Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
That is one incredible egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Jhet posted:

That is one incredible egg.

...and it gives me an idea for another egg.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

To that amazing egg I say

Hello

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Oh hey I made things with eggs I guess

Bourbon old fashioned ice cream

Egg pasta with spicy Italian sausage

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Well Hello Egg friends.

It's been a rather quiet month, which i feel we can all appreciate.

Here in the last few days of Eggtown, we have the following population of people who have hatched an idea:
  • toplitzin
  • How Wonderful!
  • slothrop
  • saoot
  • Jato
  • Resting Lich Face
  • Kaiser Schnitzel
  • Quiet Feet -egged
  • Beach Bum
  • Ephphatha
  • CannonFodder
  • mdxi
  • Achmed Jones
  • Croatoan
  • Jhet
  • Quiet Feet
  • Eat This Glob
  • Raikiri
  • field balm
  • Suspect Bucket
  • anakha
  • Liquid Communism
  • BrianBoitano
  • Gentleman Owl
  • The Glumslinger
  • Doom Rooster
  • Casu Marzu

On the flip side, these fyolks have not got cracking:
  • Steve Yun
  • scuz
  • Hawkperson
  • Bingo Bango

You've got ~72 hours to incubate, before your probation breaks free.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Even abuela is getting in on the egg action this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZMJ3h8udpA

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Oh gently caress I forgot to make an egg

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I ain't done yet!

Tamago!

Gohan!

Tamago kake gohan!

With Spam?

With Spam!

I woke up late on Sunday and didn't remember to take one of them "miserable scene" pictures.

Suffice it to say, tamago kake gohan is a really easy dish to make and the name is literally "eggs [kake] rice". I don't know what "kake'" is (over? with?) but I know for sure that "gohan" is rice and "tamago" is egg. Two ingredients. Bam! Just put a cup of rice in your rice cooker, wait for it to finish cooking and then you have two options.
1: Put the egg right into the pot, stir it and give it another minute to cook.
2: What I do because I don't want to make a mess in the pot: Take the eggs out of the fridge at least 30 minutes early to warm up, and put a couple of ceramic bowls in the toaster oven. Place the hot rice immediately into the bowl once its finished, then crack the egg into the rice and stir.

The texture is very creamy. Spam is a nice addition to this because the high salt content really helps the otherwise plain rice, much like soy sauce. Although I admit I'm using low sodium Spam here. I added a little bit of a cheap green fruity hot sauce for the heck of it. It was an okay addition, but really wasn't needed. This is a nice change of pace from my usual breakfasts and takes a little time but requires very little prep.

I'm tired and apologize if any of this is incoherent but I'm not going back and editing any of it again. :circlefap:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I'm pretty good at spam musubi, so i hope next month is spam-based

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Achmed Jones posted:

I'm pretty good at spam musubi, so i hope next month is spam-based

I don't think my grocery stores even sell spam. Please don't make me have spam in my online order history. All my advertising will then be Spam...

franco
Jan 3, 2003

toplitzin posted:

You've got ~72 hours to incubate, before your probation breaks free.

Life got in the way etc. etc. but I WILL EGG so please add me to the HASN'T EGGED list. What can I say? I love tight deadlines. Thank the maker it's a leap year...

So many beautiful things this month (no way am I competing with the Scotchuan Egg holy poo poo) :) Thought I'd try something not already done and that I haven't tried before either. This may or may not be a disaster but egg waits for no (wo)man.

Resting Lich Face posted:

:toxx: as per tradition.

Yeah :toxx: me too!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

my wife asked me apropos of nothing to make katchapuri last night, so i did. if anyone needs to cook an ouef, I'd be hard pressed to think of a better way than in a sea of carbs, fat, and salt

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

Oh gently caress I forgot to make an egg

You and me, we're going down :( (I'm gonna try to egg this weekend, pray for me)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Does non-fowl egg count, like if I did something with fish eggs

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
are you guys all spelling oeuf wrong as like a bit or something

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Sorry, are we œuffending you

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

My wife asked for adjaruli khachapuri for dinner the other night, so I got to egg it up again. I made little single serving versions of khachapuri, so it isn't a giant egg, it's a small boat filled with cheese, butter, and egg. It ain't healthy, but it is goddamn tasty.

franco
Jan 3, 2003
Egg clouds - sort of a soufflé/meringue type thing. Separated 4 eggs and screwed up 2 of them dammit. Oh well, it all goes down the same way. Whisked whites for what felt like 14 hours until floofy then folded in some grated Grana Padano and fresh chives. Plopped on a bit of greased parchment and made wells for the yolks. Looking good so far!

