Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

my ratio of ketchup/mayo/mustard is 60/30/10
mustard just too overpowering

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

0/60/40

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
mustard and pickles is the best burger topping just gimmie the greasy vinegar

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Del Taco actually has basically that on their menu already, the crispy chicken soft tacos. it's the exact same thing just wrapped slightly different

True, I'd just memory-holed them because they're really crappy lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cross-Section posted:

True, I'd just memory-holed them because they're really crappy lol

i still get them occasionally, they almost hit the spot, it's too bad the chicken is really bad lol

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Twenty Four posted:

You've got the whopper, the double whopper, the whopper Jr. but what about the whopper senior? is that the double whopper or just a whopper that has been sitting out for too long? something else?

The Whopper is the Whopper, Sr. because Sr. isn’t a title that is given until the Jr. comes into existence.

Like, if Jimmy Sr.’s son is Jimmy Jr., Jimmy Sr. was just Jimmy before he had Jimmy Jr. because there was no reason for him to be called Jimmy Sr.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i still get them occasionally, they almost hit the spot, it's too bad the chicken is really bad lol

Jack n the Box buying them and making them immediately put some frozen chicken on their menu is the most jack n the box thing ever.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

could probably market it as an "old-fashioned" whopper. anyone else remember when burger king used to put mustard on their burgers? pretty sure i remember bk burgers having mustard when i was a kid

texas double whopper uses mustard but you really have to customize it bc it uses so many toppings it becomes a gooey mess if you dont eat it fast enough

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i mean tbh i'm a big boy now i could probably just ask for a mustard packet and mustard my own burgers if i really wanted

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
While I agree that mustard doesn’t belong on the whopper, to me what defines a BK double cheeseburger vs the competition is the intense vinegar flavor of the mustard and pickles.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mustard ln burgers is good

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i don't really recall my double whopper bottom buns succumbing to the grease like this. maybe your local bk is extra greasy? or maybe i am inured to the grease, myself an avatar of doughy shame

Yeah I haven’t noticed that either, the Flame Broiling cooks it off. McDonald’s griddle cooked burgers just marinate in the grease

----------------

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

GateOfD posted:

my ratio of ketchup/mayo/mustard is 60/30/10
mustard just too overpowering

9/9/9

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that is a sparse burg

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Took advantage of the free chicken sando deal today

Got zesty sauce with the nuggs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They tried to charge me for it and then forgot to give it to me when I got to the window but I got it. It really hit the spot too.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
ate the mushroom and swiss. it was actually really good. whatever that seasoning they put on those burgs is, it's pretty good

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

The BK bacon double cheeseburger is my favorite fast food burg. It’s greasy, salty, disgusting, and under no circumstances do I want anyone to see me eating one. I loving love it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i just no to fast food bacon, its all so tasteless, and the bacon itself is an upcharge of like half the price of another burger

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Wendy's bacon is good, McDonald's bacon is not. BK is closer to the latter than the former

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Huh I'm not sure I've ever even had bk bacon, usually just going to whopper town

----------------

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

mekyabetsu posted:

The BK bacon double cheeseburger is my favorite fast food burg. It’s greasy, salty, disgusting, and under no circumstances do I want anyone to see me eating one. I loving love it.

You described it perfectly and I will annihilate one of those and a Whopper Jr. and proudly cover the BK burger flavor gamut.

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The OG chic sand was my go-to but the last couple times I had one the mayo-style sauce seemed not quite what I remembered. Been a few years, maybe worth another try?

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

When I used to sleep over after a night of drinking at my friend's house a bacon king was occasionally gotten on the way home and always hit right.

The only better bacon burger around here is Braums and I think it's super regional.

They cook their bacon crispy in a weaved square interlocking the bacon.

And they make their own American cheese.

And a combo for 8.59 comes with a shake of their own ice cream and fries.

I don't really like icecream and a shake is too much for me in a meal so I'd just get a coke but.. if you ever drive through the middle of no where and see a Braums check it out.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

GateOfD posted:

i just no to fast food bacon, its all so tasteless, and the bacon itself is an upcharge of like half the price of another burger

It was already mentioned, but yeah Wendy’s bacon is on point.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Apparently the "big" whopper news on Monday is a contest where you submit your idea for a whopper and if it gets picked, you get a million bucks. Otherwise you get a free whopper with 1 dollar purchase for your submission. Theres also the candied bacon whopper thats on LTO right now but I'm not really interested in that.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

how much can you change a whopper till its not a whopper anymore?

----------------

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Make it with lettuce leaves instead of chunks, only thing I hate about BK is the poo poo lettuce

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
make it come with cheese standard

there, give me the million dollars

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

They're probably more likely to pick a creation that uses stuff they already have or maybe once had. So just add like cheesy tots and jalapeno to a whopper or whatever

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Philthy posted:

been saying this forever, it's still perplexing that the whopper is one of the few flagship burgers that comes without cheese by default

if it's a "tradition" thing at this point and they think people will throw a fit, do a "have it your way" advertising campaign and make cheese a free whopper upgrade and people will go ape poo poo over it for a while

actually just do that anyhow it's a great marketing idea, basically make people think they are getting a premium addon for free that's just standard with most of your competition

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

have a whopper with like 6-7 beef patties, and a cheese slice for each one

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Philthy posted:

Got my vote

----------------

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

a sexual elk posted:

Make it with lettuce leaves instead of chunks, only thing I hate about BK is the poo poo lettuce

Have it your way. Ditch the crappy lettuce altogether.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

a sexual elk posted:

Have it your way. Ditch the crappy lettuce altogether.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the lettuce of mayonnaise is a critical component of the whopper experience

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I bet a full whopper size version of like the rodeo burger would probably sell.

I like their Swiss cheese better on the double whopper than the American and for some reason it was cheaper to add it to the sandwich last time I ordered one.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

GateOfD posted:

have a whopper with like 6-7 beef patties, and a cheese slice for each one

How quickly we forget the BK Stacker

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
had to go in to the office yesterday so i hit up the king for a double whoper for lunch. it's been a minute and a half since i last indulged but the good folks at bk saw fit to bless me with a great one. good buns, just the right amount of mayo and ketchup, patties tasty as can be. i savored every bite of that burg and was fully satisfied. A+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I can't bring myself to pay the cost of an actual whopper. Heck the whopper Jr. is over $3 and that seems too much now too. 2 rodeo cheeseburgers on the other hand...