Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

twee is a bad word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

man sokpop makes a lot of games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ariong posted:

Wow, check out the replies on this one to see this dude furiously making tweet after tweet reaffirming how little he cares and how cool he is for not caring , which he definitely doesn't.
https://twitter.com/chetfaliszek/status/1218570543219101696

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

congrats to andy reid

were there any video game ads during the super bowl

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i played some shadow hearts and it has a very odious beginning lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

shadow hearts starts with the main character trying to grab alice (co-protagonist) trump-style by the pussy (not literally but he asks if she feels tingly down there and reaches for it)

and then he finds her passed out, and debates raping her

then you get to a cannibal village and a gay accupuncturist inflicts gay panic on the male characters with every other line of dialogue

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

12 minutes looked cool back at E3, deathloop had a neat trailer but i suspect it is a GAAS planetsidey game (on a much smaller scale), elsinore's on my wishlist

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

platinum 4

1 - w101 ks of course
2 - bayonetta 3 trailer
3 - new IP that's a mobile game
4 - anarchy reigns 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1224377004776050693

this is a good one folks

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

well the only game related thing i had to say was that the person on a previous page who said xenoblade x was the best xenoblade was correct

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

in honor of the clusterfuck that is the iowa caucus, everyone should play a clusterfuck game like unlimited saga

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so play the ateliers then

e: on my ps3 digitally i have resonance of fate, tales of symphonia, god hand, castlevania lament of innocence, chrono cross, legend of mana, and scott pilgrim

e: e: i want the atelier dusk trilogy on switch but $90 is too much for me atm, even though that's basically $30 per game

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 4, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

evo lineup strong though tbh shoulda cut SC6 for crosstag
shoulda cut SC6 for skulltag

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol animal crossing wont support cloud saves

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Have any of you ever cried over something sad happening in a video game? If so, what and why? I feel dumb for having cried at some game stuff but I also feel like games that do try to go for that kind of emotional response end up being kinda heavy handed in their attempts. Of course it is also influenced by how you express your emotions and feelings, too.
i was 13 when i played final fantasy 7 so you can guess what made me emotional!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cliffyb is a dumbass and lawbreakers wasnt woke

he also made radical heights knowing it wasn't going to succeed and was against his employees leaving to go to epic even though the alternative was... losing your job at boss key a month later?? what a tough call

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

stev posted:

What was supposed to be the "woke" part of Lawbreakers?

The game didn't sell because it wasn't marketed, looked generic as hell and was generally perceived as "less colourful Overwatch".
overwatch was the one that was trying to be 'woke'

but then again, cliffyb was at e3 hyping lawbreakers one year and said "overwatch is the game your girlfriend plays"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i liked the telltale monkey island because it was a nice story about marriage and commitment

and at the time games didn't really tell stories about married couples, or at least thought out stories

i had a gear to grind with the whole "ball & chain" depiction of marriage that was so commonplace in the 90s and 00s, i guess

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i rank the old telltale era something like this

1. sam & max devils playhouse
2. strong bad game
3. tales of monkey island
4. law & order legacies
5. puzzle agent
6. sam & max season 2
7. back to the future
8. puzzle agent 2
9. poker night (lol it had tycho from penny arcade)
10. uhh the bone games i guess??
11. sam & max season 1
12. jurassic park
13. endlessly falling off a bike and scraping my knees
14. wallace and gromit

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Jurassic Park needs to be way lower.
the failure deaths are funny and full of silly ragdolls

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

FFXV Royal Edition is on gamepass, I kind of want to play it but it's 135 GB
i will play it

largely because the ps4 version i bought used two years ago had disc read errors

much like fear 3 and skyward sword, i will form my own precious opinion about it!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only pointing and clicking i want to do in a game is if it's Fate of Atlantis

if a game is an arpg then you play it with a controller. action games = controller

if the combat happens automatically it's even worse!!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

You see those comments after yours? That sort of comment led me to believe the game was really special. But really, it's not. The first part of the game is putting together the narrative which is interesting. Then figuring out who everyone is was intriguing but not really a lot of fun for me. I kept on because I thought the hidden chapter was going to tie it all together and make it worthwhile.
what did you think was going to happen, did you think it was going to turn into an immersive-sim bullet hell metroidvania? it's an investigation game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

(for this post you have to pretend that i liked all of doom 2016)

people told me doom 2016 was great, but all you do is run around and shoot demons in it. i kept playing all the way to the end because i thought maybe the game would become a procedurally generated roguelike with typing mechanics, but it just kept being about shooting demons. needless to say, i was unable to refund, and i will instead be returning my computer to CompUSA

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

alright to be fair obra dinn does have supernatural poo poo in it

but a game by the papers please dev isn't going to have a 2K's XCOM: The Bureau style twist in it

we have largely, thankfully, left that era where it belongs, in the early 2010s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

no one would poo poo on hornyposting

except for me, the ace fun-hater

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Horny posting is a step above mmo recruitment at least.
have you heard of.... shadowbringers

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the boo-ette was really tame compared to stuff that got posted in the GDQ threads a couple of years ago

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

you didn't like massive thighs blushing hornet?
i don't remember that, but i remember art being posted of hatsune miku bound and gagged in the trunk of a car

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there was a contingent of 'comfyposters' that liked to post as fast as possible, posting cute fanart and emptyquoting.. and then unsavory posters snuck in their own idea of 'cute fanart' that went, shall we say, a little outside the normal territory

everyone ended up being punished for the actions of the few unsavories (specifically the Splatoon fanart that was being posted of very sweaty squid kids, as if this was a Bleedman deviantart page) but the threads have been better ever since

e: that being said, the GDQ threads would always have fanart posted in them and some dude sneaking in his fetish among them, it was just the one year that everyone was TV IV-ing it that there was a problem

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mandy of billy & mandy did 9/11

Grouchio posted:

Have you seen Interspecies Reviewers?
funimation clearly hadn't

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol

he also thought gears 5 was Woke because it had a woman protag

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

as long as the spectre of the extremely dead meme bowsette hangs over these chat threads horny is likely

bowsette must die
bowsette can't die until she gets a video game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Phantasium posted:

mario & luigi came out on the gba
i'm happy for them, but there aren't many possible male romatic leads that i'd pair up with mario

luigi on the other hand...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

THE CIIIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

why are you playing roblox

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MechaSeinfeld posted:

gently caress that game and that company. got a c&d over my australian themed OutKast cover band because of them.
the australien road trains below

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fast movement is a must for any game imo

i'm playing MMX Command Mission and it has a dash button because, well, mega man x, and it's nice to just be able to jet through a room that has nothing in it

I like to explore RPG environments and find hidden treasure chests as much as anyone but I want to go fast while doing it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Is it just editing an ini file or something? I was actually enjoying the art and atmosphere a ton, but as an obsessive completionist in these kinds of games, I quit playing it because all of the back-back-back-tracking I did since actually moving was painfully unpleasant.
you could probably use cheat engine to gently caress with move speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

especially for an open world game, if I can't move really fast then it'd better have fast travel or i'm probably going to hate it