Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

oh but seriously I posted:

i remember bk cheeseburgers being perfectly acceptable but the ones i had today were sub-rustlers. even had the same kind of weirdly moist bun
BK toasts their buns but they sit around in a holding unit for a while. If you get one of the last buns in there before a new batch is run through they "refresh" it by putting it in a steamer before assembling the burger. sometimes they steam it a couple of extra times if the bun is really stale and they don't want to just toast a new one. Or if they just hate people, which is also acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

If you order on the app you can get 2 free kids meals with the purchase of anything.

I'm going to weigh 1000 pounds.

Yes, for your children

for your children

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Universe Master posted:

Yes, for your children

for your children

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Michael no!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm very excited to get my first Big King XL. Maybe tomorrow if I can escape the quarantine brutesquads.

I feel that fauxmacs should be a much larger part of the fastfood rainbow.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I’m going way out on a limb here, but it ain’t gonna look like that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
burgin with the king

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

shadow puppet of a posted:

I'm very excited to get my first Big King XL. Maybe tomorrow if I can escape the quarantine brutesquads.

I feel that fauxmacs should be a much larger part of the fastfood rainbow.

So were you disappointed? I was.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Wake up hung over, skip breakfast.

Lunch: get 2 for $6 spicy chicken sandwich and whopper (add cheese to whopper)

Dinner: get drunk again

Make sure 2 drink lots of water throughout the day! :)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Q_res posted:

So were you disappointed? I was.

I loved it. The big King XL is my burger of 2020. big chunky lettuce, lots of sauce, not too much bun.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
top down? give us the side view, dude

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I got this thing earlier this week. It was much heavier and more filling than a Big Mac, had much fresher veggies (can't believe I'm saying that about a burger king), but tasted very much like a BK burger due their beef. It was good, I think I like a Big Mac better, but if I wanted to gutbomb on the same flavor profile, it worked.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
burger king has sucked since they discontunied the big texas.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

YeahTubaMike posted:

top down? give us the side view, dude

Because I love you:

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbtGcehkXaA

The one thing I miss most about Burger King is when they would be the ones to get the weird action-movie tie-ins such as Last Action Hero and Wild Wild West.

There was that while in the 2000s when they had weird things like Rugrats and The Simpsons, but nowadays - what's really being advertised for Burger King?

also, they got rid of those peppery chicken tenders. bring them back! they have surge in their freestyle machines!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

shadow puppet of a posted:

Because I love you:

aw, i love you too :love:

also, that burger looks like the perfect :420: food

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 4, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

The one thing I miss most about Burger King is when they would be the ones to get the weird action-movie tie-ins such as Last Action Hero and Wild Wild West.

There was that while in the 2000s when they had weird things like Rugrats and The Simpsons, but nowadays - what's really being advertised for Burger King?

also, they got rid of those peppery chicken tenders. bring them back! they have surge in their freestyle machines!

I miss them these were good fast food tenders. They also used to have BBQ sauce that was on the tangy side that I liked. I actually think their current BBQ sauce is fine too but it's not as good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fast food movie tie ins died when Star Wars showed that you can just shove the brand onto store shelves with junk food.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

yup those tenders were the best. then they made them into crowns, but I always like the oval shapes better. their chicken nuggets are loving trash now.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

s'alright

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The spicy nuggets are decent and affordable when they’re in (as they are now, by me at least).

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Crusty Nutsack posted:

yup those tenders were the best. then they made them into crowns, but I always like the oval shapes better. their chicken nuggets are loving trash now.

i liked the crowns because they made my bites easier to size

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had those cheesy jalapeno bites yesterday and I really liked them. Got some zesty sauce with them. :yum:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Urdnot Fire posted:

The spicy nuggets are decent and affordable when they’re in (as they are now, by me at least).

