exercise" reported yesterday? Also it seems like the whole scheme is in shambles but hey, what's new.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Private Speech posted:

the whole scheme is in shambles

as good a national motto as any

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Uncritical support to the 3.5k asylum seekers who just vanished.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Private Speech posted:

Also it seems like the whole scheme is in shambles but hey, what's new.

We'll have a government who'll run it nice and efficiently by the end of the year

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

keep punching joe posted:

Uncritical support to the 3.5k asylum seekers who just vanished.
presumably they haven't done or changed anything, but the government is incompetently evil.

or misfiled a bunch of records temporarily so they could say "they're vanishing!!"

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Competence never really goes hand in hand with The Home Office.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

don’t say “we lost contact with them”, just report them as gone. everybody wins

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Runcible Cat posted:

Yep, King Wills the Pegged is next up.

king sex arse seems very fitting for old blighty

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If you wanna be king your arse has to be either pegged or cancered.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cerebral Bore posted:

king sex arse seems very fitting for old blighty

it's because we're so progressive

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

90s Cringe Rock posted:

presumably they haven't done or changed anything, but the government is incompetently evil.

or misfiled a bunch of records temporarily so they could say "they're vanishing!!"

Cruel Britannia

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's because we're so progressive

royal progression towards the prostate

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

England has entered its golden age

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
piss

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Don't see any posts about the SNP implosion

Seems like Humza (the only pro Palestinian political leader, even if he had to be dragged into the position while the idf tried to kill his wife's family) tried to play hardball and backstab his only allies in the greens in service of undoing the SNPs climate pledges and his reward was his government exploded and he's had to resign

All the UK news is portraying it as the SNP being punished for going to far with wokeness and gender

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Living in Scotland, it's "funny" to see the lingering Scottish hope of independence from Britain replaced with the dawning horror that their government and their electorate are brits

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Communist Thoughts posted:

Living in Scotland, it's "funny" to see the lingering Scottish hope of independence from Britain replaced with the dawning horror that their government and their electorate are brits

CIVIC, NATIONALISM

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

any reason to expect an early election?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

Don't see any posts about the SNP implosion

Seems like Humza (the only pro Palestinian political leader, even if he had to be dragged into the position while the idf tried to kill his wife's family) tried to play hardball and backstab his only allies in the greens in service of undoing the SNPs climate pledges and his reward was his government exploded and he's had to resign

All the UK news is portraying it as the SNP being punished for going to far with wokeness and gender

The SNP had one good politician, but she’s a corrupt gnome. Scotland isn’t being freed with the level of politicians they have going forward.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It was never going to work out for that dude, everyone knows SNP leaders have to be named after fish

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I am very confident in calling Nicola Sturgeon the most competent UK politician in the past few decades after seeing what happened before and after

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

i say swears online posted:

In Scotland no
In the UK, also no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

I am very confident in calling Nicola Sturgeon the most competent UK politician in the past few decades after seeing what happened before and after

yep

knew things were going to get very poo poo very fast when she got ousted

i say swears online posted:

yes actually

on some lovely morning tv show some woman was doing "asparagusmancy" where she was reading how the asparagus fell and using it to predict that the election would be in August and Keir Starmer would NOT be labour leader