Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I loved this war of mine, and I liked Frostpunk but I played it about 5 times and finished the 3 scenarios. Is that it unless I buy DLC? Seems a little sparse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I'm doing Loc Muinne in Witcher 2 which I've been playing for about 4 years at this point, on and off. I have spent about an hour there so far. How large is this section? I mean, how long is it? I'm sort of done with this game but I want to see it through and FINALLY play Witcher 3.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Finally finishing up mass effect 3. I had a fantastic moment where I upgraded the geth, all the quarians stupidly refused to stop attacking them and were murdered, and then Tali committed suicide and I ignored the paragon mouse click to ?? save her?? or whatever. I hated her and when the mission started I thought "this rear end in a top hat again" so I'm glad she's dead. I hope the game continues to deliver, never played it before

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I just looked it up. Pillars of eternity was so unenjoyable. Surely it wasn't made by obsidian! *checks internet* Oh. Huh. Did I change or did they change?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
The Thing (1982) is my favorite movie of all time. It's fantastic.

PantsBandit posted:

So I did actually play through most of Control but to me they didn't handle that stuff as well as Prey does. The constant redactions seem like a lazy writing tool, and there's a lot of documents that just add flavor to the organization without actually having any relevance to the story.

A friend told me 'try control, the best game ever' after I replayed Prey and said it was one of my favorite games of all time. Control was not a great experience for me. I found it too hard. The story was ok. I also saw a quote saying "every single redaction in Control is masterfully placed" and, what? No.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Playing Mass effect 3 and trying to get a "good" ending. I installed a mod for readiness reading increases but I saw it only applies to assets you get after you install it. That doesn't work, I'm at the end of the game!

So I'm actually playing the multiplayer. It's pretty fun! But I had to take a break and now I've been waiting to connect to other players for about ten minutes. Last time there was no wait! gently caress! This game is very dead. I probably only need about 2 or 3 more successful matches so I'll manage, but I'd rather be doing anything else with my time other than waiting.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I have Leviathan. I've got 58% readiness and about 50k (or 5k?) war assets (the bar is almost full). Is there low, medium and good? Or just bad and good endings?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah my effective military strength is 3338. Looks like my readiness decreased from 59 -> 58 while I was trying to connect to a game, lol

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I finally finished Mass effect 3! The ending was good, I chose merge humans and machines . Not sure why I have been reading about a bad ending, for the past 6ish years.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Hm. It was great until the credits, then the credits happened, then there was a stupid scene about 'tell me about the great Shepard, grandfather', and then ... it spat me back out into the game pre-assuault-cerberus-base? That was very weird! But I still enjoyed the ending.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I started dishonored in maybe 2013 and I finished it today! So far this year I've done Yakuza 0, Mass effect 3, resident evil 3, Witcher 2, and now Dishonored! I'm so proud of myself! So is the DLC worth playing?I bought it ages ago and I have dishonored 2 which is entirely unplayed, should I just move on to #2?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks! I'll make a point of playing it before 2 then. But for now... still so many unfinished games!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
- I played chrono trigger in about 1999 and used save states only. I then used up all of my save states on an unwinnable early lavos battle (I had no idea!) and that was the end of that run.
- I then played it on my ds in about 2010 and got about as far and then someone stole my DS.
- I then started it again in 2017 and got pretty far (maybe 2/3rds of the way through?) and just tried to find my saves and they were gone, retroarch wasn't there any more. After a lot of googling I figured out where they were, and loaded them, and thank god! Maybe I can finally finish it!

Also I'm being a nerd and listing to video game music and am listening to some Nier: Automata now. I remember being loving BLOWN AWAY when I first went into the hacking minigame and the music track seamlessly turned into an 8-bit track. The song I'm listening to right now does that too. That game was so loving good.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have tried beans with pasta and my brain cannot reconcile it, it recoils the same way whenever I see Brits with beans on toast.

Beans only work with rice and/or tortillas, I try to have an eclectic palate but I can't get past this

Brits eat baked beans in tomato sauce. Most of the beans I see here in the states are unsauced and possibly uncooked canned beans. Those don't go well on toast! The heinz baked beans in tomato sauce (And various store brands) are a totally different food to kidney beans/black beans/garbanzo beans (chick peas)/etc that you commonly see in cans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ok so here's my backlog that I'm currently working on. There's a lot more that I haven't started or am unable to play due to ps4 being repaired or I'm not currently concentrating on. Please vote and tell me which game to finish next.

sekiro (on final boss, lol)
chrono trigger (3/4 of the way through, never finished it before)
life is strange 2 (mid ep 2)
kentucky route 0 (mid? ep 1)
atelier lydie and suelle (halfway)
dying light (3/4 of the way through the original game)
Mario Odyssey (about to start seaside kingdom)