Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

i think the mistake people are making is assuming that britain is "a country" or a "nation state" anymore. it isn't. it is a bunch of land that surrounds london, and london itself is not a city, it is a gigantic washing machine for billions of dollars of blood money that flows into it from gulf states and various oligarchs and organized crime groups all around the world. it is a ghost land where ghost acts stand in for real change. brexit, like the gulf war, did not really happen. this is why i am struggling to engage with the labour leadership race - until they recognize these facts about "the united kingdom", there is no hope.

Good callback to that classic essay OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1227960869100720131?s=20
Lmao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sanders amusingly if he actually gets his world anti corruption drive going might sweep up a bunch of uk guys with it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1242763966398574593

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

So good

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

What's up with the UK today?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

obviously northern independence is not going to happen until they set up their own central bank in Berwick-upon-tweed or wherever , although it would be pretty funny if harold hardradas modern scion invaded with a strong claim a few years after

Turning back the clock to 1066 and coming out ahead.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jazerus posted:

Britain (brɪtn) is a geographic area in the North Atlantic which consists of 13 distinct sovereign states, [...]

"Britian is a geographical concept"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

multijoe posted:

I honestly dread to think how many mass graves this country would produce if it ever balkanised

Excited for mount and blade warband: Neo-Heptarchy

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

oliwan posted:

Is the UK the GBS of the world? Discuss.

it is generally bullshit so yes

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Imagine melting down because of an objectively superior flag

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pryor on Fire posted:

My point is that you don't get to have the Lion, the Dragon, the Unicorn, and the goddamn bulldog on top of that. That's like owning the biggest diamond in the world and insisting your neighbor give you the biggest ruby too.

Pick one animal, you have to remove the rest from all flags and national symbols. No I don't care if it was a county 4000 years ago, your animal privileges have been revoked. I'd go with the unicorn personally because that one is definitely the funniest.

For every animal you don't put on your boring tricolor I'm gonna put 4 on mine.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Tulip posted:

if you think our state flags are bad wait till you see our city flags

How is that real.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Continuity RCP posted:

https://twitter.com/robertlargan/status/1373340336689455113
Congratulations to Robert Largan for being the first establishment politician to take a swing at the Northern Independence Party and the 12,000th person to miss horribly

Looks like 1/3 of my ck3 games tbh

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Northern independence guys should really just get on with it and invite a Danish or Norwegian prince over so they can revive the Danelaw to really stick it to the south.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jose posted:

the heptarchy is already on its way back with whatever the gently caress is going on with kent

:yooge: but in Welsh: "we have to build a seawall because Frisa isn't sending their best."

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the scene from the simpsons with russia and the soviet union but it's "northumbria" switching to "jorvik"

Hell yeah dude

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Bryter posted:

That was actually the political position of the UDA’s old political wing. Britain was insufficiently British for them.

Real galaxy brain poo poo here

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Folks,
https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1373787281518039042?s=20

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

are there any Godwins pretenders around for Northumbria to have its own stupid and symbolic monarchy

I mean apparently Queen Elizabeth is still.

Edit:

quote:

Every king of England, Great Britain and the United Kingdom from that point until the present day is descended from Isabella of France, the great(x7) granddaughter of Harold Godwinson.

Lawman 0 has issued a correction as of 03:51 on Mar 22, 2021

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

the hadradas are extinct :(

Should have remembered to unpack the chain mail :rip:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

people always get new zealand and australia mixed up

What's his forums username?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Breakfast All Day posted:

lmao i didnt realize he was the shadow minister for skills

considering the recent ghoulishness they might as well add a shadow minister for skulls

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

What did she do?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

not convinced that weird sex acts is going to damage johnson's image tbh

If it comes out Starmer would probably pivot to being a weird puritan

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

it's still genuinely incredible to me that the UK spent the last decade greedily punching itself in the crown jewels.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jose posted:

twitter is going to melt the gently caress down, like servers on fire style, when the queen dies lmao

yeah I can't wait

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Austerity Deth Fest

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

i say swears online posted:

y'all know she's gonna live to 112

considering her successors she should just build a golden throne for herself

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Holy poo poo

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Imagine keeping multiple stables of deranged poodle people as a country.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1380840671741886464
:owned:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Giedroyc posted:

I don't think Danny Devito spent 70 years attending public engagements/charity work/setting up charities and fought in World War 2 though...

You can dismiss the monarchy as privilege, but you can't argue with what the bloke did over such a long time and the lives his work impacted. There are far far worse royals who did little in comparison.

I would suggest leaving the subforum op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

THS posted:

im losing my mind over someone reading cspam and being exactly that jello brained. the 2001 regdate is also loving me up. good god

Posts from a parallel dimension where 9/11 never happened