Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Well, post what I was gonna post before: How likely is the EU to give Britain more than Jan 2021 to negotiate trade deals before it truly becomes the garbage fire it desperately wants to be?

Mostly want to start thread watching once things pop off and avoid the Tory gloating until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

twoday posted:

I don't think there were many, if any, tories in the last thread

I think by now the EU is sick of endless negotiating, and having a whole extra year seems more than enough to negotiate a deal. IIRC they have already figured out a solution to the Northern Ireland problem, which was to make the trade border effectively be between NI and Britain, enforced by the UK entirely (which allows of course for a tremendous loophole of smuggling opportunities, and various other problems). I think most of the extension is to grant even further time for companies and governments to adjust to the reality of things, and work out some small kinks

My bad, meant the Tory gloating in the media whilst the UK blunders into the abyss over the next year. This clown show will only start getting interesting to follow again once the schadenfreude starts hitting, which requires suffering and hubris first.

Agean90 posted:

so when's Scotland gonna sack up and leave

Hopefully after the poo poo hits the fan, until people realize how hosed they are another referendum won't succeed anymore than the previous did.

In so far as one can enjoy watching a house of inbred racists slowly burn to the ground by their own making, I am looking forward to how the next act plays out.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

i think the mistake people are making is assuming that britain is "a country" or a "nation state" anymore. it isn't. it is a bunch of land that surrounds london, and london itself is not a city, it is a gigantic washing machine for billions of dollars of blood money that flows into it from gulf states and various oligarchs and organized crime groups all around the world. it is a ghost land where ghost acts stand in for real change. brexit, like the gulf war, did not really happen. this is why i am struggling to engage with the labour leadership race - until they recognize these facts about "the united kingdom", there is no hope.

You had me right up until 'somehow this is all Labour's fault'.

Yeah ok.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

When you voted for death and really, really meant it.