Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The UK is that one kid that all professors despise. The one who never shows up and asks for extensions to homework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Martout posted:

some of my coworkers used to teach in the uk and what they tell me about is a loving horror story of 21 lessons per week, 60+ hour work weeks submitting form lesson plans to line managers who have to review them and complete silence when it comes to requests of assistance to struggling students

like pay is important and teachers should be paid well (I get paid an aggressively mediocre salary teaching uh I guess the equivalent of A-levels maths, I think it's called, in sweden but my hours are alright fwiw) but if THAT'S the job there's no such thing as "adequate pay", literally impossible to keep up with long term without burning out. gee golly there's no way to know why teachers don't want to stay teaching!?
David Graeber takes a second out of his book Bullshit Jobs to vent about how convoluted the lesson plan approval process is and how much he hates it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ex post facho posted:

thanks, that's absolutely loving insane and lmao what in the goddamn gently caress England and Wales
"Let them drink poo poo, she said."

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Apraxin posted:

posting on the social medias like a normal human politician
https://twitter.com/SteveReedMP/status/1645303707817345026

New Jeb! dropped

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

happyhippy posted:

I once read that the best mathematicians of 300+ years ago had the same math tools we teach kids these days.
So whats our excuse that we cant add anything with double digits together easily.
How much is what you are taught in school applicable to a job? Kids dont care about calculus because no one is gonna become an engineer. Kids wanna be movie stars or pro gamers

I think a hidden consequence of devaluing labor means kids recognize there's no careers in a lot of important civic fields and decide to become tech bros instead or w/e

SardonicTyrant has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Apr 18, 2023

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Quotey posted:

whats going on in this photo with the giant sea creature skeleton

is this attack on titan

They are the poor and we are the fascists.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cursed island.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Communist Thoughts posted:

i think its probably also kinda like one of those Compaction Cycles that whatsherface Prester Jane? used to bang on about

as kieith drives more people away the people who stick with him are just getting madder and madder at everyone else around them and becoming more extreme and isolated

god it sucks this prick is gonna win
what a massive waste of everyones time
My gf's parents joined a mega church and the way she described it they deliberately drew in the people they knew would donate lots and pushed out everyone else. You can see the same phenomenon in how a lot of games with micro transactions will appeal to whales because they are the ones shelling out the cash, and if younlook in the doomsday econ thread, the economy is shifting to service "premium customers" over people like you and me.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

i am harry posted:

yeah it’s totally bullshit but, the one great thing about the bullshit is that the funds roll over from one month to the next so you can save up some of them and then go and buy a leg of lamb at the fancy grocery store and look dead into the eyes of the old wealthy oval office behind watching you do it and smile :shobon:
In my case, I missed one of the surprise renewal things so they just took back all of my snap savings. It cause my ptsd to go out of control, and now to resubmit I have to give them like a dozen different ids they didn't ask for last time.

So uh, to give you an idea that yes, this is only about cruelty, it always has been.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

WrasslorMonkey posted:

It will never stop looking dumb as poo poo

e: monitor confirmed ON
It's beautiful in how profoundly ugly it is. And yes, our monitor is on as well.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

A Buttery Pastry posted:

He's gonna start to smell if they're gonna hang him in every school.
Dont worry, the skin suit is treated against rain.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Maybe people would trust promises from kieth if he hadn't broken every one he's made as leader
That's not fair, he's broken promises even when he wasn't leader.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Welcome to Airstrip 17, it's safer here

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を