Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Khanstant posted:

It's pretty nuts that the old executable from the ancient version still works just fine, but their new fangled attempt is such a mess. I wish they'd never even tried to reforge it, just should've added the to the Blizzard launcher.

Wonder if there's a Burbenog TD going on right now.

edit: Oh nevermind. The launcher for the old games tries to make you update some poo poo. Theyre retroactively making the original worse, lol

This is the best part about this whole thing.

You might be like, "This seems like hyperbole." at the rage against the game. Like look at dis: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/warcraft-iii-reforged

That's a point five. Not a five but like, a point...five.

Then you find out just trying to stick with the pure, original version isn't an easy option any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

Good news then.

"Now that's a cock that's wearing protection."

- Aunt Slappy probably.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You remember in the first few titles when you dug a hole you were just like, adding a "hole texture" by digging and not actually geometrically creating a hole?

And nobody really cared. Nobody except like, nerds maybe.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gripweed posted:

Was anybody actually expecting realistic digging physics in an N64 game?

I can vaguely, VAGUELY remember people who were already mad at the game (because it was baby game I guess?) trying to use the quality of the graphics as a talking point back when it came out on the GCN in the States. And that was like, part of the graphics talk. That and other stuff like how it wasn't "Really 3D" because it was a top-down perspective. There was no controllable Z-axis.

Where were the mature games with the good graphics and axises'ses?!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The original concept of Last of Us seemed like it was gonna be pretty sexist:

quote:

The result was a pitch for a problematic title called Mankind. Just like in The Last of Us, the game was set in a world where Cordyceps has leaped from insects to humans, turning the infected into dangerous monsters and bringing down civilization with them. The key difference was that in Mankind, the virus only affected women. An early version of Ellie was the only female who was immune, and Joel decided to protect her in order to bring her to a lab where a cure could potentially be created. But they weren't able to sell the idea, especially after several female Naughty Dog employees voiced their concerns. "The reason it failed is because it was a misogynistic idea," says Druckmann.

(Also some people swear original concepts for the bloated infected reached fetish-levels of growth in this concept of the story but I haven't found any proof of that part.)

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Wonderful 40K

Everyone group together we're gonna take the fight to space.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Chev posted:

I mean, I get what you're trying to say, but they already take the fight to space in 101.

We're gonna need a lot of Guyzoch to take out the Chaos Gods.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

What are most of the comments in this talking about with reviews?

Oh my God what the hell is THAT.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It's time:

quote:

After an extended break beginning in the spring of 2019, Dan Houser, Vice President, Creative at Rockstar Games, will be leaving the company. Dan Houser’s last day will be March 11, 2020. We are extremely grateful for his contributions. Rockstar Games has built some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful game worlds, a global community of passionate fans and an incredibly talented team, which remains focused on current and future projects.

Time for BULLY 2!

That's what he's doing right? He's gonna use all the money he made and start a new company solely devoted to making Bully 2?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
In truth Lawbreakers spent ninety percent of its budget by getting the Rick and Morty guy to voice their ball:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o13N08SRvho

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
A world where European games became the norm and standard from the mid-80's onward.

Isometric setting everywhere. Not to mention the jank. The Euro-jank.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
For what it's worth at least we have tangible evidence the games under Peter and Todd exist. You can still go back and see or play them, even if you think they're awful.

But there's like nothing left of Lawbreakers but whatever media you can find. All stores have the game wiped from ever even existing on their fronts. Can we even prove the game ever existed?!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

bushisms.txt posted:

Radical heights exists in my heart, damnit

Radical Heights was a collective unconscious dream we all had after we woke up from our Lawbreakers sleep.

It resembled something real but then you notice something is off and all of the sudden you realize everyone is missing their face and the sky is a literal dome.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Guys like Cliffy and Jaffe keep seeing themselves as young guns who hope they never have a "Miyamoto presenting Wii Music" moment even though both of them already did.

It already happened. You guys already had your moment when you got mad people were taking shots at your passion projects you, you already joined the old man club.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

homeless snail posted:

tbh he's not totally wrong here, in the "more women prison guards" way. gears got grosser but more inclusive at the same time

He totally did the same thing though when you realize everyone on the Law side of LawBreakers is a Cop.

So you've got Kamala Harris, only she's a cop with a jetpack.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/mischacrossing/status/1226961792745775105

Welcome to Baby Crossing.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Mercury Crusader posted:

The Mega Play version of Sonic 1 is pretty good. Mega Play was basically Sega's sort-of-equivalent of Nintendo's PlayChoice-10, featuring Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games that were modified for arcades. In Sonic 1's case, the game removes several stages (all of Marble Zone, all of Labyrinth Zone, and the third Scrap Brain Zone), the special stages, you can't get one-ups, and the timer counts down to zero, with each stage having different time limits. It makes for a pretty good arcade-y experience since it trims a lot of the slow-paced stage, and I find it to be a lot better than the console Sonic 1 as a result. It's on the Switch Sega Ages release of Sonic 1 as an extra.

