Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lets hang out posted:

is someone getting dangerously obsessed with a fake vtuber from a video game promotional ARG cyberpunk?
btw, coco made almost 9 million yen today in her first monetized stream lmao

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i hate the future

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

homeless snail posted:

btw, coco made almost 9 million yen today in her first monetized stream lmao

Holy poo poo. Guess that's before YouTube's 30% and whatever Hololive takes.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i assume she's also got a sponsor behind her taking a cut too

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i assume she's also got a sponsor behind her taking a cut too
thats what hololive is, they probably get the biggest chunk of it because they're the ones that actually own the characters and do all the art and tech stuff

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Songbearer posted:

I want to gently caress Monokuma

you can do better

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching SonicFox train in GranBlue Fantasy Versus. I hope this is his new favorite fighting game, cause Mortal Kombat XI sucks.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SonicFox was doing pretty well in SoulCalibur before dropping it to focus on DBZ and MK

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am jealous cause it looks like the developer gave them an advance copy of the English release. None of the versions released in Japan, other Asian countries, have english that i'm aware of.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I opened up spooky's stream of gbvs for like 3 seconds the other day and it had English text on screen (it was a win quote) but idk maybe he got an early copy too

al-azad
May 28, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Pretty much every third-person action game made between 2012-2017 had some kind of "press button to highlight stuff in the environment" function. I think developers have mostly gotten better about this as time has gone on.

Even Persona 5 had it. Honestly I would take detective vision over the "open world sonar" seen in games like No Man's Sky or Death Stranding. If given a choice let me toggle that poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

I am jealous cause it looks like the developer gave them an advance copy of the English release. None of the versions released in Japan, other Asian countries, have english that i'm aware of.

The Hong Kong/SEA version has English text.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

The Hong Kong/SEA version has English text.

Thank you! I had been misinformed about this based on sources else where. Went ahead and bought the HK version.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

precision posted:

As bad as it is I actually think RPO is worse because Kluwe is at least kind of trying and isn't just listing off names of movies or games or bands

Unrelated, I am now addicted to Bimbuñuelos. They're ridiculously tasty.

You should try jalebi. Local restaurant makes fresh batches and I'll buy a pound at a time.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the delight in reading new food names i've never seen before and looking forward to trying them out followed by the crushing disappointment finding out that they're sweets and pastries

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
we got sidetracked for a long time but, in preparation for Sonic Day 2020, my gf and i have continued our trek through the series and are now up to Sonic Adventure. thoughts so far:
-why is there so much shredding guitar now
-why is Sonic running around a normal human city
-why is his face (and no one else's) so wiggly and overexpressive during cutscenes
-the more photorealistic environments are way less fun than the colorful spritework in the genesis levels
-did people like this when it came out?
-why isn't there a mobile chao garden game

sonic adventure owns

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Looper posted:

we got sidetracked for a long time but, in preparation for Sonic Day 2020, my gf and i have continued our trek through the series and are now up to Sonic Adventure. thoughts so far:
-why is there so much shredding guitar now
-why is Sonic running around a normal human city
-why is his face (and no one else's) so wiggly and overexpressive during cutscenes
-the more photorealistic environments are way less fun than the colorful spritework in the genesis levels
-did people like this when it came out?
-why isn't there a mobile chao garden game

sonic adventure owns

All of these questions can be answered with, “Because it was a Dreamcast game.”

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I enjoyed Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, though they're honestly p bad games

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I remember Sonic Adventure being kind of divisive when it came out but I liked it, at least enough to finish the game. I think people were down with the Sonic levels but really didn't like the Big the Cat and Knuckles segments.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

People were way too generous to those games when they came out because it was 3D sonic with a STORY, and he goes SUPER SAIYAN, but they're really bad. They don't hold up, and replaying them if you have fond memories of them will make you realize you manufactured those memories. There's really nothing good in those games except for the soundtrack, especially 2's (minus the knuckles raps which are incredibly phoned in).

That's why the backlash against Sonic Heroes didn't make sense to me. It was just more of the same, but apparently people's expectations were based on their false memories of SA, not the actual games.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

i play on mouse and keyboard because i'm a PC gamer and that's what i'm used to :(

That is not, nor has it ever been, a defining quality of PC gamery. If anything, as a PC Gamer, you should point to your wealth of potential controllers, joysticks, and that thing you plug into your butt for rumble.

