Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://youtu.be/BvEKky9N1tQ

This planet coaster video is amazing, just continued to top itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Pinky is such a vocal kitty.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Good morning! What's for breakfast?

Pinky, (lion)Nessa, momma and Rufus starting the day right

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Use your power sleep settings!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Songbearer posted:

I miss instruction manuals

BG2 and Rollercoaster Tycoon were the apex

Never forget

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's gonna actually just be an elaborate birthday surprise for kamiya. 4 he's a jolly good fellow.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I want to help w101, but I need to know how they plan the translate the wiiu features over and what exactly ” remaster” will mean for the game. I really want all the w101 swag, though.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

GUI posted:

Yeah Max Payne 3 rules and its a better conclusion to the franchise than 2 was.

2 pages late but this is wrong. The game tossed out all the lessons learned from 2. The real ending is in Alan wake. Gameplay was dope though

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Radical heights exists in my heart, damnit

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Cleaning, destroying, and collecting

For the gamer, one of these things is not like the others

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Congrats on the cat

Have some leaked flight sim footage

https://youtu.be/RIds9Xt0HbA
https://youtu.be/rCGyBabQEQM

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1225774120446693376?s=20

Rip Jason

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Just imagining the pr department sitting kamiya down in front of the thong song video

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dude named his son Ryu, what a legend

I'm legit jealous of the double dragon thing

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm so over the Arkham series. Asylum came out when i was still in culinary school and one of my mates was the only one with a console, so we literally watched him 100% it over a couple weeks. City was the first one I played, but fell off shortly after the freeze fight, ironically enjoyed cat woman more than Batman, who looks ultra stiff and dumb doing axe kicks. Knight was just boring with car puzzles. They need to go Beyond or a new franchise entirely.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 8, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

*reads about duck regrowth cycle*

Turns out I was part duck all this time

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Arkham combat is just a dressed up rhythm game, which the mark of kri did infinitely better. Also the warriors was good, what the gently caress?

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 8, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

al-azad posted:

Hmmm nah. God Hand is funny but the highlight are bosses and whenever you’re fighting more than one disposable goon at a time it’s just tedious. Platinum themselves are so hit and miss they’re just coasting on good Bayonetta vibes. I’m just crawling through Nier A for the narrative because everything else is terrible.

Nier is not a Platinum game, it's a taro game. I'd even take okami over nier.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Confronting shithead roommate, give me your energy

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Classic lovely roommate move, did some coke before coming to the house meeting. Took a few repetitions for him to get he's got 30 days but I didn't scream at him, so I'll take that as a win. Landlord is coming tomorrow for rent and he hinted at wanting to talk to him, even though he's technically squatting/sub letting through us. He has a dog which breaks our lease, so if everything goes wrong, we could be out of a place either way.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Stux posted:

if you dont think astral chains combat is good youre unironically most likely playing it wrong because it utterly slaps but its completely obtuse to understand what youre meant to do. but once you click with it its probably the best system theyve ever made.

First stux post i unironically agree with

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

That's literally any combo focused game, where you get more tools than you need. For example, W101 is fantastic, not just for it's systems, but having a gently caress ton of combat options you'd never even see if you didn't know to unlock them.

Also I'm willing to bet you didn't touch the secret bosses in ac

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 9, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is W101 a primary-parry or primary-dodge game

Yes

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Is there a trademark on the word Australia? Or does Australian road trains already exist?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

al-azad posted:

Anyone who says Batman’s combat is boring I can only imagine them spamming attack over and over.