Yolks in:

Season:

Bake and watch the whole thing meld into a Society-esque bit of body-horror:

It was a fun experiment at least and the texture/taste was great even if it wasn't very pretty. Should have made my nests farther apart I think and a cooler oven.

Bonus round: A little late for Valentine's Day but, since I :love: you all, I tried a silly #egghack that's all over the information superhighway.

Scavenge a bit of cardboard from the box of the new microwave you got but keep forgetting to dispose of and strap a chopstick over the warm-ish hard-boiled eggs with hairbands (had no rubber ones to hand) for 10 minutes or so in the fridge. Immediately gently caress up one of the eggs.

It kinda works though!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I forgot to document the process, but I made a chocolate cream pie, and that involved eggs.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I've never participated in anything like this before, but here's the breakfast I have several times per week, picked up from my Asian kitchen manager at a job I used to work at. Simple, filling, and delicious- Eggs over easy rice bowl with bacon and/or sausage (we went bacon this time).

The ingredients for today. That rice cooker is at least a decade old but I love that freaking thing, it makes perfect rice with almost no effort. Apart from that, it's bacon, eggs, rice, a couple of pans, butter, and salt/pepper to taste. Let's get started.

1 1/2 cups of rice in the pot. This will make about three breakfasts worth, so fresh rice today and the rest will get portioned and refrigerated for easy breakfasts later in the week. 2 minutes in the microwave will take care of reheating the rice portion of the meal later in the week.

Water to the bottom line on the pot.

Plug in, hit the on button, hit white rice. Wait a bit as this will take about fifteen minutes or so to cook, while the bacon takes about 6-8 and the egg maybe 2.

While we wait, get the coffee started so I'm not so grouchy today.

Pat of butter in the pan for cooking the eggs. Sorry my stove top is filthy :(

Take two eggs and crack them into a custard cup.

...like so.

Staged and ready to cook. Let's check on the coffee.

Excellent.

Getting hangry, so reheat a leftover cinnamon roll and kill that off while we wait on the rice to get closer to done.

The cinnamon roll has drawn the attention of the sous chef. No, I love you very much but you can't have this.

"Please, dad?" No, I'm sorry, but hang out for a bit and it's likely you can talk me out of a tiny piece of bacon.

Cinnamon roll is gone. Let's check on the rice.

Seven minutes left. Perfect, let's get the bacon going.

Two strips into the pan. I've been known to do three but don't tell my doctor that.

Getting pretty close. I flip the bacon frequently and cook it on lower heat- "low and slow" is my preference.

Bacon is done. Let's dice it.

Bacon is diced and ready for the rice and eggs.

The sous chef insists on checking to ensure the bacon isn't poisoned. Fine.

She approves. Let's cook some eggs (that IS the goal, right?)

Butter is melted and spread around the pan.

In go the eggs. Alton Brown told me to lift the pan and let it set on the far side for a few seconds so they don't run all over the pan. Seems logical to me, so let's do that.

Salted, peppered, cooked for about 1 minute 15 seconds on medium heat. We're ready to try to flip these without breaking the yolks. I have about a 60% success rate here. Let's see if we fail our saving roll...

...right after we check on the rice. It's perfect as always.

Perfect flip! Great success! Ten seconds or so on that side and we are ready to assemble.

Rice in the bowl. Eggs go next. Bacon over the top.

And there you have it. Simple, but it's a great way to get the day going. Mix that up a little, get that yolk running and soaked into the rice.

Bon appetit!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Doom Rooster posted:

I give you, Málà Spicy Scotchuan Egg, served with Korean Chili Lime Aioli, Cured Numbing Quail Egg and Roasted Sesame Broccolini with Fried Shallots.

It was good.
Ouef. Ouef MaGouef. That is high art.

Well when you go high, I go low.

Scotch Eggs recipe by Mr. Bear from recipes for a lady or a man / the achewood cookbook as modified by me.

Ingredients:
6 large eggs
1 pound local sausage
Bread crumbs

I bought the cage free eggs because that is supposed to be better.

Hard boil 5 eggs as per the instructions from Roast Beef's deviled eggs recipe. 5 eggs in the pot, boil, remove from heat and cover for 15 minutes, cold bath to stop the cooking.

