Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
A chain called Burgerim opened up a new store nearby. Anyone hear of this joint? Any good? I gotta know goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Go eat some and find out

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Hey you. You're finally awake. You were trying to order at the drive-thru right?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Honky Dong Country posted:

Go eat some and find out

I was planning to this weekend. Will report back.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

They have a website and it looks like they're trying to do the trendy burger thing. But eh could be good who knows.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They’re doing the trendy burger thing but with sliders. I have one near me that took over a year and a half to open and will probably close within 6 months. I haven’t been there yet.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Fuckin sliders. Give me a big meaty patty any day of the week.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

it's from Israel, it's pronounced "burger-eem" and the one here lasted less than a year. that's all I know

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Crusty Nutsack posted:

it's from Israel, it's pronounced "burger-eem" and the one here lasted less than a year. that's all I know

I better go this weekend because they might be gone the next.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jose Oquendo posted:

Fuckin sliders. Give me a big meaty patty any day of the week.

Yeah I've never had sliders that didn't make me go "this would've been just fine as a regular burger." I don't get the appeal of baby burgs.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Yeah I've never had sliders that didn't make me go "this would've been just fine as a regular burger." I don't get the appeal of baby burgs.

A slider size patty is the perfect size to make little burgers from Kings hawaiian rolls.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Resting Lich Face posted:

A slider size patty is the perfect size to make little burgers from Kings hawaiian rolls.

Dog Haus just leaves 4 of them connected to make their burgs and it works pretty well IMO.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The burgerim near my work was open for 6 months then one night they closed and and never opened again.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its alright. The big selling point is thr variety of meats and such for your sliders. Also, they aren't open on the weekends so... Don't go then

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its alright. The big selling point is thr variety of meats and such for your sliders. Also, they aren't open on the weekends so... Don't go then

Their meat variety is also pretty lame. Like there is no way they have wagyu there all the time. They have decent little burgs but their meat selection seems like a scam to me.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Burger IM? Yo went there and it was good. But I would rate them as gourmet burgers / "fast casual", so not allowed here imo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol at the burger joint that isn’t open on Saturday when restaurants make a large percentage of their money.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

They have some nice burgs, lots of options. A tad pricey though.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The Shortest Path posted:

They have some nice burgs, lots of options. A tad pricey though.

I gotta admit I'm a little skeptical of any place that has burgs where they make a point of saying they got different aiolis on them. Like there's nothing wrong with aiolis but if you see everything is an aioli and there's no mayo in sight anywhere it seems like a good indicator that their gimmick is "We're trendy and cool!!!"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I gotta admit I'm a little skeptical of any place that has burgs where they make a point of saying they got different aiolis on them. Like there's nothing wrong with aiolis but if you see everything is an aioli and there's no mayo in sight anywhere it seems like a good indicator that their gimmick is "We're trendy and cool!!!"

That’s what I’m saying with them saying they have Wagyu beef. Like wagyu is extremely pricey and isn’t just everywhere. So how they just have it at every Burgerim franchise just seems weird to me.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The_Rob posted:

That’s what I’m saying with them saying they have Wagyu beef. Like wagyu is extremely pricey and isn’t just everywhere. So how they just have it at every Burgerim franchise just seems weird to me.

Ugh I feel like a burger is a total waste of good beef like wagyu. I def get what you mean. To me the glory of the burg is its ability to make plain old hamburger meat taste really great. Why the hell would you use wagyu or dry aged beef or something, gently caress.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 5, 2020

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
another chaim restaurant

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Be our goon guerilla reporter on the ground floor of this investigation.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Definitely this. I want the OP to go eat there and report back.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yeah please get a Family Box and report back..

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I will confess that the two times I've been there, I have not gotten beef. I went with lamb the first time, and vegetarian the second.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It reminds me of a classy white castle in terms of the shape of the burgers though you can get regular burgers there. There are a lot of options regarding topping, bun type, burger beef type and that's kinda cool. The fries are just potato circles but that's ok.

I think they just declared for Bankruptcy but it's worth a look at least once.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

I think they just declared for Bankruptcy but it's worth a look at least once.

It's a bit weirder than that, looks like.
https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/emerging-brands/burgerim-disaster

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

lol yeah, for some reason this doesn't surprise me. One store opened up late last year in the same city that already had a burgerim, 3 miles away.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I absolutely will. I'll get as much info, pics, and videos as possible.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I wanna eat that family box

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Burgerim? I barely know 'im!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

shadow puppet of a posted:

why do 2 of the sandwiches not have top buns?

also this made me lol

Resting Lich Face posted:

Hey you. You're finally awake. You were trying to order at the drive-thru right?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

shadow puppet of a posted:

Those onion rings look pretty serious. Sucks about being a franchise scam though, we had a venture capital mob turn a bunch of local chains into that sort of setup and collapse them over the last few years.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I think Burgerim is one of the archangels.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Doctor Butts posted:

I think Burgerim is one of the archangels.

As described in Isaiah, he's 400 feet tall, all kosher beef, with seven wings and a stack of chipotle onion rings for just $7.99.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

A chain called Burgerim opened up a new store nearby. Anyone hear of this joint? Any good? I gotta know goons.

welp...

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/financing/sen-feinstein-asks-ftc-investigate-burgerim

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I checked the website for their hours and I'm not even sure if the BurgerIM near me is even open or if it will ever open. The website says 'Coming Soon.'

I'm going to find out this weekend anyway. I'll upload a video of my adventure either way.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Huh, I guess that explains why the one near me suddenly closed down.

I probably didn't miss much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I live close to the Burbank one that just shut down one day last year. Overpriced burgers, decent garlic aioli fries though.