Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
fyi, Dreams comes out on valentines day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

crossing the streams

thought that would be a nintendo ip

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are they talking a follow-up or a port of it, I would like to play the original but since the Wii U basically didn't exist it needs to be on a different platform

ports for now (as in not just for the switch)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

being locked into a daily routine game feels somewhat enervating.

I know and abhor that feeling, unfortunately game publishers love their active user stats so some form of daily login carrot dangling is almost everywhere now (I was surprised it was absent from borderlands 3). One of the reasons I decided to just never pick up Arena at all, despite loving limited and not really being able to afford playing paper anymore.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

everything was going so well this weekend that I had to get a migraine with an ocular aura and now it's tough to see and I HATE THIS SO MUCH

body WHY

i'm guessing you already have your own way of dealing with it, but lying down, relaxing and making sure to be well fed helps when i have those. i only started getting them recently (thought i was spontaneously going blind at first).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Would you prefer if it was promoting the donut-shape that basically every game with an overworld has had?

do you have a spiffy gif to demonstrate this?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

:thumbsup:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

For all their bullshit, I am thankful to Bethesda for keeping Arkane alive and producing AAA high risk titles no other publisher would touch

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

stev posted:

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't continue to collaborate with Platinum since they developed his only successful game.

Akihiko Yoshida deserves at least half the credit for that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What'd they do?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

funimation still technically sony owned?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

no, because its still broadcasting. they license stuff before it even airs now and then put out their subs within days. even their dubs now are like a week after the original airing.

guess they didn't ask?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i do wonder if they're some unwritten (or written) agreement between atlus and sony to keep the newer mainline games off competing systems.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Stux posted:

switch lite is way better than older ones

how come?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Stux posted:

because the 3ds and the ds were engineered to destroy human hands

meant about the switch lite being more comfortable

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Stux posted:

its more comfortable than the 3ds and ds because its a normal shape.

did i misunderstand or did you also mean that the switch lite is more ergonomic than the regular switch? i just assumed they would handle similarly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

my thumbs can't take more than a few hours with the vita. there's just not enough space to grip when your thumbs are that low.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Stux posted:

low? the only time the vita isnt comfortable is when u play a launch game that wont turn off back touchpad, otherwise its lovely

well i can't ever get a comfortable grip. i think it's because of how tense your hand is when your thumbs are that low whilst your index fingers have to be outstretched a bit (but still curved) to support and keep the console upright. the index finger is in a much more neutral position when holding e.g. a gameboy.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

can't remember what fairly recent game i'm thinking of, but you could unlock (or buy?) a fox skin for your dog in it. might have been an ubisoft game?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

speaking of game names, i just realized the fifth gears is just Gears 5, no "of War"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

precision posted:

Why don't you give this much poo poo to the poster that's actually, constantly, unironically horny

Like I'm just fuckin around and I legit just thought Booette was cute, not freakin "sexy"

I like outfits and fashion and playing dress up, I'm pretty drat queer in that way

Didn't you call your attraction half half?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

precision posted:

I meant that I'm stereotypically queer in my fashion obsessions. I watch Drag Race and all that nonsense. Which is more gender expression than sexuality, I think.

I'm pansexual and don't prefer any gender. I've mostly dated people who identify as female, but I've had sex with both traditional genders more or less equally yes

I think you misunderstood, but this is a dumb derail anyway

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

why was this being posted in gdq threads?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ah right, goons

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Roth posted:

Bought Far Cry New Dawn on humble and didn't realize it was a uplay key.

I am already being punished for buying a Far Cry game.

i liked it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

lmao this loving weenie it sucks he does good reports

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1225779205667000321?s=21

from the few times i've scene his professional mask slip, i think he's not just joking. he's a bit of a snob about his work.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

he has been in the crosshairs of the gg sphere more than a few times

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

the only thing i block on twitter are brands/advertisements. blocking is a sign of weakness imo

that's the one cool thing about twitter. since ads are in tweet form, muting/blocking the brand disables them. you've got no recourse if a dumb ad pops up on your mobile youtube feed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

tell me that's from fan fiction.net

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Motto posted:

Sonic still manages to be popular with new generations of kids despite everything; marketing is evidently one of the few things they haven't cocked up with that franchise over the years.
there's a reason mascots were so popular

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I just spent an hour and a half planning my Icewind dale party, I will understand if no one ever wants to talk to me again

How would you recommend someone approach these games if the closest thing to D&D they've played was Kotor?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/rickastley/status/1228696315158302721?s=20

they're FOMOing this? #tiktokgaming

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

It’s a little tricky, just because the combat mechanics are based on a archaic and in my opinion counterintuitive version of Dungeons and Dragons. I’d say a good place to start would be Baldur’s Gate 1 (Enhanced Edition, of course), as the prologue is a pretty good tutorial on how to move around and the basics of combat management. Baldur’s Gate 2 is the better game, but if I remember right, it does toss you into a non-trivial dungeon at the very start, with very little instruction on how anything works.

I guess my grand suggestion would be, play Baldur’s Gate 1 until you get bored. Don’t be afraid to lower the difficulty if you find yourself dying to random wolves, and play around with the auto-pause options until the real-time-with-pause system starts feeling comfortable. Then, try out Baldur’s Gate 2, which is the absolutely best version of this style of game.

Does EE make that big a differece? I've had the non EE infinity engine collection for a decade, basically untouched.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i'm susceptible to those tactics so i avoid them like the plague (also i got no money)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

funny to think there was a moment last gen when it looked like the series would stop being localized

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

precision posted:

Not only that, but in the case of Apex, it's not actually $10 every 3 months. If you buy a battle pass once and play the season, you get enough Apex Money to buy the next pass

$10 to play a multiplayer game forever is not a bad thing

that feeling of obligation to keep playing is what I hate. (broadly defined) fomo stresses me out, and can turn enjoyable games into chores

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

better than any graphics could, this piece single handedly sold me on the idea that i was embarking on the most epic of adventures. it was my first FF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kd8qdly2io

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

better than any graphics could, this piece single handedly sold me on the idea that i was embarking on the most epic of adventures. it was my first FF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kd8qdly2io

kinda wanna try xiii-2 after yt autoplay led me to some of its songs

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 17, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Prey letting you break down every single inventory item into crafting materials that you can then 3D print into any other item is loving genius. Once again goes to show that the more agency you can give the player to play the way they want the better.

I've been breaking everything down to make as many neuromods as possible. MUST SHOVE NEEDLES INTO FACE!

yup, it's a wonderful moment when you realize the power you've been given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Barudak posted:

The good Yu-gi-oh game just got announced for Pc, PS4, and Xbox. Switch to get an update to give it feature parity.

If you like single player card games Im not sure there is better.

i was all over the gameboy pkmn tcg game as a teen. i learned only last year that there was a japan only sequel (gave me something to play on the vita).