Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pharohman777 posted:

Man, the new ff7 remake preview has touched off a bit of a Twitter brawl in the lgbtq community.

Crossdressing cloud was shown off, and a bunch of 'cloud is trans' memes were made... followed immediately by cries that declaring a crossdresser a trans person is transphobic/really problematic'.

Crossdressers and men who like to do traditionally feminine things but still identify as male really dont like being identified/misidentified as trans.
Or it being done to others.

This was inevitable, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Platinum got a bunch of money from tencent, what happened to that?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The Last Of Us 2 to feature a hardcore QTE sex scene

https://twitter.com/DualShockers/status/1224097299212562432?s=20

This is 100% going to be a horrible rape scene, I bet. We need to stop these companies that think they're fine art

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDMz2ml0gw

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

Legit doubt it. That'd be way too obvious and cliché.

I'm guessing there's gonna be dead naked people strung up, and the only "sexual content" will be Ellie kissing her girlfriend. Any same-sex kissing gets rated as "mature sexual content" because, you know, gay.

Millions of terrible films use rape to give their films 'gravitas' and 'some real visible stakes' so I'm not going to put it past them. And given where ND has been going with wanting their games to be super cinematic and the last of us being a post-apoc nightmare land you can see where my assumption comes from.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pathfinder kingmaker update: Nyrissas mansion broke me, it's maybe the worst thing I've ever seen in a crpg and I just bottomed out the difficulty to get through it

If you make a crpg and every enemy encounter has multiple stat drain spells they spam, please go gently caress yourself

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Example: each wild hunt character gets wild gaze as a free action. You're normally fighting 5-6 of them and they cast it constantly, meaning you're doing something like 50 will save rolls per round. Wild hunt mages will constantly cast cloudkill and plague swarm, which do Constitution damage each round if you fail their saves. Mandragora swarms, which usually come in packs of 5, have four attacks per round, each of which does 1d4 strength damage on hit. Ghostly guards, which normally come in packs of five or more, and they spam corrupting touch, which does something like 2d10 damage and 1d4 strength damage. This is every fight, it's nothing but ability damage you have to micromanage. Also the game throws a curve ball at you and if you don't do companion quests the right way (and sometimes even if you do because kingmaker is incredibly buggy) you're going to permanently lose a companion.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't believe MK is out, that game literally just came out

also lol at granblue, horny gacha games get fighters now??

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Seems like a good policy to me.

Not really, unless you think video games are actual poison and you don't trust children or their parents to be able to handle themselves.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

as long as the spectre of the extremely dead meme bowsette hangs over these chat threads horny is likely

bowsette must die

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

interested in granblue fantasy but no one on the roster speaks to me

I like Charlotte's extremely dumb outfit and crown that is the size of her body but she's probably going to be played by gross weirdos so maybe I'll go with mantitty mcgee

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Asking a friend who plays granblue and apparently all men in granblue have prominent titty

Why is granblue so horny? Are they going for the horny gacha audience?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

al-azad posted:

Gumball is millennial nerd nostalgia the show. OK KO is also really good. There’s a gay couple and one of them is straight up Tom Guycott from Clash at Demonhead. They somehow convinced Sega to do a Sonic episode and he’s posed the same as an Easter egg from Crusader of Centy.

They named a character Dendy and she has a great episode about conflicting feelings as a fan of a problematic hobby, it’s great.

wait dendy like the bootleg console?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why is Avengers a lootgame

Edit: Also I read about how it's supposed to have multiplayer but you can't double up on characters, seems bad

Disney won't let you play as two hulks what if you dilute the brand :stonk:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

5 is fun with a friend. 6 is fun with Leon and Chris's stories but Sherry and Jake's plotline is loving miserable.

Kerrzhe posted:

this was cool until they showed the chick by the train with the fuckin molded torpedo tit armor and then fuckin cloud coming in at the end looking so unbelievably anime i just started laughing

Jessie is a good girl you leave her alone

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

That ff7 intro is really laying it on thick, when Aeris looked at the flower all sad I was like, “Yeah ok I get it”

FF7 is extremely political and I'm kind of curious how it's going to be received nowadays.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Convex posted:

Atmosfear came with a VHS tape. I was terrified of it and thought the man in the TV was real :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uchUe52-j74

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The spider mastermind has always been a woman! gently caress you id you hacks!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Trying to find out what the new sewer house characters look like post time skip but googling fire emblem yuri is getting me nowhere

Yuri might be one of the gayest characters I have ever seen in a Fire Emblem game, it's wild

He's got better eyeshadow than some women I know

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

drat, those heels

they heard the gay community bitching about their lack of options and made this the BL DLC

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Had my first day of work. Did so well at vendor management I completed a 2-day task in two hours.
Also my breaks and lunch count as pay.

protip: pretend like you're working for the rest of your allotted time, or they're going to pile so much poo poo on you you won't be able to breathe

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm glad he's eased back on the sponsorships, he had a long stretch where every video was sponsored and that can get really annoying.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm on team Aerith, but I couldn't tell you why if you asked. It's just something that I feel, deep in my heart.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

just gotta go full-on Batman Beyond

It's either this, a Nightwing game, or they're going to do the Damien Wayne thing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Games chat thread March: riding the Isabelle express to tom nook's little saint James

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Scarecrow rules and it's always a bummer to see him treated as the dumb joke bad guy. I blame that hack Nolan.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Horses were also prevalent in the region. His usual portrayal of riding an rear end is likely due to the literary / class significance but it's likely he also rode horses around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Have you ever noticed that the word "disease" is dis-ease. Which kinda feels like underselling most of the time.

My absolute favorite KOL joke is a retired one where you have to beat the vicious easel by using a disease, which turns it into an l that can't fight you so you win