Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

If you're not cis, talk here.

Rules:

1. don't misgender.

2. If you're here to advocate for Contra, :frogout:. You have the lefttuber thread, and a lot of us trans folks don't like her. If you're a transes and want to talk about her, it's okay, but otherwise please no. This also should be read to include Kat Blaque, who has been acting like a rear end in a top hat lately.

3. Don't correctly spell tormp

4.If you're here to stir the poo poo, :fuckoff:

5.If you want to learn about us, or questioning or just wanted to be nice to us? :getin: Just take your lumps like an adult if you say something dumb.

6. Magic shave is magic, for those who have unwanted hair.

7. Truscum, AGP believers and similar ilk: :getout:, We don't want your kind in here, your ideas are terrible and if you show your terrible faces, you will be dunked without end or mercy. We stand behind NB and non-conventional binary CSPAM and other goons of every type. :hai:

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 02:49 on Feb 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

the other thread seemed to be tentatively open to cis goons who wanted to chill and be supportive/empathetic; is that so here or would y’all prefer not?

VVVV :cheers:

the yeti has issued a correction as of 20:49 on Feb 4, 2020

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Fixed op.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

a thread about trans and gender issues in general would be cool, but please do not import tgrs/fyad drama into cspam once again. last time nearly killed this subforum.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Fixed op, as you requested.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Another subforum annexed into the troon empire! :getin:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Surprised whatstheirface, the Oh Human Star fan didn't do it earlier.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

and now, for my greatest invention: a successful cross-synthesis between the doge bonk meme and She-Ra, which I tentatively call, "She-Ra Gets Bonked On The Head With Some Sort of Object"

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Hi new thread, so I'm assuming other people have been through this but having my brain rocket back and forth between "yeah I def think I'd be happier with myself if I took hormone therapy" and "but life would be easier if I just, uh, didn't do that" is a hell of a trip and I'm not sure what to do about it at the moment

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Xad posted:

Hi new thread, so I'm assuming other people have been through this but having my brain rocket back and forth between "yeah I def think I'd be happier with myself if I took hormone therapy" and "but life would be easier if I just, uh, didn't do that" is a hell of a trip and I'm not sure what to do about it at the moment

Figure out where your line is of "stable and safe" enough to move forward to transitioning. For me I needed to be settled down with my partner because I needed the support and also wanted a stable job. For you you may not be able to or willing to wait for that.

Id reccomend trying out presentation online in like test space and see how it makes you feel as that's less work than well anything else.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

hello is this where i go if i want to get my identity politicized

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Xad posted:

it's a hard place to be for sure. for me, therapy and talking with some friends who had been through it - the latter more than the former, I think - helped me sort through that stuff.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

StratGoatCom posted:

Surprised whatstheirface, the Oh Human Star fan didn't do it earlier.

CSPAM is a garbage forum full of garbage people I wouldn't want to infect not already garbage sibs

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

We're all trash mammals in here :getin:.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Xad posted:

It's sometimes easy to get in the weeds with transition, so why not try and take a step back from HRT.

Do you want your body to grow the same way? Are there things that might make you happier if they changed? Are there any things you definitely don't want changed? Don't worry about how right now, imagine I have a magic body changing machine. You putting yourself in there?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

T-man posted:

It's sometimes easy to get in the weeds with transition, so why not try and take a step back from HRT.

Do you want your body to grow the same way? Are there things that might make you happier if they changed? Are there any things you definitely don't want changed? Don't worry about how right now, imagine I have a magic body changing machine. You putting yourself in there?

1. Nope, haven't really been a huge fan of most of the things puberty did to me I just figured there was nothing I could do about it so I didn't bother thinking about it I guess, until recently

2. Hmm maybe one or two things

3. Oh absolutely put me in coach

Thanks everyone for the responses, btw. Talking about this definitely helps, also just seeing other goons talk about similar experiences. Y'all are pretty great with the support and validation

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Best of luck Xad. What I can offer is that yeah it suuuuucked when I started to transition but now, a decade down the line, it's great. Figure out what's right for you; ignoring it won't help in the long run. If I had I wouldn't be here today.

Then when you've got it all figured out and handled to your satisfaction you can get on with being miserable for all the reasons everyone else.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Xad posted:

1. Nope, haven't really been a huge fan of most of the things puberty did to me I just figured there was nothing I could do about it so I didn't bother thinking about it I guess, until recently

2. Hmm maybe one or two things

3. Oh absolutely put me in coach

Thanks everyone for the responses, btw. Talking about this definitely helps, also just seeing other goons talk about similar experiences. Y'all are pretty great with the support and validation

I felt very similarly like a year ago so I continued to work on the rest of my life and think and reflect about HRT and then started like 3 months ago and am glad that I waited until I was good and ready, but also glad I started and already like the changes I'm seeing. it's ok to take your time.

I agree tho, give me the magic body changing machine posthaste

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Upon further reflection you appear to have a sonic avatar now, I diagnose you with six genders and a bad case of psychology.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
hello cool politics forum trans thread

i hate respectability politics and i am hopefully going to call out and insult a government bigot to his face on the canadian equivalent of c-span later this year

Arivia has issued a correction as of 06:11 on Feb 5, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i like this new campaign promise

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

Finally, change I can believe in

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/chucktingle/status/1221813597254238209?s=21

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

T-man posted:

Upon further reflection you appear to have a sonic avatar now, I diagnose you with six genders and a bad case of psychology.

I'm too fast, gender dysphoria can't keep up with me :pseudo:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Xad posted:

I'm too fast, gender dysphoria can't keep up with me :pseudo:

:hf:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

So anyone taking bets on if Pete would throw us under the bus?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

StratGoatCom posted:

he absolutely would

i get a vibe from him that he doesn’t really care/is embarrassed by other lgbt people

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

The question was purely rhetorical; we all know, if someone was to :toxx: on this, the mods may as well ban them straight away after a Pete victory in the primary. The only question is how much of the rest of the dem minority coalition goes with us. :smithicide:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

StratGoatCom posted:

You've gotta be willing to get within 20 feet of trans issues before you can throw them under the bus

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ikanreed posted:

You've gotta be willing to get within 20 feet of trans issues before you can throw them under the bus

Yup, this, pretty much.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/surprise-estrogen-as-neur/

That might explain a lot about the transfemme experience, maybe. :science:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1228409876445093888?s=21

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

PenguinKnight posted:

he absolutely would

i get a vibe from him that he doesn’t really care/is embarrassed by other lgbt people

Pretty common stance from rich white gay dudes specifically regarding literally anyone else under the LGBT umbrella.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I'm a het cis but good luck during your transitions, if you are still going through them. :glomp:

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:
Is it cringe to have Krystal Ball as a transition goal? I might have my head too much in the politics world, this is like the people who think Elizabeth Warren is their mom isn't it?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

gently caress it, be whoever you want to be. Don't compare your desires to the delusions felt to others, that can become a toxic cycle of self doubt real fast.

Elizabeth Warren is the mom who "still loves you" but gets your pronouns consistently wrong and won't apologize.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

T-man posted:

ah, the three bernie platforms
1) abolish heterosexuality
2) abolish gender
3) abolish the state

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Xad posted:

i feel this but with the additional stress of me not wanting to be a cute manlet if i took hrt and top surgery because i'm 5'2"

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

not an endorsement posted:

i feel this but with the additional stress of me not wanting to be a cute manlet if i took hrt and top surgery because i'm 5'2"

I’m 5’0” and slowly coming to terms with being a very handsome miniature of a male human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Hawkperson posted:

I’m 5’0” and slowly coming to terms with being a very handsome miniature of a male human

goals