Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

got some chicken tendies today to try, they were meh. stickin to burgers

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

tendies were always the weakest part of the menu, did they ever figure out how to make it so that biting into them didn't squirt hot bubbling juice directly into your mouth?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

first time Ive heard about that, but thinking about it i dont think ive ever gotten an order of em that was that fresh

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
i only get the buffalo ones and haven't experienced that, i think i had that issue with the regular ones tho

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

they didnt squirt juice in my mouth but they were like TV dinner tendies and not what i was hoping for or expecting

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I've only gotten them when I went with coworkers and I wasn't in the mood for a burger. They're not terrible, just average. It's the price that confuses me the most about them, there is no reason for them to be the same as Canes, Popeyes or anywhere else. They used to be super cheap, now they're as much as the burgers for 2 or 3. It's the one thing on their menu that is completely skewed price wise.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 3, 2023

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

the buffalo tendies are a lot better than the regular ones. the plain ones have a weird breadcrumb coating, but the buffalo ones have a thicker, batter-style coating with way more flavor

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

is the chicken sandwich chicken the same kind of weird breadcrumb situation as the tendies

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

im pretty sure its just one of the tenders yeah

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

The diet root beer at my local store’s self serve fountain is really foamy. You have to pause and wait dozens of seconds to continue filling the cup

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

it's culver's so it'll still be good

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Obvious vandalism. No Culver's drive-through could ever be described as "Speedy"

<3 al!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

pwn posted:

Obvious vandalism. No Culver's drive-through could ever be described as "Speedy"

oh no way, that's the culver's on Capitol Dr in Shorewood WI, right on the north border with Milwaukee, and that location has their drive through ops down to a loving science, it's amazing how quick it is. They were good before the pandemic, but turned into an absolute powerhouse during and after. super fast (as much as Culver's could be) and accurate.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Doublebuttered today.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Hypnolobster posted:

Doublebuttered today.

that's burgin

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hypnolobster posted:

Doublebuttered today.

gently caress me up

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
There's a lot of hot air online because Culver's switched from the inferior Pepsi to Coke. I'm still going to get the diet root beer next time I go back home. Moved from a state this past Summer with a no Culver's (VA) to a state with no Culver's (MA).

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I don't mind pepsi or coke either way that much, but yeah it's a moot point at culvers, you should be getting the root beer anyway.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
i was recently reminded that Culver's used to sell fried chicken and I remember it being pretty good

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
my wife is raging about this. she likes both pepsi and coke, but fountain pepsi is like god tier above everything else to her for some reason

like, im probably not going to be eating at a culvers with her anytime soon

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Dang, I absolutely do not drink Coke, and every once in a while, I need something caffeinated. I guess there's always "drink root beer, get a 20oz of Pepsi nearby."

He/his pronouns.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

My understanding is that Coke is more expensive than a Pepsi and most people don't care. Changing it is a mystery, maybe it matters more outside of the Midwest?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo after scoring at least 50 points for the third time in the past 11 games:

""Tomorrow I think I'm going to go to Culver's," said Antetokounmpo, who also had 18 rebounds. "I'll go get 50 cheeseburgers and try to eat as many as I can. The rest, I'll have my son eat them or I give them to my dog."

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Philthy posted:

my wife is raging about this. she likes both pepsi and coke, but fountain pepsi is like god tier above everything else to her for some reason

like, im probably not going to be eating at a culvers with her anytime soon

Definitely not knocking your wife or anything, because you didn't say this at all really, but I've never really understood the "I only drink Pepsi or Coke, and it's a deal breaker" crowd. Such as what I think I gather from this:

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Dang, I absolutely do not drink Coke, and every once in a while, I need something caffeinated. I guess there's always "drink root beer, get a 20oz of Pepsi nearby."

Like, I prefer Coke, and if I'm going to the store that's what I will buy, but I don't really care if a restaurant or fast-food place has one or the other. Hell, my favorite dive bar has some generic fountain cola, but I don't really care, it's just something to dump whiskey into.

The real answer though is:

aniviron posted:

I don't mind pepsi or coke either way that much, but yeah it's a moot point at culvers, you should be getting the root beer anyway.

Also:

Whooping Crabs posted:

Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo after scoring at least 50 points for the third time in the past 11 games:

""Tomorrow I think I'm going to go to Culver's," said Antetokounmpo, who also had 18 rebounds. "I'll go get 50 cheeseburgers and try to eat as many as I can. The rest, I'll have my son eat them or I give them to my dog."

