Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
What kind of preorder bonuses are available for the US? I saw some pretty cool ones for the European release (or it may have been Japan), but if we're just getting some bullshit keychain I'll just get a digital copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Waffle! posted:

Kitty Stardust

Meowjor Tom

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
I just remembered that I hadn't used my amazon gift card from Christmas, so instead of doing digital or shopping around for pre-order swag I'm just using that. Spending only 16ish bux on a new game beats pre-order junk every time!

I also looked around and realized I did, in fact, throw out all the amiibo cards I bought, thinking they would no longer be useful. I had both Marshall and Ahnka :negative:
Any chance they're getting reprinted? I'd very much like Gayle to move into my town. Gators aren't even my fav. animal type, she was just so charming and won me over as the Best Villager.

While I'm at it, here is my code and nintendo username for the GoonSpreadsheet:

Switch: SW-1424-2663-5906
Username: StülSample

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want to be a Racoon Goon

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a list somewhere of funny town/island name ideas? I was thinking of going with Spider-Skull island but it doesn't fit :(

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Ha this is great, thanks!

And Spider-Skull I already a super nerdy venture brothers reference, I may do some googling to see what other pop culture crap I can dredge up.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So let’s review: Tom Nook is setting up people on isolated, unpopulated private islands. A little odd but not unheard of. Next the only way on or off the island is an airline that he controls. A little disconcerting if your conspiracy minded but still ok. The only means those on the island have to communicate with the outside world is Nook phones, proprietary devices he directly controls. Getting weird now. He gives those on the island 100% interest free loans they can choose to pay back or not. That’s really weird how does Nook plan to make money back on this venture? Something is clearly going on here. Tom Nook is creating secret labs in the museums on his island. I’ve played Resident Evil I know how secret labs in museums go. We’re test subjects for this evil little raccoon man!

Well hey there's an idea for a name, Umbrella Island

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so stoked for the yard decorations, that might be my favorite new feature.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
I think I've decided on Amity Island as a name, but Neverland would be another good one.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Nthing the 'taking March 20th off' sentiment.
I'm not sure if the Jaws theme would translate well into the town tune creator, maybe I should do another ocean or horror movie theme? Maybe another Spielberg movie? (Jurrasic park comes to mind.)

Also, thank you for the gang tag :3

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

This chart is bullshit, Gayle is ADORABLE damnit! :mad:

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
I am loving all the tarantulas I'm finding...and also slightly paranoid about walking around with a net out.
This islands infrastructure will be funded by arachnids. (and makes me doubly sad that the town name couldn't be Spider-Skull Island :negative: )

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
My island is raining heavily right now, if anyone wants Coelacanths and peaches:
D5814

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
The gates to Amity Island will be open the next couple of hours! Flick is visiting, there's a meteor shower, and some FABULOUS jumpsuits at the tailor today!

Dodo code is 6XYS0
Apples would be greatly appreciated!

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
The forbidden present :negative:

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Chieves posted:

Adam from Bunhäus has turnips at 517 bells right now! Gates are open for the next little while or so. Tips are always welcome and I am currently looking for roses. Feel free to grab some oranges!

Code is FTMGH. See y'all soon!

E: I'm chilling near the entrance in mostly black.

Thanks for hosting, my new shades, boots, and bank account are fabulous!

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
My store is FINALLY upgrading, I'm guessing that the 'spend x bells' requirement is higher this time around? Or I could be misremembering how quickly hop upgrades have happened.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

YggiDee posted:

I didn't realize that villagers would grab the custom clothes from Able's but I woke up this morning and they're all dressed as Krillin.

Oh no, they're all doomed! :ohno:

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

The Halogens posted:

I left some stuff behind the Cranny for you. Glad you were open! I like the flower arrangements you've got going. Definitely the most coherent island I've been to.

I also popped in and left some furniture. Thanks for staying open!

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else thinking of making a hedge maze at some point? Not sure what 'fun' thing to put in the center

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
maybe I could have flick make a bunch of tarantula models and stick em in the middle of the maze

or just everywhere

bomb and bell rug are also good ideas

edit: gently caress my stockpile of tarantulas aren't going to feed my bank?! God damnit nintendo

Guess I'll be getting those models sooner

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Color Printer posted:

Also no, I don't think the prices on any bugs were changed, just their spawn rates

Ah, that's ok then I guess. Hopefully tarantula farming won't take an obscene amount of time.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Nemo2342 posted:

A golden toilet

YES

...surrounded by tarantulas

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Zamujasa posted:

My turnips are at 517, still open for a while. It's surprisingly quiet on turnip.exchange lately, maybe everyone's getting diverted to the fake 700+ islands?

https://turnip.exchange/island/5d30a55a

Thanks! You have an awesome set up on your island

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone got good turnip prices atm?

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

raven77 posted:

Thank you! I’ve put waaaay too much work into it, I’m glad you liked it!

