Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Haha it's almost like they don't want the immigrants to stay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Continuity RCP posted:

how economic consolidation was turning supposedly free farmers into serfs last year

Is this brexit

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
you just don't "get" Brexit

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
when’s second brexit?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'd like to think of the British economy as like a "throbbing hard cock that's been edging for months" ready to release large amounts of "financial cum"

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Valko posted:

Right, I get it. Been out of the loop for a while and not looking into my own countries politics for a while for the sake of my sanity.

Related.

https://twitter.com/pritipatel/status/1369219879702781953

You can see the cop at the back thinking "now who shall I murder first"

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Idea: keep raising Churchill statues until all police are occupied guarding them. Just thousands and thousands of sacred shrines to fascism and they no longer will be able to murder or brutalize anyone

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
The Harry formerly known as Prince

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

https://twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1381680360271020038

Obvious troll account
:pwn:

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

XMNN posted:

maybe they should try having some actual policies instead of saying "we want things to be good and not bad"

They should try saying "we want things to be bad, for them" then never say who "them" is so people can let their imaginations go wild.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Mike Gapes

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think I'm beginning to understand what Brexit means, although why anyone would vote for it is not yet 100% clear

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
If my business had suddenly become an essential supplier I certainly wouldn’t be thinking of shutting down to scoop up some subsidies right now lmao

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Quotey posted:

im going to say it

It would have been a far better tweet

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Kier and the gang

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Beckypoemsbooks/status/1458215027392061440

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

gonadic io posted:

from what I read the uk's current law on stripping of citizenship has almost entirely been used against ethnic minorities with dual citizenship, which makes sense if they can't do it to people without

There's also countries like Morocco who automatically give citizenship to anyone with a Moroccan parent (resident or not). Unless you actively hide your kid from the Moroccan government they'll get it and it can't be renounced.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Brexit was too successful, the ports can't keep up with the wild international popularity of British products

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
In a 4D chess move of pretending to be completely incompetent, Truss expertly de-escalates the conflict as any aggression by Russia will now be seen as bullying the weak.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Newcastle is the plug that keeps the water out, that's why they call it England's bunghole

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I was going to post his military titles but a look at the wiki page and it's just a crazy long list so I stuck to his non-military titles.

His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Chester, Earl of Carrick, Earl of Merioneth, Baron of Renfrew, Baron Greenwich, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, Red Crow of Alberta, Leading Star of Manitoba, The Son of the Big Boss of Nunavut, The Sun Looks at Him in a Good Way in Saskatchewan, The Helper of the Cows of Tanzania, The number one child belonging to Mrs Queen of Papua New Guinea, High Chief of Vanuatu, Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty The Queen, Great Master and Principal Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Knight of the Order of Australia, Extra Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Honorary Member of the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, Member of the Order of Merit, Grand Companion of the Order of Logoho, Member of the Queen's Privy Council for Canada, Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Canada, Extraordinary Commander of the Order of Military Merit, Grand Commander of the Order of the Lion of Malawi, Honorary Companion of the Order of the Star of Ghana, Honorary Companion of the Order of Freedom of Barbados, Command Grand Cross of the Order of the White Rose of Finland, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown, Grand Cross of the Order of the Oak Crown, Knight of the Order of the Elephant, Knight of the Most Glorious Order of the Ojaswi Rajanya, Knight of the Royal Order of the Seraphim, Grand Cross of the Order of the Southern Cross, Grand Cross with Collar of the Order of St Olav, Grand Cross and Collar of the Order of the Republic, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Orange-Nassau, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Legion of Honour, Order of al-Khalifa 1st class, Collar of the Order of Merit, Knight Grand Cross of the Royal and Distinguished Spanish Order of Carlos III, King Abdul Aziz Order of Merit 1st class, Order of Mubarak the Great 1st class, Sash of the Special Category of the Order of the Aztec Eagle, Commander of the Order of Agricultural Merit and Grand Cross of the Order of the Star of Romania.

gently caress these cursed isles.

edit: His Tanzanian title translates literally as "he whom the cows love so much they call for him when they are in times of distress".

I get that a few hundred years ago this had a use to keep good relations with a king that might declare war on you. When you don't have that power anymore it becomes as meaningful as my 4 year olds' friend book she passes around her class. It's so pathetic.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

where's Ben Wallace?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's German, the e is pronounced like an o and the h is silent

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Maybe the UK can ask to join the EU. That would open up a big market right next door for growth, pragmatically

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
The Netherlands' annual gas production was 50 billion m3 around a decade ago, currently 1/10th of that. Production was reduced because increasing earthquakes were destroying homes up north and it became a political problem. I expect that we'll start producing this winter under the guise of saving our fellow Europeans from freezing to death. EU use is about 400 billion m3 so it could make a dent, not to mention shitloads of profits for Shell and Esso.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't believe Megan did this

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wait… how does that help the rich?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I could see Harry having a vigorous wank, good for him.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jose posted:

Lol if house prices start to drop before the next election. Who knew raising interest rates repeatedly would be bad

https://twitter.com/BruceReuters/status/1620354962533535744?t=LyXUAAHD5qfSK_r-Muhw5Q&s=19

https://twitter.com/BruceReuters/status/1620360863160102913

double take that this graph's vertical scale actually begins at 0

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
probably AI generated, you don't notice the hosed up fingers with Charles

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
You'd think that by now economic scientists had figured out a way to cool down the economy without devastating the underclasses

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I imagine that most volunteers for Labour are aware of what the political leadership is doing. So what gives? Why are they volunteering?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

ro5s posted:

I didn't think sir kid starver would starve me :qq:

lol

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Honestly I completely agree, for every ""abuser"" these means tested systems stop, it makes accessing that help more poo poo for everyone else who needs it, not to mention the time and money it takes to develop these systems, it's a waste at every approach.

Making it poo poo for everyone is the point, abusing welfare queens is just a poor cover

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

kecske posted:

there's an established law from thatchers government about what happens to conservatives at that age. for more information google margaret thatcher rule 34

the only information I’m getting is drawings of gigantic cocks, is that what happens to conservatives in their 30s?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Starmer should commit to destroying existing infrastructure along with canceling any new

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
hold on, MPs can’t ask Cameron questions because he’s now also a lord?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
So about these financial services the UK 'exports', is there anything special about British finance knowledge or is it 100% tax dodging

e: I guess it could also be crime

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
it’s royal British tradition to kill your wife before you are crowned, William had to act fast and did a sloppy job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I guess it makes sense if he considers his own words as slanderous