I don't really know this guy, and I'm almost torn, but I think I admire his questionable decisions.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Twenty Four posted:

I don't really know this guy, and I'm almost torn, but I think I admire his questionable decisions.

He's a pure soul who grew up poor and stateless in Greece, was drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks at age 18 purely on his size and athleticism, and has worked his butt off to become arguably the best player in the NBA. He signed a long term deal to stay in Milwaukee when he could have signed in a big market like New York or LA and become the de facto face of the league after Lebron. He makes dad jokes at press conferences.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Oh poo poo
https://twitter.com/Stoltzy3/status/1621409708501344257?s=20&t=Pn3q-ysngGjqkuJski3N2Q

pwn
May 27, 2004

Culver's (probably) doesn't hate LGBTQ+

<3 al!

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Phone posting from Culver’s right now while the fam finishes their ice cream. The walleye is back until April for anyone interested.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

pwn
May 27, 2004

drunkb posted:

Phone posting from Culver’s right now while the fam finishes their ice cream. The walleye is back until April for anyone interested.

Is it still the same small fillets they switched to a year or two ago?

I had the real thing back in 2020 and am ruined forever on anything but the best

pwn posted:

Note: This was true up until 2022, they changed their supplier and while it's still a good sandwich I'd argue that the cod is a better value, can't taste much of a difference, wouldn't be terribly surprised if some investigative reporter discovered they were using cod now. Either way the portion size also got drastically reduced.

Here is a video of the proper Walleye Sandwich I shot in 2020, in the nascent days of the pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGe-oz0v_k4

It was for a friend so it's unlisted, but now I'm showing it to all you goons as both a demonstration of the former might of this noble sandwich and as a tribute, for this is all we have left of it; a satisfying crunchy bite echoing through time. gently caress the new Walleye sandwich.

Please tell me it's back.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

pwn posted:

Is it still the same small fillets they switched to a year or two ago?

I had the real thing back in 2020 and am ruined forever on anything but the best

Please tell me it's back.

I was tempted to try it, but had been planning on burg’in all day. They showed me the sign at the register that it was back and there was little signs at each table as well. I will try to trip report it soon though.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

drunkb posted:

oh hell yeah

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I thought it was pretty drat good

pwn
May 27, 2004

Trip report: Went to Culver's with a friend and I got the walleye sandwich. I took a bite, went in and returned it; played them the video when asked why, which was very unambiguous. The new sandwich is so much smaller, and of course a couple dollars more.

It's fine, it's over, those days are over, the walleye we knew up through 2021(?) is gone. Just making it clear, because this is the reputation they built (photos from social media over the past 8 years)

and this is what they're using now (basket, but my sandwich had the same cut, and they are most definitely bun-length)

https://twitter.com/annarueanna/status/1625967222840598528

I only searched for pics to make sure, like, my store wasn't a fluke, that this was how everyone else experienced it. Now I'm going to put this nonsense out of mind and move on with my life

Besides that the curds were good. Took my refunded $8.43 to the Taco John's next door and got my taco tuesday on.

<3 al!

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
"Something looks black under the crust of my fish"?

That's the goddamn skin, walleye fillets are always sold skin-on. It's tasty as hell.

I also don't see how bigger fillet size automatically equates to quality? Some Canadian Walleye sources periodically sell smaller fish as they're pretty hard on the resource :(

I can understand seeing that you're getting less for your money and not liking that, but the bigger fillets pictured aren't cheap anywhere. I don't know how they managed the volume they did at fast food prices even before food prices went crazy.

Also, speaking as a frequent eater at real fish fries, Culver's fish has always been a greasy mess and expensive for what you get.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Myron Baloney posted:

Also, speaking as a frequent eater at real fish fries, Culver's fish has always been a greasy mess and expensive for what you get.

I'll argue the opposite. Their normal cods are usually huge, and not greasy. They've *always* been a solid fish fry. I can't speak for the walleye, but their cod has been perfect for as long as I can remember. I've got a few favorites that are better than Culvers, but I will say they're better than most I've had, easily. I dunno how big fish fries are outside of WI, but they're usually a big deal here. The amount you get is generally the same, or more. Their cod pieces are huge. A 3 piece will be two meals for me.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 22, 2023

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

no idea if this is new but my Culver's had a Spicy Chicken Sandwich and I tried it today and it was not all that good, the buffalo chicken strips I've had before were way better

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Went to culvert’s for lunch, did what I do every time and thought about trying the pot roast sandwich and got a burg instead.

It was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Can you get a burger with pot roast on it. Like— both meats like sometimes at a bbq place they’ll put a beef patty and pulled pork on a bun