Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
How much cash is it going to take to make this go away

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Hello OP,

Can you please lie to me and tell me that Chinese Buffets are the cleanest of all restaurant kitchens?

Sincerely,

TheAardvark

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Grossest poo poo you've found or heard about.

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

How much cash is it going to take to make this go away

I couldn't consider anything less than 300k a serious offer given how high the risk of losing everything is. The industry is tiny and you'd be blacklisted very quickly

TheAardvark posted:

Hello OP,

Can you please lie to me and tell me that Chinese Buffets are the cleanest of all restaurant kitchens?

Sincerely,

TheAardvark

I'm gonna need 300k to make this claim

Resting Lich Face posted:

Grossest poo poo you've found or heard about.

to date the grossest I heard about was someone shat and painted all over a washroom and the staff left it sitting overnight

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

another gross thing was walking into a basement restaurant and the kitchen is flooded with turds floating around people's feet, the person who responded to it said nobody got even batted an eye when they informed patrons of the shituation and ordered the place to close in the middle of the room lol

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The average reach down beer fridge has sludge at the bottom and keg lines aren’t cleaned very well unless the place cares

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
How does Chipotle stay open?

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
in your opinion what is the #1 thing that will make you inclined to fail an inspection, that you feel most people don't think about? like when you hear about restaurants failing inspection, people usually think of the typical suspects: rats in the kitchen, improper storage of foods, lack of cleanliness in prep areas. but what are some major violations that people don't think about?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
why didn't the health inspector bosses hire me

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

how many roaches and rat feces will the average goon who posts here consume every year?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I used to work at a place that loopholed out of random health inspections due to >51% of sales being technically groceries. They fell under the department of agriculture and got one pre-scheduled inspection per year- the only day of the year that the kitchen would be clean. The kitchen manager's daughter manages a kitchen and would take her mom's online recertification tests for her, so she had no clue how to use bleach or avoid cross-contamination. The 3 compartment sink was never used correctly, and the tube of bleach tablets above it dated to her old restaurant that went out of business 15 years ago. The vegetable sink was never sanitary, but it was fine because produce was never washed. There would regularly be raw chicken thawing in the slop in the bottom of the fridge alongside raw salmon. Generally speaking I saw the manager there do absolutely horrifying things with chicken, every time she laid her hands on chicken. For example, one time I watched her contaminate most of a catered wedding by dumping out a bunch of raw marinated chicken directly onto the prep table in the middle of a bunch of ready to eat food being trayed, and loving with it for an hour with her bare hands in between putting out hot food for lunch, touching ready to eat food and all of the related tools/utensils without ever washing them correctly. She'd just waggle her hands in the loving dishwater and rinse them and go touch some antipasti for fun. I think I might have PTSD.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

barnold posted:

in your opinion what is the #1 thing that will make you inclined to fail an inspection, that you feel most people don't think about? like when you hear about restaurants failing inspection, people usually think of the typical suspects: rats in the kitchen, improper storage of foods, lack of cleanliness in prep areas. but what are some major violations that people don't think about?

Clean your dirty-rear end can opener. That’s literally the only violation the pizzeria I worked in as a student ever got.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
if you find a random pube on a table in the kitchen what happens

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

I run a food production business in the UK (fudge, specifically) and have the highest possible health rating- to be honest knowing how simple it is to keep on top of cleanliness and hygiene procedures it loving terrifies me when I see places with 1* or 2*. So much so that I’ve severely cut down the number of places I’ll consider eating at.

Has your work had the same effect on you? Genuinely it staggers me how some businesses manage it- I self identify as a lazy bastard and I don’t find the work involved particularly difficult or onerous. In fact best practice is often easier and cheaper than half arsing it.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

barnold posted:

Probably not the food inspection stuff but the fire inspection stuff. As much as places go out of their way to clean up the restaurant that one day a year or whatever they are expecting a health inspection, the fire stuff flies under the radar. That back or side door that is always locked but supposed to be open gets forgotten because that's just how it always is or even encouraged by management to keep that door locked, no one checks to see if the fire alarms are working, nobody ever checks to see if the fire extinguisher has expired and who is going to go get a new one from somewhere anyhow, and who the hell is actually going to pull those emergency levers on the wall to check if they actually still work?

It's all the stuff that gets ignored because "there's other more pressing things have to be done right now", "I'm running late", "finally I have a minute to slow down and relax", "we are really slow but I'm not actually going to look for something to do" or "no way I'm doing anything more than just going home now I've been here all day". It's the background stuff that never gets used and doesn't affect anything day to day until you actually need it. Maybe a boring answer, but, pretty typical.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
OP do you ever hassle the burger joint owner b/c he married your ex

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

What qualifies for a GOOD food safety rating. I see so many businesses with that sign in their window acting like there’s no such thing as an EXCELLENT food safety rating

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Worried the OP failed the wrong Taco Bell and wound up in the ‘ground beef’ :ohdear:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
could go for a taco bell soft taco combo tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
are you gay

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!