I’m back open, K2XQS. Redd has 1 Academic painting fake left, but he’s also got unlimited aqua blue soft serve lamps and essay sets. And Nooks are buying turnips for 599 bells!

Also, Pierce is offering doghouse diys.

Thanks for hosting! I dig the music setup

at some point I'll put together an amphitheater/orchestra of my own, but nooks seem to be stingy with instruments

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

Hey y'all. Don't post much, but have visited y'all's islands. My turnips are suddenly up to 447 bells. DIY is tree branch wreath with Pashmina in front of the airport. Dodo code is K660C. I just set up my free stuff section near the front. Celeste is also on the island.

Hey there!

I also paid you a visit, and I will say again that your town name is great :3

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
GOONS!

Celeste is in Amity tonight!
I also have a pile of free poo poo near the airport (just above the beach area)

My island is a big work in progress at the moment, so it's a bit...messy?

Fruit is also up for grabs! Musical instruments would be awesome.

DODO code: closed

edit: poo poo, I think I lost connection, or someone minus-quit

I hope everyone got the star recipes they needed, and thanks for the instruments!

Stool Sample fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 2, 2020

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Hygiene posted:

Left the marimba near the plaza and decided to book it before more arrival animations. But I lucked out and got the lunar lander recipe the same day I learned where you get all that space stuff! :toot:

Awesome, thanks!

I got a bath tub recipe from her today, was not expecting that.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
I think I lost connection, or someone minus-quit

I hope everyone got the star recipes they needed, and thanks for the instruments!

Also: I haven't seen many stars, I guess Celeste can show up without the meteor shower? Lame.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of posting a Dodo code on turnip.exchange versus here in the thread? Is the goon discord fairly busy?
(my turnip prices were decent today but nothing worth hosting for, but this thrusday I might.)

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Mykroft posted:

I've only been playing for just over a week, so my island is pretty bare - I don't even have Able's yet, but turnip prices are at 597, so it's time to open the floodgates for people with turnips burning a hole in their pocket if you missed it earlier. Dodo code is JMQ34

CJ is here, which as far as I know is useless to visitors, he was in the mountains to the northeast last I checked (sorry there are no ramps, still building my bankroll for that).

Nooks has a kitty litter box, unlimited items are screen walls, throwback wrestling figure (green mask), and dish-drying rack (yellow)

I'm AFKish with the console plugged in and just looking over every so often. No need to tip (though appreciated), and if it's not too much of a goon rush mess feel free to water the flowers to the left after you come in (I didn't prep watering cans so don't feel obligated) and/or leave a note on the billboard.

The fossils and DIY just to your left after coming in are free to take. I just swung by the villager houses and didn't see anyone working on anything.

Heya! I dropped by and gave the flowers a good watering. Your layout looks nice so far!

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
GOONNS!!

Amity's gates are open and it is HELLA raining!
I have stalls of free poo poo just by the airport. The island is a big 'ol mess right now, but feel free to snatch up the bells/sticks/wasp nests that are laying around.
The Able Sisters have bathrobes today :3

DODO: 7Y1LD

I'll be afk in my house while I run errands and do housework nonsense, but I may pop out later to catch me some Coelacanths.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Fhate posted:

I stopped by for a visit. I took 3 pears and 3 oranges, but left 4000 bells outside of the front of your house. I took the ones in the very back so they wouldn't mess up the view. I hope that's ok.

That's absolutely fine! All the fruit is up for grabs if someone needs it.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Sup Goons!

The gates to Amity will be open for a few hours. Feel free to pick some fruit and grab some free poo poo in the stalls by the airport! I will be semi afk, but I would love some feedback on the town decor!

Turnip prices are 134

Dodo code is: N0Y0F

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

HaB posted:

Did you close already?

I didn't, but I was/am playing a game on my ps4 at the same time. I'm going to redo the code, if it drops again I'll have to wait until I'm done with the other game to open I guess:

New code: 7WQRD

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like it disconnected again. I may try again later, if celeste shows up.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Amity has been blessed with both Sahara and Celeste tonight (Celeste in in front of the airport last I saw)! I will be opening the gates for about 2ish hours. Fruit is all up for grabs, as is all the poo poo laying in front of the airport and on the stalls.

Flower watering would be appreciated, as is feedback about the island itself! I did a big overhaul recently and I'd like to know what I can add!

Turnip prices are DOGSHIT

Norma is crafting Log Decorative Shelves last I checked

The DODO code is posted in the private server thread. I will be wandering around hunting for sharks!

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Does Blathers ever tell you if you've collected all the fossils for the museum? I haven't been given the option to donate a fossil for some time, and none of myvexhibits seem to be missing any pieces (even looked at all the signs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo, are you still open, I need to unload the Turnips I forgot in my basement (pokemon dlc has been bad for business lol)