Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

who wants to be my thread valentine, I'm a hot commodity so be quick but do know that we are going to go see the Sonic movie on Valentine's day

this is a given

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Barudak posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 1, yep. Its really good because some of the laws are things you cant control because theyre automatic effects of critical hits.In 2 you just lose a bonus prize for breaking the law which is way better and more satisfying.

the no knockback law is only in ffta2, pretty sure. in the first game you could end up in a fight with all monsters while the "don't hurt monsters" law was active if you aren't paying attention and don't have any antilaw cards, but there aren't any you can trigger accidentally

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
that feeling when you're listening to a nice ocremix and then all of a sudden a nerd roleplaying as link starts rapping out of nowhere

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

four of the capcom five are returning courtesy of platinum, that's right, pn04 is real and its coming to the nintendo switch

now with ring fit support!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Looking forward to Platinum's take on Pikmin 4

that's the wonderful 101!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'd rather they make video games, personally

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

quote:

To help Wonder Red rescue the civilians from the villainous Gacha,

that's a little too real nowadays

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Most people just assume they must be a reasonable entity, but in reality the ESRB is just 10 guys in an office in middle America who watch VHS tapes of video game content and then check some boxes on what they saw.

honestly dream job

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

I want to help w101, but I need to know how they plan the translate the wiiu features over and what exactly ” remaster” will mean for the game. I really want all the w101 swag, though.

i hope the wii u features are just kinda excised because the tablet only areas were the worst part of the game

Gripweed posted:

Imagine a world where P.N.03 became the giant AAA franchise it deserved to be

the piano three lady is very pretty but they kinda forgot to finish the game!

The 7th Guest posted:

well the only game related thing i had to say was that the person on a previous page who said xenoblade x was the best xenoblade was correct

they, and you, are correct

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stux posted:

ps1 owned and had more bright and colorful fun games than n64 whos main non-nintendo titles were garbage like turok and bad resi port

don't take the bait don't take the bait...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
even aside from bk, you've got stuff like mischief makers, the goemons and bombermans, harvest moon, snowboard kids, space station silicon valley

pyf d list n64 game, mine's rocket robot on wheels

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the grass is always greener in glover

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
enough tainting this thread with bad sonic posts about weirdos, time for some good news

i got my release day tickets to the sonic movie

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

That was so kind of you, valentine, I'll get dinner (chili dogs of course)

don't forget the side of onion rings!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
why is there a fast food forum now :psyduck:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

How many thread derails happen every day on SA because of arguments about bbq or hot dogs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
but also lmao that talking about politics or the fast food companies themselves is against the rules

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mercury Crusader posted:

I need objective evidence to prove what the best console ever is. The most objective of facts. Show your work.

the wii u lets me play retro games up through itself except for a handful of n64 games and the 3ds, bless the wii u

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Walrus posted:

Welp over the weekend I gave The Witcher 3 another try. I really was not a huge fan at all the first time I played. I didn't like Geralt, the world seemed overly confusing and not well explained, and the controls and battle system I both hated. I didn't like the witcher sense and how all the quests seemed to be 'follow the glowy bits'

All of these complaints they either fixed or I was playing it wrong. This is a game that *demands* you take your time to enjoy it. The way that each area has these 'subplots' that tie through completely unrelated sidequests is fantastic (for example the hansel and gretel witches in Velen). Geralt is actually a pretty cool dude, and I like the world - watching the show (why I decided to give this another shot) and reading all the books and doing all the sidequests makes a HUGE difference. Playing on Hard difficulty means that I haven't overleveled 90% of my massive sidequest list, another big complaint I had last time I played - felt like it was hurrying me along. For some reason Geralt seems to control better - last time I played the Alternative mode had just been introduced and it feels way better than that so I guess they improved it? Also Witcher Sense is much much much less annoying when you can just tap it to get highlights and not have to deal with the obnoxious fisheye - unless that option was there prevously and I missed it.

Anyway. Everyone is right. This game is a masterpiece. If you like RPGs there is no excuse to not have played it.

what if i dislike cd project red and don't want to give them any money?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i hate playing games on my pc

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
all the last few pages have taught me is that i have no idea how to pronounce ahegao

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

True and also I'm just a huge piece of garbage, a wretched oaf unworthy of love or even base consideration, so go nuts my friend

a-are we still on for next Friday??

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Wait, the sexy humanoid Boo is called Boosette? I've been calling her Booette this whole time!

i think boosette is booster from super mario rpg

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I start my new job on Monday and will hopefully be able to spend some money on buying video games in the near future, huzzah!

oh hey congrats!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
please, i'm okay with more bowsette if it gets us away from these fake kirbys

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

acceptable

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Not 100% certain I am comfortable on this path....

also reading the last 10 pages of this thread have been wild. Good lord.

we're gonna get rated a two again :smith:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
maybe the super suck was within you the whole time...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
now why'd you have to bring up death stranding again we were doing so well

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
why'd you have to bring up verranicus we were doing so well!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Songbearer posted:

Meet Shadow Songbearer :3:

2 year old catte we're adopting from the Cats Protection League. Payment tomorrow and then we're scrambling to clean the house up ready for it to claim, I've already moved into a tent in the garden

now that's a good cat

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

he shows up a couple more times but i think at least one of them is optional. i think scholar added even more spots but i never played scholar because i didn't like dark souls 2.

scholar added a second recurring powerful enemy who pops out of nowhere to surprise you. i can't remember the name but it wields a scythe and acts more like an invader

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Hey yeah let me rank the ff7 party members

Cid
Red XIII
Aeris
Barett
Cloud
Vincent
Tifa
Yuffie
Cait Sith

That's all of them?

cid is the worst party member in ff7 by a country mile, this list is not canon

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
poo poo i could be the ideas guy just by tweeting at companies?? what have i been doing all this time...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
gibbis has irony poisoning

had? will have? has had? won't haven't?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i think ff5 actually kinda benefits from the fiesta restrictions. normally you've got a ridiculous number of options at any given time and you're splitting your jp between all of them while at the same time able to choose the easiest solution to any problem. the fiesta gets you more engaged with the battle system and lets you use your available jobs to their fullest

there are some combinations that aren't ideal but on the whole ff5 is an absurdly well balanced game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
is there a job that lets me lay around like a useless sack of garbage all day

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i had a dream last night where nintendo showcased a direct of nothing but jrpgs...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the first three harry potter games on gamecube are pretty fun (though very janky) zelda-like adventure games. and the two gbc games are really cute rpgs. and lego harry potter is good. these are my harry potter game opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Just for a frame of reference: how old were you when you played these games?

i played most of them within the last year and stand by my assertions