Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014
My background previously was as a professional waiter so I have plenty of experience with sales and customer service. I’ve been trying to get out of waiting, and after the last debacle of a job I went onto unemployment insurance and began trying to change working fields. I am really talented with cars mechanics, so I thought that moving to a dealership would be better because I would be around more like minded people. I got passed over for a lot attendant at one dealer for 13.50 and I got a interview at another to clean the shop and stuff for $15 an hour. When they brought me back in for the 2nd interview they told me that I would prefer me to work on the sales floor because of my appearance and demeanor. So I took the job. It’s now about to be my 4th week here and I have no idea what to do. I have finished all my required training in the computer (before last week) and now all that’s left are these expert certifications. I just kind of sit at my desk for 8 hours and zone out, check emails, and look like I’m doing car dealership related things but how long can this go on for?? Today I worked a hiring packet for a state job and I’m listening to chill beats to study too.
The few things that bother me is I’m not allowed to talk to clients yet, I even asked today. The other thing is due to the long hours and a “take” im only making about $10 an hour. The other staff obviously doesn’t care for me, and my managers just ignore me. What should I be doing all day? I asked my manager for more needs analysis sheets and I never got them, Ive been asking for HRs email because I can’t long into my company email.
I guess what I am reaching out to the goons for is this is the first time I have sold cars, and for some background this is pretty large dealer in my area, not a little sketchy place. I really don’t know what’s going on, do they expect me to start selling cars to my family? Is it cool to do nothing all day? If my training is complete and I’m not allowed to talk to clients what exactly am I supposed to be doing??

bikesonyx fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I have so many questions I don't know where to start

what is this "take" how does it work

Is everyone doing cocaine besides you and they hate you because they think you're a narc?

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014

Pryor on Fire posted:

I have so many questions I don't know where to start

what is this "take" how does it work

Is everyone doing cocaine besides you and they hate you because they think you're a narc?

I won’t be able to answer questions until Monday I can’t afford to pay my internet bill and I have to save phone data

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

in your position I would probably try to sell my boss's car and see if anyone complained

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014

Makeout Patrol posted:

in your position I would probably try to sell my boss's car and see if anyone complained

Best advice, and it made me laugh

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014
So update: Monday morning after the sales meeting the 2 managers said I wasn’t going to be a good fit. I personally think it’s hilarious I wasn’t even allowed to sell a car or talk to customers. They gave me an awesome job washing cars. Not your typical goon story but at least it has a happy ending.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
yeah i don't understand why if you're a half decent tech that you would be put in sales

if you can loving fog a mirror and pass an ASE test or two you can make tolerable money as a LOF tech with a decent path up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
what a wild ride