Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
I still think BoJo's plan is:

1) No-Deal Brexit.
2) Resign immediately.
3) "Good luck chaps, I'm going back to my hometown"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS
It's also possible that the non-headbangers in the govt plan to make a big song and dance about Brexit being done hurrah and then quietly signing the EU's trade deal by Easter, but that would imply some level of competence that seems to be entirely lacking.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS

gonadic io posted:

boris gonna call a snap, lib dem + tory coalition, boris gets ousted for the one real sin, losing, priti wins the leadership contest based on boris being too soft and tolerant, children of men timeline achieved

Funniest outcome is Sir Keith gets fined and resigns, Boris calls a snap election in response and then still gets VoNC'd by the Tories and loses.

A GE campaign where both major parties are also running leadership campaigns at the same time.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS

Jose posted:

He might have enough intelligence to realise everyone sees he's a monstrous psycho and would therefore lose an election badly but can do plenty of damage as a minister still

Alternatively he's going to step back onto the backbenches for the next GE and then start making moves in the next leadership election after that.

Pretty sure that's what Sunak and The Eggman are planning on doing, too.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS

Quotey posted:

We thought that was what they were all doing when bojo won but I’m not sure it worked out

Boris is still in power though - even his "resignation" speech from earlier didn't actually state at any point that he was going to leave. :v:

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS
Sir Keith got away with it - going to be so many beet-red gammons fuming

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS
I mean, Boris' plan is to let the impending shitstorm hit Truss full-on in the face, wait for either the government to collapse or lose a GE and then pop up with a "miss me yet?" to get leadership back.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS
Galloway is poo poo even at the most basic level of “does the work an MP is supposed to” because he’s more interested in getting on the telly and raising his media profile… but he’s also hardly unique in that.

What will be telling is if he manages to speedrun the “wait, this arsehole is just using us - gently caress it, voting for the other bloke” thing he’s done in his last couple of seats before the GE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS
Turn the Chilterns and the Cotswolds into a bunch of pumped storage hydroelectric reservoirs imo