Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

wouldn't able to handle a double whopper at work.
would get the i'm full drowsiness and fall asleep

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Has anyone tried this Candied Bacon Whopper yet?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Lemme guess... still no cheese on a Double Whopper :nallears:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

double no cheese

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Dokapon Findom posted:

This would be fine if they didn't charge you $0.60 for 2 slices of sub-Kraft Singles tier cheese.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

GateOfD posted:

is that with or without fries? if i get the double i forego the fries. load me up on that beef

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm addicted to fast food fries.
extra salt.

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

BK made an AI generator for their design a whopper contest. https://www.bk.com/campaigns/mdw

Goons over in GBS are abusing it as expected, lol. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053758&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I tried just adding cheese since most of us seem to agree that cheese coming standard on a whopper makes sense. It won't let you just add 1 thing, so I had to add cheese like 4x until it would generate it. This is what I got:

Apparently BK really doesn't want to offer just a whopper with cheese???

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i tried to do like:

Bacon
Cheese
Fish Patty
Chicken Patty
Beef Patty

and it just gave me an image with 3 beef patties

----------------

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

GateOfD posted:

:same:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

is that with or without fries? if i get the double i forego the fries. load me up on that beef

Always sub out their sub-par (but better than ever, I’ll give them that) fries for an original chicken sandwich.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Hey BK, check out the custom Whopper I designed for you. It's called "the TenderCrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch" :nallears:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

AvesPKS posted:

I can't bring myself to pay the cost of an actual whopper. Heck the whopper Jr. is over $3 and that seems too much now too. 2 rodeo cheeseburgers on the other hand...

I got a whopper jr with cheese and it was 5 :canada: shekels.

gently caress outta here, A&W has my back.

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dokapon Findom posted:

Hey BK, check out the custom Whopper I designed for you. It's called "the TenderCrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch" :nallears:

All the burger places that joined in on the chicken wars ending up with a worse chicken sandwich is a metaphor for something, although I don't know what.

Well I dunno I think the McCrispy is probably a push from the last McDonalds crispy chicken.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Szyznyk posted:

Always sub out their sub-par (but better than ever, I’ll give them that) fries for an original chicken sandwich.

Is this a joke, or can you seriously do this :stare:

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
Candied whopper was kinda like a BBQ bacon burger but drier and less flavorful.

Should have stuck to the original chicken sandwich.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

eightysixed posted:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

eightysixed posted:

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't sub a sandwich for fries on their website, just onion rings or "halfsies" (fries and rings mixed). Then I went poking around some more. With how jacked up expensive a side of fries is now, I guess it's believable some places would do this, even if it seems crazy.

On the BK website, a "Chicken Jr." sandwich is $2.69. (I'm guessing this is the one that would apply, not the original long sandwich which is now somehow almost 6 dollars by itself.)

A small side of fries is $2.99. :shepicide:

If I was on The Price is Right and had to pick the more expensive item, the sad trombones would be playing right now, and I would not win a new car. I probably would have been right several years ago though.

Twenty Four fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 13, 2024

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
ive learned to live without fries unless its like free fry friday or whatever

gently caress them trying to make 4 bucks for something that should be 50 cents and get off my lawn

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

whole reason I use the app is the free fries. haven't paid for a BK fry in a couple years

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Over the winter I developed something of a Friday evening ritual going into BK before my bar shift and eating their winter chili crisp, which was a special burger with effectively a big crispy melty cheese nugget in and jalapenos. It owned. Also there were consecutive weeks where I saw the same dude sitting in the same seat at the same table and time as I but he was eating a fish burger so is obviously a freak.

Anyway last time I went in the burger had been discontinued. The alpine burger I went for instead was disappointing - a big potato rosti, which is good, love a roati/hash brown in burgs, but also a giant slice of cold unmelted raclette cheese. If it had been melted properly it would have been great I guess

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Also I can't download the BK app where I live because my phone is registered in the UK so I'm geolocked out? Sad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

brexit means brexit

----------------

studsonDC
Feb 23, 2012

by Pragmatica
admin removed spam

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

----------------

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
We have been through this with far too many people. I am sorry. This could have been much better than you made it. "Have It Your Way," I guess.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
burger king keeps trying to add 4 free tater tots to my order instead of something actually useful

what the gently caress is anyone going to do with 4 tater tots

can I also have 7 free fries good sir, or maybe one onion ring?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Philthy posted:

This is called "frings" at places "in the know". That'll be $7.95 (on top of your combo)

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Philthy posted:

burger king keeps trying to add 4 free tater tots to my order instead of something actually useful

what the gently caress is anyone going to do with 4 tater tots

I don't think BK has tater tots most places, so if it's something free no one else gets, I guess that's sort of a win? Maybe the free tiny order is a test market thing?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Twenty Four posted:

I don't think BK has tater tots most places, so if it's something free no one else gets, I guess that's sort of a win? Maybe the free tiny order is a test market thing?

I think the cheesy tots come in small numbers like they mentioned

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
a single tot inside a container made to look like a Faberge egg. for true Kings like you.

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

a single tot inside a container made to look like a Faberge egg. for true Kings like you.

lol

Someone getting down on one knee, opening a classic ring box as if to propose marriage, and there is a single tater tot inside instead.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
haven't had bk in years, and i don't know if i have ever once ordered a whopper in my life

tried one this week and was surprised at how hefty it actually was, it really was a WHOPPPER

tasted aight, bad fries, see you in a few years again i guess

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

miss stacker sauce.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

“Loaded” cheese stacker tots with bacon when?

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

The price is insane for fast food, but this absolutely hit the spot in a way that McDonalds isn't even capable of. The cheese was melty, and the burger almost hot enough to burn my tongue. The bacon tastes of something, the smoke flavour is there. No one does a better fast food onion ring. 55 seconds from ordering to receiving my food. A working fully stocked freestyle machine.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Torquemada posted:

No one does a better fast food onion ring.

I feel like there isn't a bunch of competition for the title of "best fast food onion ring", as not many fast food places actually have onion rings, which is sort of disappointing. The only others that I can think of off the top of my head is Sonic and Culver's and I can't recall having them from either place. By default I'm getting tots at Sonic and cheese curds at Culver's.

Who else has them? (not including "that one place by my house" or a mediocre sit down restaurant chain because that doesn't count.) Other regional chains maybe? (like Culver's is sort of regional but expanding with what seems to be using a "throw a dart at the map" method.) Or are there some other place I just never thought of because I have a usual go-to?

I always prefer the lighter flour battered type onion rings than the panko crunchy type that BK has, but the fact that they even have them as an option is respect worthy.

Also they kick rear end on the rodeo cheeseburgers, if you can still get them.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Torquemada posted:

The price is insane for fast food, but this absolutely hit the spot in a way that McDonalds isn't even capable of. The cheese was melty, and the burger almost hot enough to burn my tongue. The bacon tastes of something, the smoke flavour is there. No one does a better fast food onion ring. 55 seconds from ordering to receiving my food. A working fully stocked freestyle machine.

that’s right

also Culver’s has better onion rings than BK but despite them both technically being fast food I don’t think it’s a fair fight

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Burger king also has the strongest app game in fast food. If you use the promotions, it’s almost as cheap as the cheapest offerings at McDonald’s. Plus you can combine rewards and offers.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
While Culvers might have better onion rings, they don't have BK's Zesty Sauce to dip em into. So BK wins the 'ring game imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Habit Burger has good thick onion rings with actual onions in them

----------------