Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

twoday posted:

Conversely, this is bad for UK consumers.

Basically more lovely made foods with more cancer/disease causing ingredients and an allowable % of vermin poo poo and factory waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Stoatbringer posted:

"Hi, now we've left your fancy club and aren't going to pay our fees anymore, we'd still like you to give us all the perks of membership, please."
"Haha gently caress off, get to the back of the queue."

"Ok, fine. How about we negotiate our new trade deal that we just scrapped. We would like everything as before, but cheaper please."
"Haha gently caress off, everything is now at least 10% more."
"I say, thats rather unfair. I'm going to complain!"
"To who?"
"Bugger!"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

twoday posted:

Imagine being some EU bureaucrat having to negotiate any kind of deal with Britain in the coming year

I would just quit my job and start a new career, I think

Its going to be hilarious for the EU negotiators.
The UK is going to go in and say 'we want the same trade, but cheaper on our side. You lot pay us more though for our stuff'.
The only risk the EU people have is bursting a blood vessel from laughing.

I can see the UK getting really pissy about fishing areas, that's going to be funny to watch.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

CactusWeasle posted:

The EU should carpet bomb Britain out of existence.

It would only be breaking one very specific piece of international law.

You risk doubling their GDP if one of the bombs fails to detonate.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Samovar posted:

I just want to know if Poles can go in and out of the UK as easily as before.

The purges start on the 2nd.
If you don't have your British Passport, your poppy visible at all times, or don't know at least four verses of God Save the Queen, you will be deported.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

i thought there was supposed to be adequate food???

I'm sure there will be loads of scrag ends, tongue, and tripe to last us all.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

doesnt dublin not really want to take the six counties back because british underinvestment has made a potential reintegration basically the european version of how much south korea would have to spend to reintegrate north korea

Correct.
Am from NI, and it will be a loving economic nightmare for the Republic to take back Northern Ireland.
Its not just changing the flag and road signs like a lot think.
You have to change the money, laws, healthcare, education system, and a poo poo load of other things.
Take healthcare. 1.8 million in Northern Ireland. Removed from the UK NHS and placed onto the Republics health insurance.
Lot of NI patients suddenly have to pay tens of thousands for medicine that was free to them on the NHS.

Better off if NI became its own little weird multi-country. More and more are not seeing ourselves are either Irish or British.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

10000 Sex Arses posted:

I got an email from Amazon telling me that one of my favourite whiskeys (Bushmills' Black Bush) was on offer.

But due to Brexit Amazon is no longer able to ship Northern Irish spirits to Northern Ireland,. They have to go through export declarations to ship to Amazon's distribution centre in GB, them go through further export declarations to ship it back from GB to Northern Ireland's EU customs zone.

The government is still sticking to their hardline propaganda that there is no internal Tory sea border between Britain and NI.

Black Bush is a good drink.
But its available everywhere in NI, why do you have to get it from Amazon?
Cheaper by much?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

UK Goons, what, in your personal experience, is the funniest part of Brexit so far?

Toss up between the Fisheries minister who did not read the Brexit bill as she was busy making a nativity thing for her own family, and so not seeing UK shellfish industry being loving killed instantly.
Or how Ireland and rest of the EU are just bypassing the UK via ship routes overnight. Boris and co just sitting there saying 'they did what?' to each other.

Close third, UK 'ex-pat' shops within europe not importing UK goods any more to sell to UK 'expats' and getting them instead from Ireland.

happyhippy has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Feb 13, 2021

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Daily Star readers included in that?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Communist Thoughts posted:

My only concern is if the europeans push us too hard the British lion may wake

Then the EU executes order 1966.
They let England to get to the finals of some football tournament, maybe even win it.
England will get so distracted covering everything with the english flag and singing 'its coming home'.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

eleven extra elephants posted:

Blackjacks are loving shite, joint worst sweet tied with parma violets, they both taste like colonialism