I thought it was funny when they cut the amount of nuggets you get but pretended like nothing had happened. All going "you get EIGHT nuggets for $1, wow, what a deal!" When six months ago you got 10.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

muscles like this! posted:

I thought it was funny when they cut the amount of nuggets you get but pretended like nothing had happened. All going "you get EIGHT nuggets for $1, wow, what a deal!" When six months ago you got 10.

This is just called Getting Old. RIP Taco Bell .59/.79/.99 menu and Arby’s 5 for $5

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Lately my mail has been sending me a giant half-newspaper page sized coupon list. I've been sadly using a few of them. Like, 2 ten piece chicken nuggets and 2 fries for $3.

They have 2 whoppers for $5 too. So I'll get that and have one for lunch and put one in the fridge for lunch the next day. It heats up surprisingly well. I don't care about the warm lettuce and tomato. I eat that poo poo in burritos so I don't care.

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One
Our main BK just closed permanently the other day.

There’s one left a little further away but they are definitely the C team of fast food service.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

The last time I went to BK there was a large family in front of me in the drive thru and they had a huge order and I had to wait like 10 minutes behind them. And also my burger was bad so now I won't go there again

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

8 spicy nuggs for $1 is a good bargain, and I think they're my favorite spicy nuggs of the McDs/Wendys/BK trio. A bit crunchy but they have an actual flavor profile, whereas the other two taste like regular nuggets with a shot of Frank's mixed into the breading as far as I can tell.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The new steakhouse burger is pretty good. Nowadays I need a novelty burger to pull me away from five guys and this one has got onion strings and a nice, tangy sauce on it. It’s tasty!

I also got onion rings on the side because bk fries suck and they gave me zesty sauce. I thought they stopped carrying that? Was glad to see it anyhow.

Another nice thing bk does that only maybe wendy’s does otherwise: sell a mini shake for a dollar. A full sized shake will make me sick, just gimme a lil guy.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Anonymous Robot posted:

I also got onion rings on the side because bk fries suck and they gave me zesty sauce. I thought they stopped carrying that? Was glad to see it anyhow.

There was a supply shortage early on during the COVID-pocalyse and a lot of locations ran out of it for a while. I think some locations made it sound permanent but, for instance, my local BK never ran out.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of like when Capital One lowered their interest rates from 1% to 0.65% when they thought no one was looking. :mad:

Eight nuggets is still a decent amount of nuggets though.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

you broke my grill posted:

The last time I went to BK there was a large family in front of me in the drive thru and they had a huge order and I had to wait like 10 minutes behind them. And also my burger was bad so now I won't go there again

I got really irritated the other day... i was second in line, and I could see the order board for the young woman in front of me. She was taking forever... then I noticed the board said "Order 2 of 2."

Then 3 of 3.

Then 4 of 4.

She went through the drive through and made 6 separate orders... and she was young enough to have used the goddam app ahead of time.

The time before that I saw a man punching a woman's car window when she went around and cut in front of the "we have 2 drive-thru ordering lines" line.

People are strange, with their ways.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Duck Stab!
Oct 21, 2020

HERE I COME, CONSTANTINOPLE!

The jalapeño bites are good if they don't overcook them and the filling explodes out.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I don't think there's even one second of any day that I don't want a BK original chicken sandwich. It's just so oily and salty and crunchy, and I just love them.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

*extremely Arnold voice*

GET TO DA WHOPPA

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The 3 for $3 deal chicken BLT was pretty good. But they changed it so now you just get a value menu chicken sandwich instead of one with bacon/lettuce/tomato. They also no longer have $1 eight piece nuggets. You can get 10 for $1.50.

Anyway, why are the hash browns so much cheaper than fries? It's like $1.50 for large hash browns and $3.50 for large fries. They are both made from the same product and both prepared the same way, just in different shapes.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

For some reason the 10 piece nugs at the bk near me is... 7 dollars wtf

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

For some reason the 10 piece nugs at the bk near me is... 7 dollars wtf
They’d better be a different nug at that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
i dont really get the appeal of burger king? what do they serve that isn't garbage?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!