Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I really liked Bastion but Transistor didn’t click with me despite being very impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Bombcast where Brad mentioned he didn't have access to an in-house washer-dryer and it seemed like the American Dream made me sad

It really is an enormous relief not to have to plan regular outings just to make sure you have clothes to wear to work. I don’t know if Brad has kids but if he does I imagine it’s even more of a stressor.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

All the Final Fantasy Tactics chat in the last thread inspired me to finally get into it. I just finished the first fight after the prologue, against the Corpse Brigade in Gariland, and I want to change my party’s class composition to a mix of melee and ranged guys. The only units I have are Squires and Chemists; is there any reason not to just switch some Squires to Knights and Archers right now before I get going? Should I make Ramza a Knight too? How easy is it to screw myself over by loving around with this stuff? I don’t have much experience with this style of game.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Me when the guillotines come out

Weedle
May 31, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

In FFT, the Squire class gets two very important abilities (imo): JP Up and Throw Stone. JP Up is a multiplier to the JP earned by any action, and Throw Stone is a weak ranged attack with no cost. In the beginning of the game I usually spend several battles killing all the monsters except one, then throwing stones at my party members to gain a bunch of JP. You’ll wind up gaining abilities and classes a lot faster than if you were just focusing on finishing maps as quickly or efficiently as possible.

The White Dragon posted:

>grinds with throw stone but not accumulate

even ignoring the obvious resource cost, accumulate also activates in fewer frames. also the correct way to do it is with a mediator/orator, or possibly an oracle with move-mp up, so you can Chicken the last man standing instead. but both options are honestly kind of poo poo because the accuracy sucks on the former and the latter has slightly better accuracy but without a ton of MP to spam their skills (which you won't have properly until you get advanced mage armor in ch3) oracles are basically dead weight options-wise

Is this going to be one of those games where I constantly have to be minmaxing or I’ll be obliterated

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Andrast posted:

absolutely not

(and I can't think of many other games that require that either)

Ok cool. I’m just going to use all my save slots and see what works. I’m probably going to have to abandon the guy beset by highwayman outside Gariland because if I pick the rescue option he immediately runs into the middle of the Corpse Brigade and gets destroyed before I can even hit him with a potion. Sorry pal

Weedle
May 31, 2006

It flopped for a lot of reasons but mainly because it was always-online and the servers often didn’t work. They insisted that the game simply wouldn’t work offline because their advanced poop simulations would lay a mere desktop PC low. Of course a year later they released an offline patch and it all worked fine but it was too late.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Here’s my ranking of all the ones I played.

SimCity 2000
SimAnt
SimTower
SimCity
SimLife
SimCopter
SimSafari
Streets of SimCity

Weedle
May 31, 2006

PlatinumGames presents Dark Souls 4: Need Behind

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Are there any genuinely sexy video games? Besides those Twine shorts where you get hosed by a computer's ghost or whatever.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

Saints Row 4

I am crushing a bit on my Business Bitch player character in SR3

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I'm guessing not one person from Platinum has spoken the word "Dangen" aloud in public since the CEO was revealed as a sex pest.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

depends, how much do you like anime ladies

A lot, but I don't really like anime games

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Looper posted:

pyf d list n64 game, mine's rocket robot on wheels

body harvest :blastu:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Maybe Rockstar can make a game with some good writing now that that guy doesn't have to have his fingers in everything.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i've loved the gta series for a long time but it's almost exclusively because of the open-world aspects. the mission design was never particularly inspired and by today's standards feels very primitive. each mission is its own little discrete linear vignette, but i'd like to see the series adopt a more rpg-like approach to missions where they're of grander scope and you can accept and track multiple missions simultaneously. gta 5 has an absolutely incredible game world, dense, varied and rich with detail, but it feels like it goes to waste hosting kind of an average action game. simply driving around finding stuff to do is far more compelling.

narratively i'm also beyond tired of playing as crazy guy who loves crimes. i know that's kind of the defining feature of the series but i think you can preserve the freedom to do that kind of thing off-mission while telling a more grounded story starring a more relatable character. idk. maybe what i really want isn't grand theft auto at all but like, a crime-themed alpha protocol. there should be more rpgs set in the real world