What kind of PC Gamer don't have they own controller? A shameful PC Gamer.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

I remember Sonic Adventure being kind of divisive when it came out but I liked it, at least enough to finish the game. I think people were down with the Sonic levels but really didn't like the Big the Cat and Knuckles segments.

oh no

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Whenever I think of 3D Sonic, I think of Sonic Heroes, and get the theme song stuck in my head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImOO7JUo1H0

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I like Sonic Mania and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Both are very fun and the second has the bonus of being fully playable in split screen even in career mode, so I can try to unlock stuff while my son aimlessly drives the wrong way and falls off cliffs :v:

Other games, where Sonic talks, are strange and unusual and I don't very much care for them

also I have a feeling I may have made this exact post previously in one of these threads

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Khanstant posted:

That is not, nor has it ever been, a defining quality of PC gamery. If anything, as a PC Gamer, you should point to your wealth of potential controllers, joysticks, and that thing you plug into your butt for rumble.

What kind of PC Gamer don't have they own controller? A shameful PC Gamer.
It may not be a defining quality now, but it sure was back in the DOS days, when we had to calibrate joysticks with every game because back then PCs' joystick interface was a piece of poo poo, as were most compatible sticks, and then the calibration would drift off as you played. Some joysticks even had knobs you could fiddle with to try and recenter your calibration mid-play, which worked just about as well as you'd expect.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sonic goes super saiyan in sonic 2 tho... heck he goes super saiyan 2 in sonic 3 and knuckles

this game has a dumpster fire of a camera surprising nobody but it's still fun. we're just on sonic's story so far though

what's weird is going from open your heart blasting on the title screen to like, windy valley or twinkle park. a lot of these levels still kinda have the feel of the cute genesis stuff so the plot just gets that much more jarring

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

the delight in reading new food names i've never seen before and looking forward to trying them out followed by the crushing disappointment finding out that they're sweets and pastries

My main complaint about Cook Serve Delicious 3 is that there are comedic historical descriptions for a bunch of the dishes and I almost would rather read real ones to learn more about them

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Convex posted:

I like Sonic Mania and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Both are very fun and the second has the bonus of being fully playable in split screen even in career mode, so I can try to unlock stuff while my son aimlessly drives the wrong way and falls off cliffs :v:

Other games, where Sonic talks, are strange and unusual and I don't very much care for them

also I have a feeling I may have made this exact post previously in one of these threads

Sonic Mania is extremely good. The first Sonic Advance is also quite fun, not quite up to S3&K quality but a very good 2D sonic that manages to incorporate the then-current character designs and abilities without feeling like too much of a departure gameplay-wise. Sonic Advance 2 and 3 have serious issues, though.

Pretty much every other Sonic game after the Genesis is a mixed bag at best, including Sonic CD.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sonic cd is very bad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sonic 3d blast

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

sonic cd is very bad
its so bad, and i'm tired of 20 years of people saying its the good one

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Chev posted:

It may not be a defining quality now, but it sure was back in the DOS days, when we had to calibrate joysticks with every game because back then PCs' joystick interface was a piece of poo poo, as were most compatible sticks, and then the calibration would drift off as you played. Some joysticks even had knobs you could fiddle with to try and recenter your calibration mid-play, which worked just about as well as you'd expect.

Yeah that ended in the year 2000, 20 years ago...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

good things about sonic cd

the intro
the soundtrack
that one part on the first level where you go up the loop and the camera turns

bad things about sonic cd

everything else

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there has not ever been a good Sonic game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what about, sonic blastman

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

there has not ever been a good Sonic game
sonic 2 is Good, 3&knuckles is Fine, generations + mania are Okay

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

Sonic Mania is extremely good. The first Sonic Advance is also quite fun, not quite up to S3&K quality but a very good 2D sonic that manages to incorporate the then-current character designs and abilities without feeling like too much of a departure gameplay-wise. Sonic Advance 2 and 3 have serious issues, though.

Pretty much every other Sonic game after the Genesis is a mixed bag at best, including Sonic CD.

I thought the rush games were pretty good :shobon: they are New Sonic as gently caress though.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Only Sonic game I played was on the game gear, its level select code was how I learnt what left and right are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

christmas morning 200X
playing Sonic Adventure 2 and Super Mario Sunshine on my new gamecube
mother: "so which one is better? mario or sonic"
"sonic is cooler but mario is more fun"

Just some wisdom for you guys from past me