I think they changed Blackjacks and Refreshers over the years.
Or maybe my tastebuds arent the same.
Blackjacks used to be less hard, more for an aniseed flavour, and turned your mouth black more not just your tongue.
Nowadays they are just meh.
Refreshers used to have more sherbet in them. Now you are lucky to have any in it at all.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

This isn't a boomer thing, Wed/Sun shop closing was common in NI upto the 90s.
gently caress, most shops closed on Sundays until the mid-late 00s, until big supermarkets forced them to open to compete.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56293384

This is how they would first report a zombie outbreak right

multijoe posted:

A takeaway owner murder suicided his family apparently, sounds like the tent was erected because there was a lot of gore involved

Did the same thing when a guy got shot down my street.
It's mainly to contain the area for forensics, also to stop fuckers from getting photos to flog to the press.

Side story: Was on a long distance bus years ago, and there was a car crash ahead. Police were already there, cordons were up, and were waving through traffic.
Problem was the cordon was not high enough to block our view. So we got a good eyeball of the blood and bits covered car, the bodies/survivors already taken away.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Greetings, friend.
Do you wish to look as happy as me?
Well, you've got the power inside you right now.
So, use it, and send one vote to Happy Keir, soon to be 10 Downing Street, London.
Don't delay, eternal happiness is just a vote away.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Harry went brrrrrrrrrrrrrpt in an attack helicopter.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

MikeCrotch posted:

Prince Andrew was a helicopter pilot during the Falklands too so, uh

(I just thought it was funny that Charles still gets to be Colonel Bumspector of the 15th Light Todgton Hussars or whatever despite the closest he's been to combat being yelling at some poor fucks about Brexit)

It mentions on his wiki page, the Queen tried to get him a desk job away from the action, but Andrew went ahead.
They still kept him away from the conflict, the closest he got was watching another ship get attacked.

2020-21 is the first year the Royals havent generated any tourism money for what they get paid for.
I wonder if Rishi is taking into account that they don't need to give as much to them no.....hahahah just messing. gently caress the working classes and poor.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

gschmidl posted:

Is that frog-faced piece of poo poo actually loving off out of politics? I can't decide whether I want him to die today, or after the UK comes crawling back to the EU.

Only until the latest grift money he's earned has run out.

We haven't heard the last of Captain 'I would have done it better but I run away every time things go bad' Hindsight

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_j35t3GCsk

We Proved Royal Experts Lie About Harry and Meghan

#6 on Trending

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

gently caress that flag!
gently caress it for the Queen!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
New UK flag should just be the theme from Dad's Army.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Lawman 0 posted:

For every animal you don't put on your boring tricolor I'm gonna put 4 on mine.

I would love to see your infinite animal flag to be honest.

happyhippy has issued a correction as of 20:19 on Mar 20, 2021

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

i bet there’s lots of unofficial “official” advice being thrown around in the expat enclaves in spain, with a good going venn diagram with sovereign citizen / brexiteer cross over

would like to know if any brit tried using “the magna carta “ in any legal dispute over there though

I wish I could find the video on YT, but it was some one from the UK now living in Spain, who now stays away from the UK enclaves as its wall to wall Gammon Alf Garnetts.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

crispix posted:

where in the gently caress does one obtain a rangers overhead snooker light

Probably Rangers themselves, most clubs sell pub gear.

Title: "They don't make the right chips here don't they."

This is a modern renaissance painting.
Such gloom, every face and pose its own story on how life is meaningless.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Why are people surprised Starmer is a cop lover.
Starmer was the one who upheld the decision not to prosecute the officers who had killed Jean-Charles de Menezes.
Cops killed an innocent man in broad day light, during rush hour, and oopsie no one at fault here!
So in a riot situation, cops would have to be loving and cannibalizing the rioters before Starmer thinks its a bit rum.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Often Abbreviated posted:

seems to me like more cases of anti-Catholic ethnic cleansing would in fact be worse than fewer, but chuckle away I guess

Guess when the last time the UK considered such cleansings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2601577.stm

Ted Heath was given a plan to make most of NI protestant only.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Armando Iannucci got it so wrong.
We thought there were 20 dimensional chess playing behind the scenes people like Malcom Tucker, trying to outwit his other quadruple lobe counterpart for headlines.