Wrap the peeled eggs in sausage.

With the three station method, take the meategg ball and wash it in a beaten egg, cover with bread crumbs, and set aside.

Here is my modification: don't put the egg directly on the pan, put it on a cooling rack that just so fits on the pan. This way the grease drains out to make the scotch egg seem healthy and then there is rendered fat for later.

Bake at 400F for 30 minutes.

Slice the egg and pour yourself a healthy beverage and enjoy breakfast at the crack of afternoon. The others can be had for breakfast the rest of the week.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CannonFodder posted:

This way the grease drains out to make the scotch egg seem healthy and then there is rendered fat for later.
It's later!

My attempt at :siren: Future Eggs :siren:

Take the rendered fat and some wild bird food mix. Note the future breakfasts.

Mix seed and fat to make "suet" which is not the beef organ fat that most people think of, but instead a fat and seed mix. When I worked in the meat department of a local grocery store people would ask for the fat trimmings to make this seed fat mix.

This food is for the birds.

I SAID IT WAS FOR THE BIRDS

That's Little Mama, a local dog that comes around from time to time and gets treats. Here she is getting some proper doggie treats.

Then she got a doggie cookie and went on her way. She's gonna be pooping seed tomorrow.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
I present: EGG

|

|

|

|

|

|

I call it "slacker quiche"

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

One more egg taco for funsies! This one has zhoug.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I took the dogs on an adventure today.

Seen here both enjoying their open window.

Our adventures took us to a local biscuit joint.

There was egg.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Hello, I am pleased to share that I did in fact egg in the month of February. Thank goodness for leap years

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

1. Spend the month February being seasonally depressed and regret saying you'd make an egg thing.

2. Finally give in to your wife teasing you about eating a probe and decide to see what pinterest poo poo your mom has sent you recently that you have the ingredients for.

3. Assemble your squad for... Jalapeno Popper Egg Cups!

It should be noted that on principal, I detest regular poppers that are filled with cream cheese instead of real cheese. But I made an egg-ception in this case since it's more to help the texture of the filling.

4. While your pan is heating up for the bacon par-cook, dice your jalapenos, reserving some slices for garnish.

5. Cook your bacon to get a nice little crisp on it, but not so much that it's no longer pliable.

6. Watch your dog lick up the Pam you accidentally sprayed on the floor while greasing the muffin tin

7. By some miracle, place the bacon in the muffin tin without burning yourself on the grease but take a blurry photo of it in your excitement.

8. Whisk up your jalapenos, eggs, cream cheese, bacon drippings, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. Decide to throw a little minced garlic in there for good measure.

9. Pour the mix into the muffin tin lined with bacon, top with cheese and your little jalapeno slices. Take another blurry photo and toss in the oven at 375 for about 20 minutes. Tell yourself that the egg looks like it should mostly stay within the bacon confines.

10. Be completely wrong about this.

11. Tell yourself it's good en-oeuf and enjoy your dish!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

toplitzin posted:

I took the dogs on an adventure today.

Our adventures took us to a local biscuit joint.

There was egg.

$13 biscuits!!!!! Looks good though.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

$13 biscuits!!!!! Looks good though.

I would pay $13 to hang out with Topz and his dogs.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Grillades and grits. And an egg, why not

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Sorry guys I had a funeral so I’m gonna be a couple days late

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Well Hello Egg friends. Egg time is over.
All our eggs have hatched and left the nest.

Here in the final tally of Eggtown, we have the following population of people who have hatched an idea:
  • toplitzin
  • How Wonderful!
  • slothrop
  • saoot
  • Jato
  • Resting Lich Face
  • Kaiser Schnitzel
  • Quiet Feet -egged
  • Beach Bum
  • Ephphatha
  • CannonFodder
  • mdxi
  • Achmed Jones
  • Croatoan
  • Jhet
  • Quiet Feet
  • Eat This Glob
  • Raikiri
  • field balm
  • Suspect Bucket
  • anakha
  • Liquid Communism
  • BrianBoitano
  • Gentleman Owl
  • The Glumslinger
  • Doom Rooster
  • Casu Marzu
  • franco
  • TheCog
  • IllegallySober
  • scuz
  • HAwkperson
  • Bingo Bango
  • Phil Moscowitz

On the flip side, these fyolks have not got cracking and have earned a short probe.
  • Steve Yun
  • prayer group

Thanks for the eggcelent effort all!