Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

SardonicTyrant posted:

The UK is that one kid that all professors despise. The one who never shows up and asks for extensions to homework.

oh, a bojo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

lol scotland's not leaving. the uk's just going to get shitter and shitter for the unfortunates who are trapped there

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

at best, indyref 2 could be used to devolve more powers to holyrood, and even that's unlikely

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

the remnants of the uk will absolutely be begging to get back in on any terms in like 20-30 years

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

the us also doesn't have the insane cross-party death cult that was/is Leave. without brexit, i think corbyn had a non-zero chance of pulling it off (disclaimer: foreigner opinion)

Lawman 0 posted:

Sanders amusingly if he actually gets his world anti corruption drive going might sweep up a bunch of uk guys with it

the world anti-corruption drive, or how sanders got epstein'd

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

i think that makes our response the worst in the world? anyone do any better?

"worst" can only be evaluated with respect to a goal. in this case, the goal is to kill as many britons as possible and blame it on the europeans, so the truth is that this response is the best in the world

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

they're equally dumb about essentially everything else so i don't know why you'd expect corona-chan to be any different

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

pity it can't have also happened to a few other world leaders imo

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

bojo gonna live, claim covid isn't so bad, and lift all isolation and quarantine measures

then win another 2-3 terms

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

i too woke up desperate for news of bojo's condition

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

XMNN posted:

with any degree of intellectual honesty

i think i found the problem

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

My condolences to the British on the health of their prime minister

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

oliwan posted:

anti-israel tangents are good op, unless you love fascist, imperialist child murderers.

i have bad news about all mainstream political parties op

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

so cummings is going to stay in his position i guess?

his position was always secure

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

there must be something parliament can do to influence the government - otherwise, how does the govt know how hard to turn the screws on the poor?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Spangly A posted:

honestly, their work neutralising the graun was probably the only work they've ever done

sounds like they did their job perfectly

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

robert peel invented his principles of policing to more effectively occupy ireland

not trying to britsplain, just thought maybe there are other foreigners reading this thread who did not know that

the usa really is a rank amateur at inventing horrible poo poo to do from its position of power

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's a dog, so I think it's a fair assumption that he was a good boy who deserves a statue more than most any human.

ah, but he has a statue somewhere in the uk, which means he was responsible for claiming territory for the empire by genociding a local tribe or something similar

Continuity RCP posted:

That's not true. We elected Attlee, and he wanted things to be better. Of course, he achieved his improvements to the British way of life through the ruthless exploitation of our remaining colonies. What the British don't like is politicians who will admit that people in other countries have worth and are human

it's simple. british people need brutality in their politics, and they don't really care if it's directed against them or against some foreigners

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

poty posted:

things will never stop getting dumber

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

namesake posted:

No absolutely none. We have 3 days to request an extension as well so we're crashing out in the new year lol.

holy poo poo i'd totally forgotten about this

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

members of the british ruling class are about the least likely people to bother investigating pedophiles, for obvious reasons

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

therattle posted:

Capitalism has serious problems and is unsustainable, but I don't believe that communism is a viable alternative.

curious as to what you think the best alternative is

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The people voted for pain.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Jose posted:

you lust for low paid worker death eh

don't forget the elderly! they can also die

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

'Imagine the state we’d be in if Corbyn had been in charge': the view from the 'red wall'

quote:

Sunak’s hospitality package made him feel “massively vindicated” for switching his vote from Labour. “Can you imagine what state we’d be in if Jeremy Corbyn had been in charge of all this?” he asked.

lol, uk voters are utterly unable to imagine a government that doesn't do full austerity now

also lol at that discount for going to the pub in the middle of an uncontained pandemic

just lol in general tbh

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Dreylad posted:

im sorry, im a uk politics neophyte but

what the gently caress

the most important ukpol principle to understand is the insightful and accurate observation by theresa may: "the people voted for pain". it gets right to the core of the subservient british psyche, from which many of the world's socio-political-economic problems arise

the people voted for pain. they want to be brutalised by their betters. the tories are only too happy to oblige

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

what an aggressively misleading title. it's saying that the us and uk are #1 because they have more pharma research going on. interesting how they don't mention e.g. china's vaccine progress

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

i don't know how to explain this, but the media are absolute garbage and simply cannot be trusted in any way on any topic

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Spangly A posted:

deliberate, evil, and indefensibly stupid

The Something Awful Forums > Debate & Discussion > C-SPAM: The Void that Screams Back > UK Politics thread: deliberate, evil, and indefensibly stupid

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

the apparently unanimous consensus that teachers are assholes who hate their students to the extent that one big exam is more reasonable

it's projection, of course. these people simply cannot imagine anyone actually enjoying working with children

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

christ, what a cursed island

Boris Johnson's new Brexit trade adviser is former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott

for context, the onion is the people of the uk

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

isn't abbott both cruel even by the standards of australian right-wingers and incredibly stupid

yes. think george w bush's public persona stupid

i say swears online posted:

I always thought the onion eating was endearing but wait does that still have the goddamn skin on it

surely eating the skin would make it more endearing

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

the grauniad posted:

The BBC does not book rightwing comedians for its shows because they are not funny enough, according to an individual involved in making some of the corporation’s best-known comedy programmes.

...there had already been substantial pressure from BBC executives over the last 18 months to find pro-Tory, pro-Brexit comedians. Instead, the source said the real issue is that many of the Conservative-leaning performers considered by BBC producers “aren’t very good”.

article

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

xr staged a protest that blocked the distribution of some newspapers. starmer weighs in:

quote:

On Sunday the Labour leader, Keir Starmer, condemned an Extinction Rebellion protest that disrupted the distribution of national newspapers.

Starmer said: “The free press is the cornerstone of democracy and we must do all we can to protect it. Denying people the chance to read what they choose is wrong and does nothing to tackle climate change.”

The presses print the News UK titles including the Sun, Times, Sun on Sunday and Sunday Times, as well as the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph, the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday and the London Evening Standard.

what a cuck lmao

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

christ, starmer is such a useless piece of poo poo

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Joe Biden is going to get the Noble Peace Prize in 2022 for uniting Ireland. PM Rees-Mogg is going to let go of Northern Ireland in order to Get Brexit Done.

joe biden is going to win the nobel peace prize in 2021 for not being trump, just like obama did for not being bush

the peace prize is second only to the economics prize in being a stupid bullshit piece of poo poo propaganda tool

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

absolutely one of the top ten tweets of all time

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

i hope bojo actually got the rona and is still suffering from its after effects

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Maximo Roboto posted:

Are all Anglophone countries neoliberal cesspits that continuously purge leftist leaders and replace them with watered down liberal nebbishes?

look into your heart and you will find the answer there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

demon-crackersphere