Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Post a picture in this thread every time you see a Gameboy, or something like it, in an anime or manga, or VN or LN for that matter.

GorfZaplen fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

There's a 5-volume series called Rock'n Game Boy that was published by Kodansha and ran from October 1989 to December 1991.

quote:

Plot

The story follows Hajime Nanba and his friends, who form the Rock'n Gamers. Hajime and his older brother Shō are skilled video game players. When Shō becomes a famous gamer, he becomes the target of the secret evil organization known as BUG, which plans to conquer the world using the technology of the Nintendo Game Boy. BUG has agents worldwide and they will do anything to achieve their goal, including kidnapping children and turning them into members with mind control.

Hajime's brother suddenly disappears one day and he tries to discover his whereabouts, learning about the existence of the evil organization in his search. Hajime tries to rescue his brother and put an end to BUG with the help of other gamers.

Twilkitri
Feb 23, 2013
Do items something like DSes count? Kurokami:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 1, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yes, but please try not to hotlink images that won't load in the future.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Julias posted:

There's a 5-volume series called Rock'n Game Boy that was published by Kodansha and ran from October 1989 to December 1991.

Nobody ever translates the hot blooded gamer manga like this or Game Center Arashi and it makes me sad

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Twilkitri posted:

Do items something like DSes count? Kurokami:

despite 2 screens, a DS should be half credit i think

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DSes count, as does the Nintendo Switch. Do not post a PSP however.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I promise not to post a PSP.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Libra posted:

I promise not to post a PSP.

Thank you.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

DSes count, as does the Nintendo Switch. Do not post a PSP however.

Vita means life!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Post a picture in this thread every time you see a Gameboy, or something like it, in an anime or manga, or VN or LN for that matter.

Hello Op. I just found your Gameboy megathread - great content! I would like to submit, this bit of gameboy content from Strongest Man Kurosawa, already referenced in the Op. However, the driver of the car in Strongest Man Kurosawa was also, in fact, playing game boy. Have a great day!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i miss the gameboy

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Hello Op. I just found your Gameboy megathread - great content! I would like to submit, this bit of gameboy content from Strongest Man Kurosawa, already referenced in the Op. However, the driver of the car in Strongest Man Kurosawa was also, in fact, playing game boy. Have a great day!

Thank you for your submission- by filling in this gap you have advanced our Gameboy knowledge immeasurably.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

It would be really cool if the other occupants of the car saw that Kurosawa didn't have a game boy and then gave him one.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Just looked a bit closer and it's the passenger not the driver. I always thought the driver was playing GBA with one hand but it's actually the passenger playing with two hands.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thank you for your submission :D

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Destroy all gamers. They can’t be regenerated.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Gamers ftw.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

RatHat posted:

Destroy all gamers. They can’t be regenerated.

You can revive them with four AA batteries actually

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thanks to Parallax for this one :cheers:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I couldn't find a good quality image, but this thread feels incomplete without Fire Starter, the game that pays tribute to Lord Canti.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/yuzuchiri/status/1425282755387006981/photo/1

from Kimi to Picopico, which I don't think is translated yet beyond the oneshot

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like a shameless Uzaki-chan ripoff.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

chiasaur11 posted:

I couldn't find a good quality image, but this thread feels incomplete without Fire Starter, the game that pays tribute to Lord Canti.

yessss

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This submission thanks to my good friend Sharkopath!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the mobile game blue archive has twins who play nintendo switch together

i think its cute that the joycons match their color schemes. hope this helps op

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

derra
Dec 29, 2012
That is clearly a Game Poy.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Action Shakespeare