The Arkham games and Kamiya’s games actually share a lot

Stopped right here. If you had said God of war, I'd agree, but batman is 3 buttons, attack, dodge and crouch(plus the gadget short cuts). Acting like that touches the granular mechanics of even something like kora is baffling. And you make it sound like PGs enemies aren't also designed with different approaches in mind.

also the bouncer was the better kingdom hearts

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 9, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Andrast posted:

Korra has way worse combat than Batman

It really doesn't, it just asks you to do more than surface 1 2 3 combos. If you start switching powers and using the charge mechanics, shits crazy, it's even got bayo's dodge offset

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Andrast posted:

Nah it's just bad, much like everything else about Korra

Turns out that when platinum is putting out the bare minimum of effort the results aren't that good

They didn't put out minimum effort, they were paid the minimum by Activision. If you want to poo poo on their liscensed efforts aim at tmnt, kora was fine for what it was doing, though the standard pg corridor levels are less then stellar in it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Andrast posted:

Yes, minimum pay gets minimum effort

Nobody should really ever pay Korra since replaying another Platinum game is going to be a way better experience.

Like i said you're thinking about tmnt, kora at least has a recognizable combat system and fine as a twist on bayo.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I think korra gets a bad rap because, like w101, its asking you to do more than just tap face buttons. I think everyone immediately thought bayo and expected ease of use. The 'damage spongeyness' of the enemies doesn't help, but that's off weighted by their by numbers, which are far fewer than the regular pg game, and the hidden depth of the combat system. The color palette is really off putting though, I can see people being repelled by that coupled with early frustrations.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 9, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Andrast posted:

I think the difference here is w101 is stellar in every way and Korra just isn't

You've yet to state anything other than it's just bad, which cool that's an opinion, maybe add something to it on this here discussion forum, like the post above yours. Like I agree the trimmings of the game aren't great, ie bear riding and sportball whatever, never got the hang of that. But the combat itself was fine, and even good in spots, especially since the fewer enemies made encounters feel more like rival battles, which is usually a peak moment for other PG games. I think they learned a lot from that and put it into a transformers which was a bit more accepted though with obtuse mechanics in it's own right.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Barudak posted:

Every Platinum game is basically me firing it up, loving it, and wondering when I'm going to hit the inevitable autoscroller that ruins all pacing and enjoyment and makes me dread another playthrough.

Just don't include them, Platinum, its literally less work to do that!

Edit: If you're curious why I accurately predicted that Star Fox Zero would be a bad game despite Platinum, it was because it was an entire game made up of the autoscrollers that nobody likes in Platinum games.

Zero was essentially a miyamato programmed game that pg finished, so even less to do with that than Nier.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

Rising is the best PG game once again.

Nah, rising is one of the shallowest combat system they've produced. Astral chain is the new Queen of character action.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Barudak posted:

To be very honest, the complexity of a given combat system has very little bearing on how much I enjoy it. For me is a mixture of clear input->output, time to defeat a foe versus involvement, a purpose to variety, and clarity and cohesiveness of the characters move set.

stev posted:

Rising lacks depth but it's probably their most satisfying and fun game. The moment to moment action is pretty much unmatched (or at least was at the time).

Different strokes and all that. I enjoy how w101 and astral chain made me think about the weapon set. I feel restricted by something like mgr where i only have one weapon at a time, when even in bayo i can strap on whip heels, and even in bayo i feel a lack of options which leads into sameness. I spent hours just practicing wipping out the zandatsu bot to break enemy attacks, then trying to chain that into combos.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

That doesn't really mean anything. Just because you can't combo enemies for 10 minutes like in DMC doesn't make the game shallow.

I already explained in a further post, that's it's suffocating to only have a single weapon at a time in a PlatinumGames game. When I unlocked all the weapons I legit thought, that's it?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

mutata posted:

You guys still talking about fighting games?

We are very polite when the thread is final fantasy for days on end.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

mutata posted:

What have you done, you fool! You've said the words and into the darkness we plunge again..

I'm ashamed of my words and deeds

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1226561932129374210?s=20

Rip

Hope this doesn't affect what Nitedive was doing

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Songbearer posted:

This Wednesday coming we get our catte as an official member of our family and my heart is actually hurting with all the yearning I have for this little fuzzball to enter our lives

Be sure to spoil them so much that it'll be hard to top every day there after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Devil's third baby? Who r the other 2

Ninja gaiden 1 and 2