Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
bowsette is my valentine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

The only time I've ever thrown a controller was at the final choice of Life Is Strange. Should've seen it coming, but, well, whiskey.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Songbearer posted:

The wife and I are most likely going to be getting our first catte this month :3:
A cat is the difference between a home and a collection of rooms in which you sleep and store your stuff. Excellent decision.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Good christ no, perish the thought

My family's had cattes in the past and I consider every scratch and bite a blessing, all our furniture is secondhand stuff anyway so it can go ham

E: No catte yet so here's my Palico

Your Palico looks like my Palico which looks like my cat.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Obra Dinn would have been better without puzzle durability. Also it starts raining and then you can't climb the mast any more.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

don't do this

Obra Dinn would have been more successful if it had gone free to play with one guess per day or pay for more. Also daily quests and microtransactions for player customization.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

tired boosette wired goosette

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

I just finished A Plague Tale. This is a good game (on Game Pass) that people should play and is very much suited to being played one couple-hour chapter at a time which I imagine is good to know for those of you that have lives outside gaming.

Gaius, however, thinks a couple hours at a time is too much for the opposing viewpoint.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

precision posted:

When you go to change your PSN name, it gives you suggestions, and they are amazing and horrible

jaggy-beef4
wifely-kitchen9
clerical_phone
unborn_once
lengthy_surmise
thirsty-drawl
prolific_shame
unwaged_banquet
doughy_wizard

I'll take doughy_wizard unless someone else wants it, in which case I'll take prolific_shame.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Just completed: Heaven's Vault.

The good: Very nice feel to the learning of language and history intertwined. The depth of the history thus learned is enough to keep my interest throughout. Excellent characterization and music. Worth completing and holds up until the end.

The not so good: Gameplay is slow and a bit repetitive. Definitely a game to play in hour-long chunks every so often instead of mainlining. Translation gameplay is *almost* excellent and then gets forced into English syntax.

The cat:

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Spinball was the best Sonic.

Controllers are best for anything that isn't an RTS or a puzzle game. Ergonomics, yo.

Really my only opinion on Final Fantasies is that there needs to be a game where the gambit system is the entire core of the game. I bailed from whichever one that was when I realized it wasn't a huge deal in gameplay. Other than that I've only played 6, which was good, but fine with leaving the series at that. (On that note, what's a pokemon?)

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Treat that poo poo like a Kulu-ya-ku and beat the piss outta it

E: I can't give you my catte for a snipe because I'm getting her tommorow aaaaaaaaaaah so excited

Tomorrow's gonna be an F5 kinda day.

Also I figured out why I bounced off of MH:W before. I wasn't using the gunlance. That thing's fun.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Shadow Songbearer has landed :3:

She's incredibly confident and loves to explore. She basically follows the nearest person around and loves giving headbumps :3:

She seems a little overcautious about getting onto furniture which makes me think maybe her past owners discouraged it but she's welcome to go wherever she likes and claw up whatever she wants. She's only been at home for a few hours but the way she acts she could've been here for a year. I'm so happy to have her in my life!

That is a good cat!

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

i've been the one making tons of accounts and rating this thread 1 because i have a crush on someone in it

aww thx

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Best tactics is Disgaea and getting the positioning just right to A. unload ten attacks in a row into a single target B. throw a chain of people to the end of the map and work your way back C. use above to clear an entire geo board in one turn. Positioning is also why Into the Breach is second best tactics.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Work is good because if you work you can get money to buy cat food to feed your cat.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

I have a nigh-infinite steam backlog so of course I'm doing jigsaw puzzles in my browser instead.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Playing: Shadow of the Red Alert Hunter World also Jigsaw Planet
Need to get back to: Breath of the Disco Route Zero also Tametsi

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is brilliant. Lara the world-famous archaeologist is more than happy to break down walls and murals and destroy entire tombs to get some silver trinkets, that's old news and a game about cleaning pottery shards with toothbrushes sounds boring. But she's also more than happy to rob an entire village blind to restock her inventory. Why not, let's go ahead and take that skin being dried on a rack in someone's hut, I'm sure they're not using it.

She could, I suppose, use all those carefully placed hiding walls and extra paths to sneak around and kill cultists quietly one by one (or maybe just go by and not kill people?) - or, well, they have bows and arrows and she has an assault rifle, so that sounds easier. At least death cults are always a safe choice for being killed.

I'm not sure what else I was expecting, really.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Humphreys posted:

Most people have fun when they play vidya

:hmmno:

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

I need your help thread:

Aeri69420

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

I keep seeing kids complaining in roblox about getting scammed by trust trades.

A trust trade is literally someone you don't loving know comes up to you and say "hey do you wanna do a trust trade" and what it's supposed to be is you give them something really rare and valuable for nothing and then after the trade they'll trade you back something as valuable or twice as valuable and give you the item you gave them initially. Instead what happens is you give your poo poo to someone and they loving leave and then there are lots of complaints in chat about people getting scammed.

It's dumb!!

If you get the original item back, how is it a trade? I'd also say something about jobs at startup companies if my labor were really rare and valuable, but it's very much not which entirely ruins the comparison.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

the next evolution of gacha games is just getting random games that self destruct

ooh you wanted animal crossing sorry that's a double decker ultra rare, here's your copy of BMXXX, good for 2 hours

game durability

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

What I don't understand is how Gamers find weed to smoke in the first place. Don't you have to like go outside and talk to people? Can I just type "/weed" into steam chat?

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

If the Bern flames out it'll be because Warren rallied and she's even better, so no worries there. We still have the research ability to handle coronavirus, and it's not as if it spreads by wifi to infect the terminally online. And we have games! So many great games!

Edit: also cats

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

:boom:

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Games are totally fetch.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

What’s the most Marxist video game console

A console that minimizes control by the bourgeoisie and allows as much as possible of the proletariat to produce their own material?

Or Marxism as dialectical materialism as opposed to an emphasis on intangible principles and systems?
https://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/X39.81 :shrug:

Or, I guess, the original gameboy because it came with Tetris. That works too.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

I have completed Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It was entirely adequate.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

I use save slot 1. Then get distracted, come back to the game months later forgetting how to play and what I was doing, and start a new game in save slot 2 and get farther this time. Sometimes there's then a save slot 3.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Make my cat love me as much as I love it

My hand is a webwork of scratches now because God knows when I'm going to hit the gently caress You timer when I'm petting her in the one of two Sanctioned Petting Zones in the four second timeframe she gives me

You may need practice.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Doesn't matter if I starve in covid quarantine, what's important is that my cat stays fed. I can get by on my steam backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

That other thread can't be real, there's no Bowsette vote.