Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

meatpimp posted:

I think there's a large group of people that truly believe that they know, instead of doing intellectual analysis and viewing/processing evidence.

The more you know, the more you realize that you don't know. Unfortunately, a lot of people's thought process atrophies before they get to understand that concept.

I find there's an almost identical overlap between the people who skipped school on a regular basis in high school and the aggressively ignorant people on my FB friends list so I'm not sure there was ever anything to atrophy.

In another weird coincidence, 100% of them talk nonstop about Fox News and will believe nothing that didn't come straight out of Hannity's rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Every time I go back to the midwest from LA I'm always reminded there's a ton of completely awful 90 and 00's domestic cars that I totally forgot existed. Luminas? Whoa

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
These photographs would be a lot better with some, y'know, photographs

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey Kaker or Dave - I need some OEM keyblanks for a 1992 Miata which seem exceedingly hard to find in the states, any idea if these are something you can get through your importing connections? The one original I got with the car has a crack in it and isn't safe to keep using.

The later keys from the 93-97 era are shaped differently and all I seem able to find on ebay (so far).

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Too bad all the ~*Tree of Liberty*~ folk only ever seem to want to water it with democrat blood (when illegitimate tyrants like Obama force people to have health coverage, for instance)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Grakkus posted:

From over here it sort of looks like the reason Trump keeps getting elected is because the Republicans are a unified party while the Democrats squabble over everything, shitflinging accusations of racism or sexism or whatever that just makes everyone look bad.

Also it helps you can reliably count on democrats to repeat rightwing talking points whenever possible to show how non-biased they are.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

KakerMix posted:

Sorry I'm late, do you have a part number? I've gotten pretty decent and finding parts but I need a part number to start if possible.

I'll dig this up and let you know once I do a couple of things that other people suggested, thanks - and thanks to everyone else for the key advice, I'm trying to find a *~period correct~* replacement for that OEM one, I do already have two recut keys that work in varying degrees (one works in the trunk and the center console, but not very well in door or ignition, and one works in the door and ignition but not the trunk at all.)

The car is otherwise a 100% stock '92 "Superleggera" model (which I don't think Mazda called it, but they should have - it has no power anything, no AC, no radio and 14" steelies) with 69k miles on the clock and it's not concours or anything but I do like keeping vintage cars and their accessories correct if possible.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I cannot say enough about how good credit will save you from almost any terrible ordeal that may befall you.

I have no idea how poor-to-lower-middle-class people are meant to ever get out of any hole with the way things are set up. Oh that's right, 30 years of republican policy was deliberately laid out to prevent exactly that, I almost forgot

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Look, if you just work super loving hard and devote yourself to your employer and maybe get lucky to be underpaid and therefore safe from immediate layoffs, ANYONE can keep their job for 3-5 years (if your employment matches the whims of the employer's bottom line)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

cursedshitbox posted:

No 80s shitmissle is. Part of the charm is potential paralysis.

At somepoint you gotta accept being taken out by someont texting in a murano convertible.

That sikk 220 hp in a 3500 pound car is nigh uncontrollable.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My wife got me a bottle of Clase Azul Reposado so I guess I'll be sipping that all afternoon. :cheers:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Just attach the faulty corner to a hefty oak tree, and drive away at high speed! Presto!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

LloydDobler posted:

You now get to explain that this is where "Daisy Dukes" are from, and how rednecks still call them that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22R5tPvp7aE

e: snype of the decade

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's so astronauts can have floor sex simulated despite zero gravity.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That's pretty dope. I had to restrain myself from buying a vintage Gulf racing jacket from the early 70's (not one of the modern recreations) that a vintage sneaker/Jordans guy I know found in his travels for $300 last year due to the fact it's never cold enough in LA to wear it.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Awesome - those are all very cool but the Toyota is by far the king of that matchup. Nice score, nice luck with the importing situation/timing, nice wife!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

meatpimp posted:

So how do I thank the builders? (Other than "thank you so much, that helped more than you know," ofc)?

Thank him profusely, pay him in fully in cash, only ever contact him for any work and make it a situation where you're his "good" client.

Also send him a $150 bottle of booze and a case of your favorite beer or something, but specifically something that can be shared with his crew after a week's hard work.

This is how I have the world's best body shop guy who always hooks me up with one of those "holy poo poo - how can you do it this fast/good/cheap?" deals when I need his services, and he can do other super useful things like order tires/batteries etc. at wholesale and charge me nothing to mount them.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GD_American posted:

Has anyone in AI bought a tuk-tuk?

I've - bought - the farm as a result of my faith (which was zzzzero) in a tuk-tuk in PUBG?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
This carnival ride will never end!!!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
yay February, my favorite month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006