So it's like the evil version of Sonic 1 Easy Mode?

https://youtu.be/u-ef8SD9gUg

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Hwurmp posted:

as opposed to good Sonic merchandise such as:

https://twitter.com/TheNokuCroc/status/1010381920604057602

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Don't eat blue curry unless you're prepared to deal with the blue consequences.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Dang, Geoff (or whoever runs the site itself) didn't waste any time in stripping his Game Critics Awards site of everything even slightly related to E3.

http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/

That's like twenty years give or take of E3's just gone. It was nice seeing it kept up throughout the past decades.

Especially during the mid-2000's when they actually had little blurbs from the journalists on why a game won one of their awards. I always liked going back and seeing everyone declare Spore best game of all time three years before it actually came out.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

stev posted:

Did Geoff make that site in 2001?

Maybe? I just know he was always a part of it. Part of the Judge's Week, part of E3 in general since those days. Honestly always expected E3 to formally die out before he would cut himself from the event first.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

homeless snail posted:

pretty cool having a class in a lootgame that can only wear pants

Unlock different chest-hair patterns.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/AndyPlaytonic/status/1227967861022433282

These are the memories we'll never get to make again if E3 totally dies out.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/dkvine/status/1227915856845430784

Behold the one, true corn cob.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The goose is good, the gun is evil.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Official_AIAS/status/1228178941115912192

This one is the real head-scratcher.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Only if you think award shows are good.

Everyone learned that award shows were a sham back in 2005/2006 when RE4 wasn't nominated for anything because Capcom didn't actually belong to the AIAS at that time. Like they didn't care to pay the dues or something.

https://twitter.com/house_house_/status/1228216844185563137

Also I totally forgot there was a three year chunk where each of the three "B's" won GOTY here. And it's even worse in retrospect when you read about how Inquisition winning just made things for Bioware worse in the long run because the awards were just a reinforcement of sorts that the Bioware Magic could always come through in the end.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Is flossing already out of style for The Kids? Like they were all doing it two years ago but that's like forever ago in internet/current age time.

It's like how Mineccraft is already considered retro at this point by some of the youngest of adults. Like if you got into the game into the game in grade school in the year(s) it came out you're like, either about to finish high school, finished it, or even maybe you've gotten a college degree by this point.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

They will bring back HOME for the PS5. Enhanced by PSVR, the reborn Home will become the final frontier of forum socializing.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Shout out to the two shots cameo-directed by Tarantino in the Sonic movie BTW.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Do not Google search for Cherry the Animal Crossing dog.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I said come in! posted:

I am sad that Porter is gone, but Orville is my new traveling friend.

Porter has shape-shifted back into his Champ persona.

The two can never exist at the same time because they are one.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm glad Pom Poko exists so that we can use it as an origin story for Tom Nook instead of needing a Live action-CGI AC movie someday. And yes I know there was already an animated Animal Crossing movie but that didn't delve into his past and reasons at all.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gripweed posted:

Am I crazy in thinking we don't need a Tom Nook origin story?

No you're right but Pom Poko is as good an origin story as any for him.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/HeyItsNasse/status/1231139328102936576

Is this career suicide?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Looking at everything going on in Nevada today and I can only come to the conclusion that New Vegas was a documentary of how things work in that state politically and not just fiction.

Caravan is real.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is Gamestop dying for real for real.

I feel like I've been reading "yep they're dead for good" for a couple years now and I'm still able to walk into mine and nothing is really wrong there so :shrug:

Having new hardware to sell would probably help them sustain themselves a little bit longer at least.

So if either of those new boxes get delayed to early next year that would probably be very bad for the Stop.

GameStop not, not Stop and Shop.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SeXReX posted:

EA announced it's pulling out of GDC so they won't be doing any of their patented "well we just spent more money than any one person in this room right now will ever see on their life developing it" talks

Also Capcom and Square-Enix are nixing their PAX East events.

Aside from NOA showing off Animal Crossing with just a big demo area no panels or anything I don't exactly know what companies are showing up at PAX this weekend.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
At this point the ESA could just cancel the E3 Expo itself this June instead of having whatever they're trying to do that got Geoff to drop them blow up in their faces.

Especially since their plans seem to revolve around "Gamers and Influencers from around the world congregate HERE at our expo!!" so it seems like they want to be...a worse version of PAX and Gamescom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Man if the 2020 Olympics get canceled, I hope someone leaks the script for the opening ceremony if that happens. I wanna know if it tries to match the London one in absurdity.