Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

Very hyped for Granblue Fantasy Versus and didn't know it was coming out February 6.

Only in Japan unfortunatly, we have to wait till March :negative:

Guess I should try the mobile game while I'm waiting, people seem to like it

e:
Happy Day-Before-Birthday ONE YEAR LATER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

Did anyone here happen to buy the Japanese version of Granblue Fantasy Versus? I was wondering if that version of the game has an english text option, or maybe if the general Asia release that came out today too, has it? I don't want to be patient for the American version.

Bit late to this, but playasia says the Asia release has English subtitles, so I assume the menus etc. are translated too.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
So the five or so PSO fans left in Europe may be pleased to know this:

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1222967403895611392

:unsmith:

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Yeah PSO has always been marketed as an MMO, even if it had barely any of the features you'd expect from one. Apparantly PSO2 is more MMOish but I havn't played it myself so I can't say for sure.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

It's really not an MMO at all. The Destiny social features comparison is more accurate. You have a social hub that you log into and you'll come across other players running around. Otherwise when you do quests, you are spawning your own private instance and you can invite like 3 other players to join you. The game though has no open world design of any kind. You're just traveling to small dungeons.

Are you talking about 1 or 2? If the former then I agree it wasn't an MMO, but this didn't stop Sega marketing it as one. I guess 'shared world' would be a better term nowadays?

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Have Capcom ever called Monster Hunter an MMO? I think a company saying their game is an MMO has a big effect on weather people consider it to be an MMO.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

Only one tiny section of the game is shared though.

So maybe just calling it an online RPG is most accurate? I think my brains still stuck at the time where any multiplayer online RPG was called an MMO, regardless of how many players could enter the same instance at once.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Stux posted:

heaven or heck is number 1, wheel of fate is turning rebel 1 is second. ive only just seen this one but its gotta be third:

The game this comes from is called Under Night In-Birth exe late[st]. It has entire paragraphs of fighting game nonsense and it's amazing :allears:

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Cowcaster posted:

does this stuff make sense in japanese and it's just a butchered translation or is it just supposed to be that way

Normally the former, possibly the later for the Under Night games. I think the devs are just taking the piss at this point.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Your avatar says otherwise

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Thankfully we are not short of good clickfest ARPGs.

e: Wasn't D2 a mess on launch too? I remember hearing about a boss killing lots of players before their PCs finished loading the area the boss was in.

a glitch fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 6, 2020

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

stev posted:

When's PoE2 coming out anyway? The trailer for that looked good fun.

The beta won't be till 'very late 2020' so I imagine we're looking at early to mid 2021.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

stev posted:

Oh no.

We'll be able to effectively ignore all of the PoE1 content right? I never want to look at that poo poo again.

I think when rolling a new character you'll choose between the original campaign or the new 7-act one.

quote:

Path of Exile 2 is a new seven-act storyline that is available alongside the original Path of Exile 1 campaign. Both the old and new storyline lead to the same shared Atlas endgame. Path of Exile 2 retains all expansion content that has been created over the last six years and introduces a new skill system, ascendancy classes, engine improvements and more.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

Path of Excel lmao. Thanks folks, you've been great.

Wolcen is coming out with a full release next week. I bought the EA demo of that and I think it could be really good.

I was literally about to ask if anyone had played Wolcen! It certainly looks good but I don't know poo poo about it's systems - is there a decent writeup or video explaining the basics? If it's about as complex as Grim Dawn (which I see as being a middle point between D3 and PoE) then I would be very interested.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Volte posted:

What game will dare to be the first with an entire skill forest

Does the improved version of Final Fantasy X count? If not then Path of Exile is defenetly uses a skill forest.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

al-azad posted:

Is path of exiles good as just a single player loot rpg? I want kill monsters while making numbers go up

The drops are balanced in a way that assumes you'll be trading/haggling with others, but there are a few builds that claim not to require this.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

al-azad posted:

Sort of similar to Divine Divinity which I liked fine enough but drat is it balanced like poo poo where a single skill point is the difference between doing 0 damage and one hit killing.

This was also a thing in Divinity 2: DKS and Original Sin 1's early game. I didn't play enough of either to see weather it was true for the rest of those games but Larian seems fond of the trope.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Infinitum posted:

This hand of mine is Burning Red

It tells me you should check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tpf8kteCSk

Oh gently caress yes. Alliance vs ZAFT on the PS2 was brilliant but I had no idea these games where getting localised now.

How was online play on the previous game? Online modes on Japanese games seem to vary quite wildly, particuarly fighting games.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

cheetah7071 posted:

I kind of want a reptile pet

IRL or in a potential Demon's Souls remaster?

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
They find a way to revive her late in part 3 but she's now a zombie who craves human flesh.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
I'm playing through the Resident Evil games and I just finished 7! I think I preferred it over 4 but they're so different it's hard to compare them.

Next up is REmake, does anyone know if the PC port of that was any good? There's a review on Steam that mentions a slowdown bug, but that's from 2015.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

Sonic Mania is extremely good. The first Sonic Advance is also quite fun, not quite up to S3&K quality but a very good 2D sonic that manages to incorporate the then-current character designs and abilities without feeling like too much of a departure gameplay-wise. Sonic Advance 2 and 3 have serious issues, though.

Pretty much every other Sonic game after the Genesis is a mixed bag at best, including Sonic CD.

I thought the rush games were pretty good :shobon: they are New Sonic as gently caress though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
If I saw Miyamoto shaking his head because of something I did I wouldn't need to be kicked out - I'd just leave in shame.