Weedle
May 31, 2006

also the overall tone of pretty much all of rockstar's games has really come to grate on me. they seem to revel in pointless cruelty, not always violent in nature but just extremely misanthropic and contemptuous

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of, like how racist / sexist / homophobic / transphobic is it?

moderately racist, very sexist, a dash of homophobia, no transphobia that i recall (that was vice city stories)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Andrast posted:

Hot take: Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 2

i definitely like 3 more. for me it's 3 > 1 > 2. didn't play 3 until a couple of years ago though, i hear it used to be way worse

Weedle
May 31, 2006

oh also playing diablo-like games with a mouse sucks rear end, i saw the light when i played dungeon siege on psp and i'll never go back to clicking on poo poo 10000x a minute

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

No meat touching m'am!

Honestly this looks pretty lovely, it has NOTHING to do with Kafka beyond the name. They posted a facebook sponsored post that came up in my feed, and the entire comments were just people going "uhhh Gregor was a giant cockroach?" and the author in the comments going "hey uh this has nothing to do with Kafka its just a cool game"

Like okay maybe dont' steal the name of his book then?? You're obviously using that association.

wow another cravenly obvious attempt to capitalize on the red hot franz kafka brand

Weedle
May 31, 2006

can you believe they loving ripped off bram stoker for their totally unrelated vampire game. this is bullshit

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes, it is a word. And so using it for any other kind of transformation would be fine.

But specifically calling your work "Metamorphosis" and having it be about someone who wakes up in their room as a cockroach, that's too similar.

it's also about the bug guy saving his friend joseph k. from an opaque and adversarial legal process. sounds like quite the trial

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

There are giant tit statues that step on you in Path of Exile.

i didnt know dennis villeneuve worked on that game

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ask yourself does this really need to bridge the gap between c:\users\precision\pictures\_0\system\ahegao and the games chat thread

Weedle
May 31, 2006

precision posted:

I dunno, I didn't even know what ahegao meant and y'all did so maybe I'm not the one with the problem lol

Weedle
May 31, 2006

precision posted:

I'm pretty sure it's okay for grown women to dress however they want

i don't think anyone itt would claim or has claimed otherwise

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I kept hearing people say how the end was really awesome or something to that nature. So I was expecting a crazy swerve like aliens or something wacky. I wasn't expecting something that just fit in the narrative.

Also, my favorite character was the monkey so I was pretty pissed off at the monkeycide. I get that it was done so that there would be a way to see what happened in there but really, nothing much happened in there. So the monkey was killed for no reason. So, if you want my recommendation: don't kill cool monkeys!

wow i thought this game was going to have a good ending but there wasn't even a wacky science fiction twist that completely changed the entire tone of the game. i cannot loving believe that a game billed as a maritime mystery turned out to be a maritime mystery. do NOT give these charlatans a red cent i say!!!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the XCOM twist

the player character isn't really agent carter but an ethereal psionically controlling him

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i havent thought about that game in a long time but it was underrated imo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

I can't imagine the context in which anyone would need to actually say it

"mom no it's not ahegao it's just a regular picture of boosette! mom! come on!!! don't turn off the wifi!!!!"

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

If you wanted sexy shy guy girls, would you Google shyguyette, or shygirlette?

both obvs

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ymgve posted:

where's my doomguyette

Weedle
May 31, 2006

who is the true horny poster. is it me

Weedle
May 31, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When did you all learn that gaol was pronounced the same way as jail

Non-brits only

a few years ago but i was definitely a grown adult

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i have a fetish for nudity

Weedle
May 31, 2006

no shame in being horny this just isn't the place to post horny content imo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

raditts posted:

As far as mouse controls go, Dungeon Siege got it right where clicking on an enemy makes you attack them until you choose otherwise, it's ridiculous that other games in the genre didn't follow suit

yeah i also really liked the first dungeon siege on pc. good series. idk what happened to it but i'm guessing they farted out some sort of shovelware with the dungeon siege name on it and it tanked

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

a surprise twist where they increase her tit size to appease all the gamers upset that they weren't casaba melon sized but then sephiroth cuts them off and she's flat chested for the rest of the game

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Gaming in the Trump Years

it's just a compilation of famous streamers saying the n word