Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Sekenr posted:

As an outsider to UK politics, what struck me the most about pre election polls was that Boris is more prime ministerial. I was like "wtf does it even mean". On one hand you have an honest man with an uncompromised 20 year record of plain utilising power of government for the good of the people. And the other is lying cheating coward who hides in the fridge. How the gently caress is that prime ministerial? The answer is simple, british people are so thoroughly conditioned that they plain see honesty and benevolence is anti prime ministerial it scares them, and screwing you by your betters as right and proper British approach.

The symbol for respectable authority in the UK is a posh british lad that went to Eton and, well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Jose posted:

threatening to nuke someone because they interrupted twitch

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1371795119779807236?s=20

Lol the EU should probably get under France's nuclear umbrella

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

In a stodgy pre-war reactionary culture, WWI was so senseless that it single handedly ended monarchs having any direct power in europe and started a communist revolution in the most conservative empire in the world at that time

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

gonadic io posted:

congrats to barbados on their new governor

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

MikeCrotch posted:

He absolutely wants it, he's been planning his entire life around becoming king and has big plans for what he's gonna do when he gets on the throne

what big plans does he have and would he even be able to do them? yeah the uk govt is in shambles but I always got the impression that if the royalty tried to wield actual power it would get shut down fairly quick

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

its pretty clear to me that the PM is drat near a ceremonial position in the UK nowadays and whoever controls the media is really ruling the country, even more than in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

in liz wet rust?