Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
SATURDAY
Dragons @ Defenders - 2PM EST (ABC)
Wildcats @ Roughnecks - 5PM EST (Fox)

SUNDAY
Vipers @ Guardians - 2PM EST (Fox)
BattleHawks @ Renegades - 5PM EST (ESPN)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Roughnecks bitch

Connor Cook 2 Sammy Coates

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
Will the xfl last a full season? Stay tuned.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

O/U: 5 weeks

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Edward Mass posted:

SATURDAY
Dragons @ Defenders - 2PM EST (ABC)
Wildcats @ Roughnecks - 5PM EST (Fox)

SUNDAY
Vipers @ Guardians - 2PM EST (Fox)
BattleHawks @ Renegades - 5PM EST (ESPN)

drat, this sucks. I work Saturdays 9-5 on the west coast.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Dango Bango posted:

O/U: 5 weeks

Over. They definitely make it 1 full season

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Over. They definitely make it 1 full season

They actually have capital, unlike the AAF

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
my girlfriend was SO happy football season was over. little does she know . . . :devil:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
hell yeah let’s go Guardians, fan since day 1, baby.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

quote:

Until we get an idea of what schemes and personnel groupings we’ll see from the teams in the league, we won’t know for sure what exactly to expect from the squads until they actually play a game.

However, that won’t stop me from giving you my fantasy starting lineup for Week 1:

QB: Quinton Flowers, Tampa Bay Vipers: I am glad that Flowers has made a return to his original position, you know, the one where he set numerous records at the University of South Florida. Because of his ability to do damage with his arm and legs, he should have an excellent debut as the Vipers signal caller. Look for him to rack up yards on the ground and in the air.

RB: Darius Victor, New York Guardians: The Guardians’ PR staff has done a great job pumping out content from their practices and scrimmages, and one clip from RB Darius Victor not only jives with what he did throughout his career at Towson, but should be a sign of things to come for the Guardians ground game.

RB: Ja’Quan Gardner, Seattle Dragons: Gardner was one of the backfield stars of the San Diego Fleet in the short-lived AAF, drawing comparisons to Maurice Jones-Drew. He’s got very good vision, footwork and balance. I like his ability in the passing game, as well, so, look for him to see the ball a lot this week against D.C.

WR: Jazz Ferguson, Dallas Renegades: Ferguson has a chance to be this league’s version of DK Metcalf. He’s a big, physical WR (6-foot-5, 223 pounds), with the ability to separate from defenders. With Head Coach Bob Stoops running the show, look for Ferguson to see his fair share of targets, especially inside the red zone.

WR: Cam Phillips, Houston Roughnecks: Roughnecks QB P.J. Walker will be one of the most efficient QBs in the league. With that being said, the ball will come out quick and on-time. The direct beneficiary of that type of QB play is the wide receiver who can get himself open the quickest. On the Roughnecks roster, that person is Cam Phillips. He runs really good routes and has dependable hands. I expect him to rack up the receptions.

WR: Malachi Dupre, D.C. Defenders: “Silky smooth” is one of the best descriptions you can give a wide receiver, and that aptly describes Malachi Dupre of the D.C. Defenders. I love his ability to sky up for the reception, and also lay out for the catch. He will quickly become the favorite target for starting QB Cardale Jones.

TE: Wes Saxton, St. Louis Battlehawks: Head Coach Jonathan Hayes was a former NFL TE and coached the position for years in the league. One of the safer bets for Week 1 would be that a Battlehawks TE will see the football. Saxton, who has good athleticism, will be that guy for St. Louis.

FLEX: RB Larry Rose, Los Angeles Wildcats: I’m a big fan of Larry Rose’s game. The reason why I like him here in the FLEX spot is because of his versatility and big-play capability. Rose has the speed to hit the home run on any given play, and is a very good downfield threat in the passing game. He’s a chunk play waiting to happen.

DEF: New York Guardians: The Guardians have a lot of beef on the defensive interior, with guys like T.J. Barnes and Joey Mbu (who played really well in the AAF last winter). They also have players in Cavon Walker and Bunmi Rotimi who can affect the pocket as well. I like the athleticism at linebacker with Nick DeLuca, who just finds the football in the passing game, and Ben Heeney. Their front seven is impressive and will be tough to move the ball against.

I’ll double-dip this weekend at both the D.C./Seattle and Tampa Bay/New York games. So be on the lookout for my Monday takeaways here on The Athletic. #CleatsOnTheGround

Since it’s a new league, and a lot of relative unknowns surrounding Week 1, certain teams just give off a vibe of hitting the ground running. So, if I had 3 bucks and lived in New Jersey, I’d try a parlay of D.C. (-6.5), Los Angeles (+3.5), Tampa Bay (-1.5) and Dallas (-7).

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I can't bring myself to root for a DC-area team, so go whoever.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Go Dragons, I guess.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

seiferguy posted:

Go Dragons, I guess.

Same.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

O/U is the fourth week of the second season

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Are you allowed to kneel in the XFL?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Go Dragons, I guess.
My alma mater is the Dragons (Drexel U) and we don’t have a football team so this

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

seiferguy posted:

Go Dragons, I guess.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Sucks Keenan Reynolds is playing WR. I need a pro version of Navy.

Can't decide between DC and Seattle. Defenders have more familiar players but Dragons have Cole Tracy and are dragons.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Is there a list of ex-NFL dudes in this

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Defenders have Cardale Jones so I am required to announce that I am a lifelong Defenders fan and this is our year.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I saw the xfl thread got closed and I was mad as hell. Go Defenders you might be a good xfl team or possibly not.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Vipers bitch! Guardians going to get RKO'd outta nowhere SUNDAY ON PAY PER VIEW!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm going to choose which team I root for by the biggest win in week one. Shameless bandwagon XFL fan here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DALLAS RENEGASDES

GONNA THROW BALL

EAT POINTS

CRAPP WINS

DALASLLSADASLDLASLDASKDLASDA:unsmigghh:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Dragons, bitch.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Will the league fold before they play a game in Saudi Arabia?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I'm just here for Matt McGloin.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Will the league fold before they play a game in Saudi Arabia?

The entirety of the second season will be played in Saudia Arabia after they lose leases on more than half the stadiums they're using this year.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

poly and open-minded posted:

Is there a list of ex-NFL dudes in this

marquette king is on the st. louis battlehawks

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
AAF made it 7 weeks with no funding and people stealing the money they did have.

XFL is a lock for being at least a season, even if it has to be dragged to the end kicking and screaming.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

If I'm not already doing something Saturday, I'll watch. I'm legit interested how some of the new rules play out.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Hell Yeah! Eat it Goodell!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
The XFL lasted a full season last time and even had a championship game. Vince has the money, I can't see how this doesn't at least make it that far again.

ps uh, go Guardians I guess

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
No way Vince's ego lets this fold quicker than the old XFL so we'll be getting at least one season and part of a second at minimum.

Go... Wildcats? Sure, why not.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Going by some of the videos I've seen, I'm seeing a lot of ex-Panthers.

Go spring football?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Physically closest team is the Guardians but I cannot in good conscience support an NY team. So uh yeah I guess go Dragons because dragons own and I have no beef with Seattle. Or possibly bandwagon whatever team does something cool week 1.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1070402549646327809

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
go the dragons i suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Wait, this is actually still happening?....

:psyduck: