Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
This is my definitive ranking of the Fast Food Apps - Debate & Discuss ITT :coolfish:

1) Burger King - Solid deals are the name of the game here, lots of BOGO and meal deals. Some deals are only available when ordering through the app and not every location offers that :ssj: Mediocre Interface

2) McDonalds - Used to be #1 with incredible deals (hella BOGO) but is more along the lines of "get a free fries/drink with sandwich X" these days. Still decent but not as good. Good Interface

3) Taco Bell - Utter poo poo. Zero Special Deals available, totally unacceptable IMO. Not much point of having the app otherwise. Excellent User Interface

Anyways thats how I feel. Let's share our eperiences ITT :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wtf OP. The point of the Taco Bell app is customizing your 9 burritos with 14 options each without having to yell that poo poo in to a speaker box.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I actually downloaded almost all of the apps for most of the fast food places I go to.

Good!

Five guys
Customize your burger and even have it READY FOR PICK UP WHEN YOU GET THERE. WOAH

McDonald's
Sometimes have coupons you can use, and also can have it ready when you get there.

Meh!

Taco Bell
Construct a customized monstrosity, but then you have to wait in line. Very hit or miss

Bad!

Subway - They'll never get the proportions right, on any of the ingredients or the sauce. If they're busy, they ignore online orders. In addition they use app notifications for just no loving reason. "Burr! It's February! We have no special deals! How about a hot sub to keep warm!" Their rewards program now forces you to use the app or their site and it sucks too.

Most apps - Most apps make you sign up for an account and just kinda email you over and over, regardless of your eating habits. Usually when they offer a deal for using the app, it's a drink or a small fry or something cheap because they force the franchisee to give it to you for free.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

UltraRed posted:

Meh!

Taco Bell
Construct a customized monstrosity, but then you have to wait in line. Very hit or miss

...Why are you waiting in line? They just call your name when your order is ready

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Tin Drum - good, highly customizable.
Chipotle - a little ponderous with the options at times but okay

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Most fast food apps allow one to enter a payment method, attached to their account.

Has anyone ever tried sharing one account over two phones/devices? I'd like to put the apps on my kid's phone, with my credentials, for times he's out and about with friends (or a school trip, or whatever) and then if he's stuck without money he'd still be able to order and pay for food on an app.

So, anyone done that?

Might be easier to just install apps in his name, and enter my credit card info.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

GORDON posted:

Might be easier to just install apps in his name, and enter my credit card info.

This seems like the easier way.

Also you've got a pretty good kid if that's something you'd do. Good job.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The Chipotle app is loving garbage because my go to order is a three pointer and they charge full price for that poo poo unless you order it in store.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I like the mcdonalds app because I can get my wife donut sticks and a latte without interacting with any humans outside of them handing me the food trough at curbside

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
"Slice": pizza-order-app

Just now went to order from a local chain, "Bambinos."

I started on their official website with online ordering. No coupons, I didn't want the 1 deal they offered. I added $21 of items, it was $2.50 to deliver, about $25 all-in.

I changed it to carry-out. $2.50 delivery charge dropped off, $1.50 "Convenience fee" appeared. Ok. $24.98.

Out of curiosity, I made the exact same order on Slice, which advertised "20% off all orders" on their home page. Added the exact same items. No convenience fee, but all item prices were jacked up just enough for the final order to come out to $24.98.

"Slice" is fine, but they shouldn't be doing that "20% off" horseshit.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

GORDON posted:

"Slice": pizza-order-app

Just now went to order from a local chain, "Bambinos."

I started on their official website with online ordering. No coupons, I didn't want the 1 deal they offered. I added $21 of items, it was $2.50 to deliver, about $25 all-in.

I changed it to carry-out. $2.50 delivery charge dropped off, $1.50 "Convenience fee" appeared. Ok. $24.98.

Out of curiosity, I made the exact same order on Slice, which advertised "20% off all orders" on their home page. Added the exact same items. No convenience fee, but all item prices were jacked up just enough for the final order to come out to $24.98.

"Slice" is fine, but they shouldn't be doing that "20% off" horseshit.

Restaurants set their own prices on Slice; the local chain is marking it up to account for Slice’s cut, which is lovely of them. Slice owns though because they provide a good platform for local joints to do online ordering without having to engage with the gig economy hellscape that is doordash et al.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

When the McDonald's app came out you could keep signing up with different email addresses and get a free burger/sandwich every time. It was great.