But they are all just Ollies and Glenns.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Pizza Segregationist posted:

somebody help out an ignorant american here: do "unionist" and "loyalist" mean the same thing?

Its as Coolcab says, but political parties are more referred to as 'unionists'.
While non-political parties, like the UVF/UDA gangs are 'loyalists'.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

new kind of cat posted:

i am gunna shag the queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSBIK0hiNYU&t=2157s

The mag's vag.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

the royals literally have nothing better to do with their time than just slum it occasionally for some charity do every now and then

And they are always so loving grumpy too at them.
Wasn't the Queen only visibly happy in public when she had a bet on at the horse races.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

mrmcd posted:

Plus they'll have to put Charles on all their money lol.

"She only just dead and you want to take her off the money?!?!
She should be on it forever!"

I bet you they will have both her and Charles on it for the first few years.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

This is brilliant.
"buccaneer David Frost" sums up all you need to know about the mind of the writer.

happyhippy has issued a correction as of 15:40 on Apr 15, 2021

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

What dumb idiots decide 'Ok lads, we are going to head of in this random direction where it gets colder and colder all the time, and hope to hit land'.
A few degrees out and they have wandered into the Atlantic sea.
Or even worse, Wales.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

I see someone did that facial reconstruction thing on the Crypt Keeper.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Spangly A posted:

they made ludicrous amounts of money and strongarmed a tory government for two years with ten loving mps, and it's pure bad luck that the next tory leader would personally sell them back to ireland for a small kickback

The DUP are really good at getting what they want, they just want terrible things because they're terrible people

The DUP lucked their way through the last 5 or so years. They did not get there by skill or planning.
It was the Lib Dems wilting that got them into coalition with the Tories, and they bungled that too for near demanding everything all the time when a vote was up.
The DUP never got what they want, they get what is given to them by the uncaring Tories.
Boris had to do a last minute trip to assure them that there will be no border in the Irish Sea, and lo and behold there is a border in the Irish Sea.
If the DUP were good at getting what they wanted, they would have finished the Irish Border Wall in 2018 and now be machine gunning Tayto vans that get too close.

happyhippy has issued a correction as of 03:01 on Apr 29, 2021

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

• ate cold baked beans from a tin instead of cooking a Proper Meal TM
  • did not go on freebie to some sort of football game like other MPs (therefore proving he Hates Britane) but instead carried out his pre-arranged surgery for which the Grate British Taxpayer is Paying Him.
  • Wore £79 M&S coat to the Cenotaph in wet weather when he was either coming to or going to another Remembrance ceremony outdoors in the rain
  • Did not go on freebie scoffs after the Cenotaph like the other big wigs, but instead hung around to talk with some of those dreadful war veteran people we only bother to think about when flag shagging.

• Danced at the Cenotaph, insulting are dead

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGm5A868kHY

This but with a pic of Corbyn

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The only good thing about WW1 is how many sons of the aristocracy were obliterated or left to rot in No Man's Land, with not even so much as a pinky left for their families to bury. The one time in Britain's wretched history where some modicum of class equality was finally realized.

Someone write a time travel movie about trying to stop WW1 but not for the usual tropes.
But to save the UK aristocracy and upper class way of living uptil then.
"My King, I have come from the year 1935, and by jove its a hellish place. The riff raff are demanding things!
Here is a map of all the countries that have valuable land minerals and names and locations of layabouts that may disagree with this great empire.
And here are plans for what they called a Spitfire aeronautic flying device.'

happyhippy has issued a correction as of 19:40 on May 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And then watch them all gently caress it up even worse somehow

Ah, thats for Back to the Empire 2.
"Quickly your Highness, we have to go back! It's not you, its your kids! Your kids kids!"
"Pish and pobble! What could be so bad after the oiks."
"One of the princes marries a commoner!"
*TO BE CONTINUED appears on screen*
DUN DUN DUNDUNDUN DUN