Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Last Of Us 2 to feature a hardcore QTE sex scene

https://twitter.com/DualShockers/status/1224097299212562432?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

But I don't want to see a naked clicker

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chev posted:

No english text option AFAIK.

I guess I am forced to wait. :colbert: Its just one month though, but I am very excited.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Grapplejack posted:

Platinum got a bunch of money from tencent, what happened to that?

I think the money was mostly so they could start self-publishing, but the KSes are going to supplement development costs.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RBA Starblade posted:

But I don't want to see a clicker’s clacker

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Grapplejack posted:

Platinum got a bunch of money from tencent, what happened to that?

Kamiya needs his wine.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

kamiya seems more like a red bull and vodka man

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im ok with platinum trying to finally make some paper, get after it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'd rather they make video games, personally

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=wonderful%20101

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gripweed posted:

This is 100% going to be a horrible rape scene, I bet. We need to stop these companies that think they're fine art

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
A kickstarter for a platinum game with a $50k goal is just a marketing stunt but hey I'm here for it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
but kickstarter is bad

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Grapplejack posted:

This is 100% going to be a horrible rape scene, I bet. We need to stop these companies that think they're fine art

and congrats to TLOU 2 for winning game of the year at the keighleys 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/the-wonderful-101-remastered-announced-for-multiple-platforms-with-kickstarter-campaign

Kamiya posted:

Dangen Entertainment is helping us.

oh no

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDMz2ml0gw

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

What'd they do?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grapplejack posted:

Legit doubt it. That'd be way too obvious and cliché.

I'm guessing there's gonna be dead naked people strung up, and the only "sexual content" will be Ellie kissing her girlfriend. Any same-sex kissing gets rated as "mature sexual content" because, you know, gay.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

njsykora posted:

You can totally fail if you can't get the early cashflow going, otherwise known as making the mistake on building diagnosis rooms instead of treatment rooms. That risk goes away once you can build rooms like Psychiatry and the Ward that pull double duty as diagnosis and treatment.

After the first couple hospitals, I realized I could pause time and just build the whole thing in one go. I burn a ton of money making every room 3+ prestige but still small, and I usually take out a couple of the loans to burn on even more staff and rooms. Seems to work out every time so far. A month or whatever of cashflow issues, then hospital picks up steam and I'm back in the black and oh god suddenly every GP office has a 8 person queue. vMY favourite part of the game, by far, is once the hospital is full of rooms and I got my three stars, jacking the gently caress out of everyone's pay, starting with the janitors and assistants. Do people talk about wages? One time I jacked one assistants pay all the way to max, just to see, and shortly after several other assistants became unsatisfied with their pay -- as they should be. I just curious if the game actually tracks relative wages or if it was just a coincidence.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so why the number 4 then

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Wow, Naughty Dog putting in the most demanded feature by Animal Crossing fans, before Nintendo even tells us whether or not they finally listened.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

oh yay, it's coming to PC (as a stretch goal, granted, but I have a feeling it'll happen anyway)

also, the Platinum 4 teaser website has been updated in a way that seems to support the theory that there are three more self-published game announcements coming

https://four.platinumgames.com/

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

I'm guessing there's gonna be dead naked people strung up, and the only "sexual content" will be Ellie kissing her girlfriend. Any same-sex kissing gets rated as "mature sexual content" because, you know, gay.

yeah its 1000% this

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

quote:

To help Wonder Red rescue the civilians from the villainous Gacha,

that's a little too real nowadays

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

precision posted:

Yeah it is worth noting that the ERSB is a total an absolute clownfuck shitshow that has no idea what they're doing.

Most people just assume they must be a reasonable entity, but in reality the ESRB is just 10 guys in an office in middle America who watch VHS tapes of video game content and then check some boxes on what they saw.

They were created in response to the government saying "we're gonna regulate videogames!" and then the game industry went "oh no, its cool, we'll do it ourselves!" and then did the absolute bare minimum.

The ERSB is an excuse, more than anything else.

Hope you're right, because ... yeah.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Most people just assume they must be a reasonable entity, but in reality the ESRB is just 10 guys in an office in middle America who watch VHS tapes of video game content and then check some boxes on what they saw.

honestly dream job

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

Millions of terrible films use rape to give their films 'gravitas' and 'some real visible stakes' so I'm not going to put it past them. And given where ND has been going with wanting their games to be super cinematic and the last of us being a post-apoc nightmare land you can see where my assumption comes from.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im going to go with the safer assumption of "homophobia"

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

im going to go with the safer assumption of "homophobia"

why not both

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

why not both

im an optimist

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm gonna pay extra for a bunch of useless crap and to get blocked on twitter by Kamiya.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i'm not going to pay anything but msrp or less for the game because rubes have already done the rest of the work for me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grapplejack posted:

Millions of terrible films use rape to give their films 'gravitas' and 'some real visible stakes' so I'm not going to put it past them. And given where ND has been going with wanting their games to be super cinematic and the last of us being a post-apoc nightmare land you can see where my assumption comes from.

I can see where you'd be AFRAID of that, but ND really do seem smarter than that. In uncharted 1, for example, Drake doesn't even "get the girl". They're pretty good about avoiding bad cliché

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is sexual violence a cliché? Yikes

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Phantasium posted:

i'm not going to pay anything but msrp or less for the game because rubes have already done the rest of the work for me

I'm not going to pay a penny because I own it on Wii U and don't like it there, either.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It can be, especially in post apocalyptic stuff

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

Is sexual violence a cliché? Yikes

I mean, whether its a cliche or a trope is splitting hairs. Its common to use to ramp up the stakes of a plot and its bad and lazy.

A rose by any other name.

https://www.lby3.com/wir/

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So W101 is out in April, so presumably it's pretty much done now and just needs cash for marketing and publishing right?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

stev posted:

So W101 is out in April, so presumably it's pretty much done now and just needs cash for marketing and publishing right?

Its a pre-order campaign lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't mind paying 30€ for a W101 port